I found my ACNE CUR...

Notifications
Clear all

I found my ACNE CURE!!!!

MemberMember
(@kino)

Posted : 04/06/2011 12:44 pm

Letting you guys know that I will be starting this regimen tomorrow. I had already suspected my internals being unhealthy because of past antibiotics and not enough BM per day as someone who eats a crap ton of protein and carbs. As an adult who's been suffering for over 12 years, I can no longer blame it on genetics or hormones. I've always taken an external approach with topicals and cleansers but after thousands of dollars wasted, this regimen seems only logical.

I am 99% clear with a BP regimen but I'm getting tired of putting this crap on my face. I will incorporate a probiotic/fiber regimen while continuing BP and week by week I will slowly let off the BP usage to gauge progress. I will try to update everyone as much as I can. :)

Yes BP is bad for you, and the moistorisers are ickcckckcky! good idea though man.

only reason i repied is

As an adult who's been suffering for over 12 years, I can no longer blame it on genetics or hormones

things are always more complicated than they seem, genetics is DEFINATLEY a factor, me my bro and my dad have/have had the same acne and people with horribly diets and lifestyles with 0 acne prove suggest geneticss are involved also

man, genetics are involved in everything, pretty much!

but ye i dont know the evidence for hormones exept that acne occurs only after puberty as far as i am aware

A|NYWAY, this sounds great in theory and i think i will be one of those who try this out! ive seeen an improvement in my face after starting supplements, buying a few more wont hurt ;)

EVERYONE TRY THIS! EVEN IF IT DOESNT WORK YOU WILL STILL BE HEALTHIER! THE GUY WHO DISCOVERED IT HAS NO MOTIVE OTHER THAN ALTRUISM FOR SHARING THIS WITH US, HE DOES NOT MAKE MONEY FROM IT (yes i believe dan kern is a pretty bad guy for creating a BP (harsh shit) regimen, but he does more than make up for it with this forum!

MemberMember
(@kino)

Posted : 04/06/2011 1:06 pm

i had recently suspected exercises help to prevent acne too. this worse period of acne break out i have only came when i stopped working out for a month, previously i wouldnt say it was good but it wasnt RIDICULOUS. my derm said there isnt any correlation, but im not buying it. didnt they said fried food dont cause acne? bullocks! i am starting to work out again, hopefully all these muthafarkers can go away soon, they are really affecting my lifestyle. damn suckers...i would pay $100 for 1 zit to be zap off for good god willing.

breaking any routine is a shock to your system and will be detrimental in one way or another.

MemberMember
(@ilynx)

Posted : 04/06/2011 4:14 pm

Just like to chip in and be another person trying this regimen. I've been on antibiotics (tetra and mino) when I was about 15 I think for over a year and my digestion has not been the same. Although I don't think it will kill candida (not 100% sure I have it, will be getting it checked soon) it should help digestion and acne would be an added bonus.

Currently I have been taking:

2x1000mg fish oil since saturday

2x3g of fibre since monday

2x probiotic supplements since tuesday

I know if I cut dairy, refined sugars and limit sexual activities I am quite clear and can control acne- just not for long periods of time. I will limit all these things as well and reintroduce at a later stage.

So far, I only have red marks from last week when I had a big breakout, and spots that looked big on sat have gone small and become tiny whiteheads. I'll update in a week or so ;)

MemberMember
(@unusualchair)

Posted : 04/06/2011 6:51 pm

Seeings as I'm a teenager and I've seen so many people swear by things that have had no effect on my acne, I just kind of skimmed what you wrote. Basically, were you saying to up the fiber?

MemberMember
(@lookin4thecure)

Posted : 04/06/2011 8:41 pm

Great post BigPhil205! I'm new on the forum but I've been on Dan's Regimen for over a year now. Like most people on here, I've spent hundreds of dollars on products for over 15 years. I've recently become a health nut and I workout on avg. 6 days a week. After reading your post and doing some side research I'm convinced this could be my solution. I have purchased the fiber, zinc, probiotics, and fish oil and I'm ready to begin this regimen in the next few days.

I mainly work out first thing when I wake up in the morning. BigPhil, would you have any suggestions on when to take the probiotics and fiber while mixing in a pre-workout, post-workout, and protein? The probiotic says to take on an empty stomach. I'm also beginning to take a protein shake before bed. Any suggestions?

MemberMember
(@chensg)

Posted : 04/06/2011 10:22 pm

i had recently suspected exercises help to prevent acne too. this worse period of acne break out i have only came when i stopped working out for a month, previously i wouldnt say it was good but it wasnt RIDICULOUS. my derm said there isnt any correlation, but im not buying it. didnt they said fried food dont cause acne? bullocks! i am starting to work out again, hopefully all these muthafarkers can go away soon, they are really affecting my lifestyle. damn suckers...i would pay $100 for 1 zit to be zap off for good god willing.

breaking any routine is a shock to your system and will be detrimental in one way or another.

couldnt agree more. most of my acne came about when my lifestyle suddenly takes a u turn. or so i noticed.

