White Pus Zits Arou...

Notifications
Clear all

White Pus Zits Around Mouth And Chin! - Help! Help!

MemberMember
(@eevs)

Posted : 09/27/2023 6:17 am

I HAVE INTERESTING NEWS!

I was in sunny Rome for 1 week and in this week I ate what I wanted. I ate lots of ice cream, which I haven't for at least 4 years now, lots of Pizza and Pasta, Ricotta cheese, drank milk in the morning, had local fruit, alcohol and had a huge caloric surplus everyday. Basically I did everything dietwise that I would have never done because usually pustules would certainly form. Now guess what, I did not get pustules and haven't gotten new ones until 3 weeks AFTER the week in Rome. My skin had a nice tan and was well moisturized on its own without the need to exfoliate, which I usually have to do since the mouth area becomes dirty and flakey.

Important details:

- the italian sun was way stronger than the german sun and I was in the sun A LOT. I also intentionally held my face in the sun a lot to improve my skin and kill infection causing bacteria.

- I was swimming 2 times in the ocean and left the sea water for 12 hours on my face before washing it off.

- I was only washing my face with cool tap water once in the morning and once in the evening, when the skin was super oily after a long day I used Aleppo soap on my face which cleaned it very well without damaging it.

- I was walking everyday almost the whole day

This experience leads me to the following conclusions:

- the more protected and healthy (and not stripped) your skin, the less chances for pustules to form, meaning you have to keep your skin barrier intact by avoiding any harsh treatment. Water only once (before bed) or twice (morning and before bed) a day with super gentle hand motions is the best thing you can do. The skin may look and feel like it needs exfoliation at first but this will resolve on its own. Skin will be well moisturized and smooth, washing with water after a long day will feel like gliding over white marble.

- the sun inhibits pustule and acne formation and also prevents skin flaking/ excessive skin cell production.

- salt is amazing for all kinds of acne, bacteria will have no thriving ground.

- diet was never a cure, only a temporal treatment for times where your skin is messed up, you don't have to pay attention to your diet IF your skin is healthy, intact and not excessively oily which is achieved with the super easy skin routine, sunshine and salt

- regular eating might be beneficial, as I ate whenever I wanted and not, as I usually do, only 2- 3 times a day. Fasting doesn't help this condition. It may be about stability.

This week I had a pustule breakout with 4 pustules appearing over my lip and I believe it was caused by doing too much to my skin again + eating fruit and milk which opened the doors for bacteria to infect the follicles (again, the fruit and milk only caused pustules because my skin was like an open wound (metaphorically) after exfoliating it). Additionally the smooth nature of my skin disappeared, yesterday it felt like dry sandpaper when washing. I know this will resolve on its own when I let my skin heal back and only wash with water in the evening not caring about any clogged stuff.

What I'll do:

-eat what I want once the skin feels good (well protected) again

-keep on with the only water and sometimes aleppo soap regimen

-NO exfoliating and/or rubbing

-not fast, just eat when hungry

-use the sun when it is there

-report back to you in a month 🙂

23220 liked
MemberMember
(@23220)

Posted : 10/03/2023 9:54 am

Update for me: I went to the derm last week (long time coming) and got a prescription for oral doxy. I'm happy to finally have something! Hopefully it works after a few weeks of use.

MemberMember
(@fxckfolly)

Posted : 10/07/2023 5:34 am

@eevs the exact happens to me when im away, i always go by the sea so assumed it was that but maybe also the climate/ environment...when im on holiday my skin changes - no dead skin buildup and no pustules

like germany i live in a damp wet cold climate with little sun, what makes it even worse is my apartment has high humidity

those conditions bacteria/ fungus thrive in

anyway for now i am using a wash off BP treatment, its 5% but i wash it off after 2 mins...so far working very well and most of all 0 sides from the BP which i normally cannot tolerate

MemberMember
(@maplednkk)

Posted : 10/10/2023 6:30 pm

Just here to say I struggle from this. I had perioral dermatitis, which I was given doxycycline for. Afterwards, this happened. Cultures etc don't show anything like gram-negative and I've done many. I'm really struggling here and my thoughts are not good.

MemberMember
(@eevs)

Posted : 10/16/2023 8:05 am

Posted by: @Maplednkk

Just here to say I struggle from this. I had perioral dermatitis, which I was given doxycycline for. Afterwards, this happened. Cultures etc don't show anything like gram-negative and I've done many. I'm really struggling here and my thoughts are not good.

