Notifications
Clear all

Differin Regime

MemberMember
(@clawrenc)

Posted : 04/17/2014 6:09 pm

I am currently prescribes .3% Differin Gel. I have been on it for 6 weeks now and am still purging badly. Currently I am washing with CeraVe Foaming Cleanser, Neostrata Claryfying Gel and using Olay Regenerist with spf 15 in the mornings. At night, I am washing with Cerave, waiting 20 mins applying the Differin and waiting another 30 mins to apply all natural organic Grape Seed Oil which I leave overnight. My derm was quick to get me in and out and doesnt answer a lot of my questions. I was just wondering is this regime proper for the treatment and is it okay to use the grape seed oil as a moisturizer at night?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/26/2014 12:06 am

Same thing for me with differin. Been using the gel for at least 2 months now, and it keeps getting worse. I don't know what to do. I'm not sure if its just an initial outbreak and will get better in time, or if my skin just doesn't agree with it. Ugh I'm so fed up.. I wish i had more answers.. :( good luck to you! Keep updates, I'd love to see if it gets better for you

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 05/05/2014 4:34 am

Same thing for me with differin. Been using the gel for at least 2 months now, and it keeps getting worse. I don't know what to do. I'm not sure if its just an initial outbreak and will get better in time, or if my skin just doesn't agree with it. Ugh I'm so fed up.. I wish i had more answers.. good luck to you! Keep updates, I'd love to see if it gets better for you

Same here. Differin never really helped. Has a derm already tested your skin to identify the bacteria?

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 06/09/2014 2:45 pm

differin screwed up my skin... broke me out all the time, worst mistake for me. I have one spot on my cheek i popped thinking it would heal as normal.. weeks later it is still a small red mark.

i used 0.1 gel for 8 weeks and that was long enough..

i'd advise against differin, although i had read great things about it, which is what caused me to try it at least. i think accutane is the only way to go.

good luck, let me know how you get on.