MemberMember
(@henryhg)

Posted : 04/07/2011 9:40 pm

I am following this regime as well.. I had it with antibiotics.. my skin will get better while on them, but after I am done the acne will come back with a vengeance

Right now my regime is:

- probiotic at morning and late at night

- zinc 30mg with dinner (should I up this to 60 mg? ie two capsules)

- Spirulina (fiber) once or twice a day

I am also really watching my diet: no more/less oily chili (I am asian and LOVE chili), no/less fried foods, more veggies and fruits

Lets hope this improves my skin. Will keep u guys updated

MemberMember
(@bryantmkiv)

Posted : 04/08/2011 12:25 am

Does sound promising ... im a head out to vitaminshoppe tomorrow and buy the products... i was scared protein shakes caused acne for a while lol

MemberMember
(@kart10)

Posted : 04/08/2011 8:56 am

After taking 8 months of anti-biotics, I have developed a consistent oral thrush and my acne is worse than ever and does not seem to correlate a lot with my diet except with sugar (processed flours, etc.)

I am getting my set of probiotics and tomorrow and will keep it posted.

MemberMember
(@bryantmkiv)

Posted : 04/08/2011 4:27 pm

After taking 8 months of anti-biotics, I have developed a consistent oral thrush and my acne is worse than ever and does not seem to correlate a lot with my diet except with sugar (processed flours, etc.)

I am getting my set of probiotics and tomorrow and will keep it posted.

yea man same here i stopped like 2 years ago takin antibiotics... makes the bacteria immune to it and comes back worse... im buyin probiotic and fiber today... will post up my results

MemberMember
(@justwater)

Posted : 04/08/2011 8:00 pm

I plan on starting this regimen tomorrow. Should I take a probiotic with multiple strains, or would a quality acidophilus supplement be good? Also, I plan on taking a digestive enzyme, when should I take the digestive enzyme? It says with a meal...should I take it right before I start eating, while eating, or right after?

MemberMember
(@kart10)

Posted : 04/09/2011 5:19 pm

I have received my

Fiber with Omega 3 and

the Probiotics

along with Zinc Glucotate 50mg

today.

I have had about 8 breakouts this past week. I will keep it posted.

MemberMember
(@chunkylard)

Posted : 04/11/2011 9:04 pm

Just because something might not break you out doesn't mean it's good for you or your skin.

MemberMember
(@smt12483)

Posted : 04/12/2011 8:34 pm

I'm a bit confused on what kind of probiotic supplement I should get. This is the website I get all my vitamins from, is what I should get on there or do I need to use a different resource?

http://www.puritan.com/probiotic-672

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@lun3ydav3)

Posted : 04/13/2011 7:36 pm

Great post! This is something I've been scouring the Internet for. A true honest and down to earth testimonial for this type of treatment. I'm almost 29 years old and like you said, I'm tired of having skin like a hormone enraged teenager. I've been dealing with skin issues for well over 10 years and haven't found something that just completely eliminates skin problems.I've been recently reading about a holistic approach to skin problems and related articles about Candida.

This post hits the nail on the head in relation to what I've been reading and experiencing. My journey into this method started from looking up products to help dandruff (aside from facial issues). I've used ALL dandruff products to no prevail. Long story short, I found a post in a different forum thread that said to try Nizoral on both hair and face. I tried it and it worked really well for the dandruff and sorta for the face. Nizoral is antifungal, so I continued my research on fungus, yeast and skin problems. This brought me to Candida and digestive issues resulting in skin problems.

I did the "spit test" for Candida and flat out failed it. I spit and pissed on Ph strips and showed my body was too acidic. All this surrounds diet and digestion. So I started a Candida diet (no breads, carbs, sugar, vinegar, anything that can feed the yeast overgrowth). I also started a Probiotic (Garden of Life Primal Defense Ultra Ultimate Probiotics Formula, 90 VCaps). These are supposed to be good as well. I also been taking supplements: Men's 1 a day, zinc, C, Fish Oil. I'll now have to get the fiber and b complex! I've noticed if I skip the supplements just for one day I can notice it in my skin. I'm going to continue my diet, try to drink more water and incorporate the things that are missing in my current regimen compared to this one. Wishing for the best, thanks and good luck to all who try this!

MemberMember
(@henryhg)

Posted : 04/13/2011 9:42 pm

I am about a week into this regime.

