Severe Cystic Acne ...

Notifications
Clear all

Severe Cystic Acne On Cheeks And Jawline

MemberMember
(@eh1996)

Posted : 06/18/2015 12:53 am

HELP.

I have super severe acne on my cheeks and under my jawline. Super super deep cystic pimples that are just coming in clusters that just make my whole cheek feel rock hard. It is SO painful. I went to the doctor and they put me on clindamycin and I'm about to finish the antibiotics up but I still have so many cystic pimples that are just hurting and embarrassing. What would my next step be?? All I'm using is a cervae cleanser and cetaphil moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 06/18/2015 6:09 am

Male or female?...if female you can try Spiro

Of course the big gun is Accutane, and for cystic acne it really should be considered- works for most very well- it is the miracle drug....for me unfortunately I was in the 1% and it didn't work

My cystic acne was also jawline- horrible....I did a modified elimination diet and found that gluten and dairy were big triggers for me....I eat very well now, only whole foods, nothing processed, minimal sugar (can't give that one up).

When the cysts wouldn't budge I got the kenalog injections, find a good injector or they can leave scars....

Tell us more about what else you've tried and how long you've suffered

MemberMember
(@eh1996)

Posted : 06/18/2015 2:17 pm

Male or female?...if female you can try Spiro

Of course the big gun is Accutane, and for cystic acne it really should be considered- works for most very well- it is the miracle drug....for me unfortunately I was in the 1% and it didn't work

My cystic acne was also jawline- horrible....I did a modified elimination diet and found that gluten and dairy were big triggers for me....I eat very well now, only whole foods, nothing processed, minimal sugar (can't give that one up).

When the cysts wouldn't budge I got the kenalog injections, find a good injector or they can leave scars....

Tell us more about what else you've tried and how long you've suffered

Female! I've had acne since I was 13 and I'm almost 19. I've gone gluten free for a year because it causes a huge rash and dermatitis on my face. My dermatologist recommended I tried eating gluten again to see how my body reacted and my dermatitis and cystic acne has come back even worse than before. I'm back to gluten free but my cystic acne is just raging. She prescribed aczone which worked okay as just a topical to dry out pimples but it hasn't stopped new ones from forming. Same with the antibiotic I'm on. I'm nervous about accutane because I've read all the nasty side effects it can have but I guess I may not have any other choices :/

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 06/18/2015 3:38 pm

mine went away after i stopped eating citrus

MemberMember
(@ladypink)

Posted : 06/21/2015 7:26 am

I also get the cystic acne on my checks and jawline. I had found out that I have a lactose intolerance so it caused me to break out even more. I'm also on YAZ birth control because I have hormonal issues.

I am almost 100% clear ! My doctor has prescribed a retin-A cream for spot treatment and it's good for the hyperpigmentation and other skin imperfections.

I moisturize my face with pure Aloe Vera gel and I always use unscented products to avoid skin irritation.