Dry Skin But Red Sp...

Notifications
Clear all

Dry Skin But Red Spots?

MemberMember
(@katey30)

Posted : 07/11/2013 3:08 am

I used to suffer from acne as a teen. It was the classic oily skin and big red spots type, never got blackheads.

It went away and now my skin is bad again.

I am 30 years old and have normal/dry skin. In the areas where it is dry I have red patches and huge red spots a few on my forehead (with no redness) but the majority is my cheeks on my face literally covered with red dry patches around it. I don't think its rosacea as I don't have any of the other symptoms like flushing, affected by hot foods or temperatures.

The area where the spots are is itchy not sure if that's the dry skin or something else. As a teen I would use products for acne/oily skin to clear it up. Now as an adult I have no idea what to use as sensitive skin products don't usually treat acne and acne products are for oily skin but mine is dry/sensitive with red patches help! I do have a oily nose but that's completely clear. Its my dry red cheeks which are covered and so itchy!

Does anyone know what this acne is? I am on the pill but it doesn't make a difference, helps my painful periods but has done nothing for my skin. I have had a few glycolic peels and dermalux treatments in a clinic but it has made no difference. I have been using the pink range of murad as that is for combination skin but it doesn't seem to work. I have benzoyl peroxide tube but am terrified to use it as my skin is so inflamed anyway.

Hopefully everyone is still awake after my rant but I am at my wits end at what to use, even what to clean my face with as I am scared of either making my dry, red itchy patches worse or making even more spots. And I have never had this many in my life.

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 07/11/2013 5:22 am

Firstly you should put a photo up in order to get a better response. However i recommend you go and see a dermatologist. It could be an allergic reaction to a product you are using or serb dermatitis. Keep you skin regime simple, don't use harsh products, and be extremely gentle with your skin. Hope this helps