Hey! First of all let me change your thoughts. This "illness" is nothing but a shift in normal bacterial flora which results in the wrong bacteria thriving in the pores around the mouth and the chin, which are oily areas prone to infection. Its only that. It is fixable. Look forward to how clear you skin will be after following my recommendations.

My recommendation for you:

1. for two weeks straight 0 dietary sugar in all of its forms and only low glycemic carbs like whole grains. What this does is resolve the current infection.

2. Quit all exfoliation for 1 month, afterwards you can, if you really want to and need it, exfoliate once a week, no more!

3. Wash your face in the morning with cool water and gentle hand movements only to get rid of excess oiliness that built up overnight without irritating or stripping the skin.

In the evening wash your face gently with lukewarm water and Aleppo soap (30% laurel berry oil, 70% olive oil). This will completely get rid of oiliness and you go to bed with a dry and clean face that allows no ground for infection.

Please follow this carefully! If your skin has dry spots you can moisturize them with some natural non irritating moisturizer, but only use a little.

Good luck, all the best!!!!

MemberMember
(@maplednkk)

Posted : 10/16/2023 9:44 am

Posted by: @Eevs
Posted by: @Maplednkk

Hey! First of all let me change your thoughts. This "illness" is nothing but a shift in normal bacterial flora which results in the wrong bacteria thriving in the pores around the mouth and the chin, which are oily areas prone to infection. Its only that. It is fixable. Look forward to how clear you skin will be after following my recommendations.

My recommendation for you:

1. for two weeks straight 0 dietary sugar in all of its forms and only low glycemic carbs like whole grains. What this does is resolve the current infection.

2. Quit all exfoliation for 1 month, afterwards you can, if you really want to and need it, exfoliate once a week, no more!

3. Wash your face in the morning with cool water and gentle hand movements only to get rid of excess oiliness that built up overnight without irritating or stripping the skin.

In the evening wash your face gently with lukewarm water and Aleppo soap (30% laurel berry oil, 70% olive oil). This will completely get rid of oiliness and you go to bed with a dry and clean face that allows no ground for infection.

Please follow this carefully! If your skin has dry spots you can moisturize them with some natural non irritating moisturizer, but only use a little.

Good luck, all the best!!!!

Hey there

Thanks for the suggestions. I was more just venting. I already follow a strict low carb Keto diet that helps, and haven't cheated on it in 3 months. This goes back even farther where I did various other elimination diets.

I also use sulfur soap, then an hour later use delacruz sulfur mask as well as a q-tip soaked in hypochlorous acid and rub it inside my nose, as I have have inflamed tiny white bumps inside it. I'm also thinking of adding tea tree wipes to my routine.

These things seem to be helping, so hopefully I'm on the right track.

What keeps me motivated is that the day resolved, I'm celebrating by taking a vacation somewhere nice. I just don't want to go right now because I wouldn't be able to enjoy the cuisines over there, as carbs flare me like crazy and I need to figure this out first.

MemberMember
(@eevs)

Posted : 11/03/2023 4:54 am

UPDATE:

I'm clear, my skin is beautiful, hydrated, not overly oily and pustule free for 4 weeks now.

I take 0 medication and use no creams or topicals or cleansers whatsoever besides a natural sulfur cream when I have flakey/non exfoliated spots from time to time.

I don't actively exfoliate anymore. All I do is cold water in the morning and lukewarm then cold water before bed. I wash with water and my hands only.

MemberMember
(@niklas)

Posted : 11/06/2023 10:17 am

Hello everyone!
This looks like my problem... I get them mostly around mouth/next to the nose. Sometimes on the chin/next to the ear
I've noticed that i usually flare the same day/next day after eating sugar and carbs.
Sure i can cut the sugar, but cutting carbs is probably not so good for me because im already underweight..

I just joined, so i have a few pages to read.. I'll come back to you!

MemberMember
(@kutkut1997)

Posted : 11/08/2023 7:11 pm

UPDATE:

I'm clear, my skin is beautiful, hydrated, not overly oily and pustule free for 4 weeks now.

I take 0 medication and use no creams or topicals or cleansers whatsoever besides a natural sulfur cream when I have flakey/non exfoliated spots from time to time.

I don't actively exfoliate anymore. All I do is cold water in the morning and lukewarm then cold water before bed. I wash with water and my hands only.

Which natural sulfur cream are you using? I've been searching for it but couldn't find any.

MemberMember
(@eevs)

Posted : 11/09/2023 1:17 am

Posted by: @kutkut1997

UPDATE:

Which natural sulfur cream are you using? I've been searching for it but couldn't find any.

