Notifications
Clear all

Make-Up?

MemberMember
(@just-want-to-be-free)

Posted : 10/03/2012 10:09 am

Have any guys out there tried to cover up the redness with bare minerals or something? I know it is kinda taboo, but if i could effectively cover this stuff up I would feel a lot better about having it. Any girls out there I would like to also know your input.

MemberMember
(@elm74hotmail-com)

Posted : 10/03/2012 10:22 am

I have known blokes to use foundation. Certainly an ex of mine did. Most have been goth-types though so more acceptable in those circles. I guess if you could keep it subtle you might get away with it without people noticing.

MemberMember
(@mammasay)

Posted : 10/03/2012 11:07 am

I'm sure some people would judge but I don't see anything wrong with it and have known guys who did it. Bare Minerals has always broken me out though. I like Everyday Minerals better. If redness is your only problem you could also try a green tinted moisturizer. If you're not comfortable with the makeup, what about growing a beard? I find myself wishing I was a guy sometimes because all of my acne would be hidden under a beard if I could grow one! Plus, beards are cool. :)

MemberMember
(@elm74hotmail-com)

Posted : 10/03/2012 11:17 am

I reckon I could grow a beard, what with my dodgy hormones! Would only give people something extra to stare at though! blink.png

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/03/2012 1:37 pm

Everyday Minerals > Bare Minerals.

I feel like EDM is pretty transparent

MemberMember
(@kendel)

Posted : 10/11/2012 7:15 pm

try smashbox halo loose powder!

MemberMember
(@chelslaw)

Posted : 10/11/2012 11:29 pm

or you could use a tinted moisturizer

MemberMember
(@foxlove)

Posted : 10/19/2012 8:31 pm

I agree with the others, Everyday Minerals is much better than Bare Minerals. I found i break out with BM and it leaves my skin oily.

EM is the only base makeup I will trust on my skin and have been using it for years. The Mutitasking Concealer is my fav product in the entire world. It provides heavier coverage for those spots you want to cover up. They also have a mint color corrector which is great for evening out redness. So first you would put on some of the mint corrector, then your concealer should you need it, then a "base" which is your finishing all-over foundation. Honestly I normally just skip the all-over base and just cover up any spots with the multitasking concealer because it works so well and leaves the rest of my skin free.That would probably be a good option for you :) I say try it! It definitely boosts your confidence when you know that your spots aren't on a full out display. Hope that helped :)

MemberMember
(@billz7)

Posted : 10/20/2012 4:25 am

Mineral powders are too dry for me as I'm on accutane , anyone recommend a great cream or liquid base that's not got bad chemicals ?

MemberMember
(@chelslaw)

Posted : 10/20/2012 7:43 pm

marcelle tinted moisturizer is great

cover fx makes a nice one too

so does mac

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 10/20/2012 8:28 pm

Mineral powders are too dry for me as I'm on accutane , anyone recommend a great cream or liquid base that's not got bad chemicals ?

I used to hate really thin foundations but I find L'Oreal's True Match line (THE CONCEALER IS THE BOMB) works really well to hide any imperfections, looks natural, and doesn't break you out. Not super long lasting and I usually mix it with Almay's Clear Complexion foundation for a little more coverage and stay. It lasts a good 6 to 8 hours and that's all it really needs to do in my opinion. I don't like to wear makeup for too long. :P

I would recommend it to anyone and everyone in all honesty. It's cheap anyways even if you don't like it. And it won't cause skin problems so why the hell not?

MemberMember
(@hunyeo)

Posted : 10/28/2012 2:44 am

Have you tried makeup forever? Its nice on covering up

MemberMember
(@mdp703)

Posted : 10/29/2012 8:00 am

I strongly recommend GLO minerals. My dermatologist recommended these products to me and they are great for covering redness and other imperfections. Also supposed to be great for the skin.

MemberMember
(@elm74hotmail-com)

Posted : 10/30/2012 12:22 pm

I've just started using Bohemian Chic Minerals after discovering that Clinique (which I was previously using) test on animals. Bohemian Chic products are vegan, not tested on animals and pure (no nasty chemicals) developed by a lady who has very sensitive skin. You can build up the coverage as much as you like - I no longer need to use concealer on my breakouts as the powder covers them well.

MemberMember
(@abigailwheeler)

Posted : 10/30/2012 1:15 pm

I used Clinique Acne Solutions Foundation. It contains 0.5% salicylic acid which fights against acne. It never broke me out.

If your skin is dry from treatments I probably wouldn't recommend it as it is designed for oily skin types and is slightly drying.

Also I'd probably recommend getting an exact colour match and spot covering then blending well rather than all over covering as it certainly looks like make up on your skin.

In the interest of reducing redness, lemon juice is great.

More info including photos RE the foundation on my blog: http://abigirlsdressingtable.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/clinique-anti-blemish-acne-solutions.html