"Schwefelsalbe" from "Steffi's Hexenkuche"

German website

MemberMember
(@niklas)

Posted : 11/10/2023 10:25 am

It takes alot longer time then i thought to read this thread. Did anyone try benzoyl peroxide 10% overnight or short contact therapy?
Did it help?

MemberMember
(@scorpy)

Posted : 11/17/2023 11:00 pm

Posted by: @Scorpy

I'm still clear since my last post, just doing the same routine with benzaclin PM, 10% azelaic acid AM. I haven't had a pustule in months, and I can also eat whatever I want (sugar, etc...) without any impact on my skin.

I think I'm going to try to transitioning to just BP from the benzaclin when I run out... hoping maybe now that my skin has had a chance to heal (months without pustules) it can be enough to keep it from recurring

Update: I've been using just regular BP 2.5% (pm) and azelaic acid 10% (am) for 2 months and still clear!

MemberMember
(@benbenzer)

Posted : 11/20/2023 8:55 am

I'm still clear since my last post, just doing the same routine with benzaclin PM, 10% azelaic acid AM. I haven't had a pustule in months, and I can also eat whatever I want (sugar, etc...) without any impact on my skin.

I think I'm going to try to transitioning to just BP from the benzaclin when I run out... hoping maybe now that my skin has had a chance to heal (months without pustules) it can be enough to keep it from recurring

Update: I've been using just regular BP 2.5% (pm) and azelaic acid 10% (am) for 2 months and still clear!

Congrats! Super interesting. So did you do the low dose doxy for 1-2 months and then continued with the topical approach you described?

Did you feel any differences when coming off the doxy?

MemberMember
(@markfokst)

Posted : 11/22/2023 9:23 am

The causative factor for the formation of pimples around the mouth can be adult acne, with hormonal as well as hereditary causes. Excessive sebum secretion and folliculitis, caused by improper hair removal, are also substrates for the formation of pimples around the mouth. I would also consider changing cosmetics or shaving methods.

This post was modified 5 months ago 2 times by Markfokst
MemberMember
(@kutkut1997)

Posted : 11/24/2023 11:39 am

Nice. BP (acne.org version) gave me hyperpigmentation and flakey dry skin, so I had to stop using it.

MemberMember
(@scorpy)

Posted : 11/28/2023 5:27 pm

Posted by: @Benbenzer

Congrats! Super interesting. So did you do the low dose doxy for 1-2 months and then continued with the topical approach you described?

Did you feel any differences when coming off the doxy?

It was 50mg doxy once daily for 8 weeks, and benzaclin gel once daily. I also continued using 10% azelaic acid in the mornings.

The pustules disappeared within a week and never came back. The benzaclin refills lasted for a few months (so I was still using the benzaclin for a few months after the doxy course ended), and then I switched to regular 2.5% BP at the beginning of October.

This post was modified 5 months ago by Scorpy
MemberMember
(@scorpy)

Posted : 11/28/2023 5:30 pm

Nice. BP (acne.org version) gave me hyperpigmentation and flakey dry skin, so I had to stop using it.

I've never tried the acne.org BP, but I can say that the malezia BP is by far the least irritating BP product I've tried

MemberMember
(@kutkut1997)

Posted : 11/28/2023 6:14 pm

I've never tried the acne.org BP, but I can say that the malezia BP is by far the least irritating BP product I've tried

I see. You might already know, but in case you have irritation using BP, you could try contact-therapy (washing it off after 5-15m), which provides comparable result, as some studies suggest.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8922035/

Minimum Contact Time of 1.25%, 2.5%, 5%, and 10% Benzoyl Peroxide for a Bactericidal Effect Against Cutibacterium acnes

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8922035/

I was prescribed lymecycline. I was a bit hesistant, but I think I'm just gonna try it. I'm currently using Finacea (am) and BP (pm) (contact therapy) as well for a few days.

MemberMember
(@scorpy)

Posted : 12/15/2023 10:51 am

another update... it appears that the pustules are back, got one earlier this week, followed by a new one the day after :/

it's insane, my skin was looking and feeling great, and then it's like a switch flipped and I woke up one morning back at square one...

MemberMember
(@benbenzer)

Posted : 12/19/2023 11:18 am

Hi Scorpy,

That is sad to hear whilst it seemed so promising..

how are you now? For myself, I am kinda okay applying hypochlorous acid spray (brand called Prontomed Skin Balance) on my face twice daily. The gentamicin I applied stopped working though the identified species of bacteria was highly sensitive to it pursuant to various studies.

Next thing I am trying to look into is injecting microbotox into my face as there are promising studies for cures of folliculitis decalvans. I do not have it on my scalp, but I assume this should be working in the perinasal area too

MemberMember
(@fxckfolly)

Posted : 12/20/2023 7:08 am

@scorpy from my experience there is always a rebound after oral antibiotics and thats is why i refuse to use them anymore

though BP can cause purging as it also decongests the skin, those breakouts look different to the normal pustules (sometimes worse as the deeply clogged pore is finally released).

I dont get any of those random pustules which appear and go after 1 day anymore but i have had a few deeper almost nodular like pimples which take about a week to go away and result in a clear pore afterwards. I can only think its a result of decongestion as ive never had them before in my life.

My theory (my hope) is that once my skin is completely decongested that i will no longer be suscpetable to any acne types anymore and wont have to be so rigorous about my routine. I think these pustules only appear in areas with congestion and bacteria getting trapped under dead skin/ oil. Its also been insanely wet and humid the past few weeks, my apartment 80-90% humidity and that definately increases chances of acne as there is bacteria in the air.

BTW i have cleared my scalp with topical raw honey and herb (i use sage from the garden), i have not tried it on my face as im sticking with BP for now but i tried so many things for my scalp which didnt work but this has been working really well.

MemberMember
(@scorpy)

Posted : 12/20/2023 5:10 pm

Hi Scorpy,

That is sad to hear whilst it seemed so promising..

how are you now? For myself, I am kinda okay applying hypochlorous acid spray (brand called Prontomed Skin Balance) on my face twice daily. The gentamicin I applied stopped working though the identified species of bacteria was highly sensitive to it pursuant to various studies.

Next thing I am trying to look into is injecting microbotox into my face as there are promising studies for cures of folliculitis decalvans. I do not have it on my scalp, but I assume this should be working in the perinasal area too

I upped the BP to twice a day and things seem to be getting better, I've been clear for the last few days.

So not as bad as it was at least, in the past I could never go more than 1 day without new ones appearing

EDIT 1/16/24, 2x a day BP still seems to have things under control

This post was modified 3 months ago by Scorpy
MemberMember
(@benbenzer)

Posted : 01/03/2024 12:39 pm

Hi guys

just an update from my end.

After christmas time I had the worst outbreak in while which had me go see a derm. He took another culture and suggested we may eventually treat this with accutane as this should be cured afterwards. I need some time to think about and have been put on low dose doxy (40mg a day) for 8 weeks. I will see how that goes but if nothing works, I will do accutane. I heard from some people that they permanently cured their gram negative folliculitis with this. Anyway, just wanted to check in. Hope you guys are doing better than me!

MemberMember
(@mirinal)

Posted : 01/13/2024 6:55 am

Hi guys

just an update from my end.

After christmas time I had the worst outbreak in while which had me go see a derm. He took another culture and suggested we may eventually treat this with accutane as this should be cured afterwards. I need some time to think about and have been put on low dose doxy (40mg a day) for 8 weeks. I will see how that goes but if nothing works, I will do accutane. I heard from some people that they permanently cured their gram negative folliculitis with this. Anyway, just wanted to check in. Hope you guys are doing better than me!

Hi Benbenzer. 40 mg doxy is of course a small dosage, but nevertheless it should be taken orally.

Tell why the doctor didn't recommend you to use doxycycline gel topically?

Why the pills? Accutane, it's effective, but in medium to high doses. The side effects are very serious. I've been through it.

MemberMember
(@exquisitehunt)

Posted : 02/18/2024 6:37 am

Hi guys,

It is been awhile but here is an update.

My skin looks good now. I get pimples only if I eat pork, too much fast food or anything that contains sugar. So avoiding these foods keeps me pustule-free.

One important change that I have made in last 6 months was to wash my sink (preferably with something that has chlorine in it) each 2 days, keep other surfaces clean at least once a week and wash hands 20s each time.

This was a total game changer. Effect was gradual and with time things improved even more.

Logic behind it is that because it is germ related disease so less germs you have in places where you touch your face less breakouts you will have.

Either way you need to look at your diet as this is still the biggest trigger. For me it is: fatty foods (especially containing saturated fat), everything sugar (even fruits), alcohol (I occasionally drink only dry wine).

I also use benzoyl peroxide twice a day (I have been doing it for last 10 years).

Now I feel that I have control over this disease that makes my life much easier.

Hope this helps.

This post was modified 2 months ago by ExquisiteHunt