What I did was just eat probiotic three times a day on an empty stomach, then eat zinc supplements (60mg) after dinner. I also eat fresh alove vera for fiber, sometimes interchanged with spirulina supplements.

I think my skin is much better. It is no longer inflamed, and the white pus is starting to come out and the acne is drying out.

I no longer eat antibiotics (was on doxycline, then tetracycline before it).

By the way the candida spit test is a hoax. Almost everyone fails it. You can do a youtube search on it.

MemberMember
(@lun3ydav3)

Posted : 04/14/2011 12:06 am

By the way the candida spit test is a hoax. Almost everyone fails it. You can do a youtube search on it.

Well it can't technically be ruled out as a hoax. In one of the videos I watched that tried to explain it was a fake, the "doctor" mentioned the spit test can indicate a fungus infection if the spit forms legs hanging down in the water. Candida overgrowth can lead to a fungus infection called Candidiasis. I had my wife and my friend do the test as well and theirs floated perfectly. They are both healthy. Mine had the legs and sunk to the bottom of the glass almost immediately. I know it'a not the best experiment to know for sure but was still interesting being that I have skin issues and they don't.

Conclusion:

Poor diet + history of antibiotics + lack of exercise + genetics = digestive issues that can lead to skin problems.

Think about it. If your body can't get rid of all the waste and toxins through normal extraction methods, where else can they go besides out through the skin? Seems logical to me, but I'm no doctor.

MemberMember
(@lun3ydav3)

Posted : 04/14/2011 12:45 am

Interesting article related to this topic:

Digestion and Your Skin

I think this idea was mentioned by Dr. Atkins as well:

http://www.style.com/beauty/beautycounter/...t-on-your-skin/

MemberMember
(@rockingredhead)

Posted : 04/14/2011 12:53 am

are the non-refrigerated probiotics ok? does it matter what strain I get? They sell acidophilius or whatever at the local grocery store but I have to drive 40 minutes to the all natural grocery store where they have a big selection of refridgerated probios, but thats a lot of hassle.

MemberMember
(@philiptoshiba)

Posted : 04/14/2011 12:55 pm

I have been lurking on this sight for 2 months now and read some very informative topics on how to achieve clear skin. I am 38 and have been having struggling with acne since 14.

I have tried nearly everything with the exception of prescribed medicine for acne. After reading everything on this site, I realized that I have been doing everything wrong to help clear up my skin.

After I read BigPhil's post, I purchased Zinc, Probiotics, BComplex from the Local Chain Drug Store(CVS). I started to take the pills daily. I also stopped using Dans Regimen, which I first started in February, which achieved good results but the drying and cracking of skin was burning me, even after I applied the Dan's lotion.

After taking the Vitamins for nearly 2 weeks, the results are amazing. I have only 2 pimples that have come up, but they were not the usually pimple that sprouts up. The usual acne that would flare up, felt tight on the skin and itchy. These 2 were very gentle and hard to notice, then they would become smaller after 2 days. The old acne that left red blemish on my face are starting to heal at a faster rate. It would usually take 2 to 3 months for the red spots to go away completely. I can see the red spots become smaller. I can also touch my face with out a pimple flaring up on that location I touched it.

I received the Fiber yesterday that BigPhil mentions. I will update everyone on the progress.

Daily Routine:

wake up: wash face gently with Dans Cleanser

Take: Probiotic, Bcomplex, Fish Oil, Vitamin E, and Fiber Drink

Eat Breakfast: Wheat toast with Jelly, Take Zinc. (don't take zinc on an empty stomach, it will feel like someone socked you in the gut)

Afternoon/Evening : wash face with Dans Cleanser, take Probiotic, Fiber Drink

MemberMember
(@agileox)

Posted : 04/14/2011 1:01 pm

I have been on this for about 10-12 days now. I noticed that at first, my skin improved quickly, then started the process of clearing the spots that have been there long. I no longer broke out, but I did get a few small inflamed bumps here and there that cleared in about 10-12 hours. Much improved.

HOWEVER, I continued to research probiotics in general and came to the conclusion that Probiotics really are a shotgun approach to improving the precense of essential bacterial cultures in the digestive tract. What I mean by this is there are simply no way to guarantee that:

a) the bacterial cultures in the caps stay in healthy while on the shelf and

b) that the bacterial cultures survive the trip to the digestive tract ... after all, they are subject to elevated temperatures, acids and a host of other effects in our bodies which are designed to kill bacterial. This is why people who completely lose bacterial cultures that aid in digestive literally have to have a fecal transplant (placing feces in the digestive tract from a healthy digestive system) and cannot just take a probiotic.

This is also why you can see probiotics with such wide ranges of CFU's (colony forming units) per tab, anywhere from 1billion to 100 billion and why some probiotics recommend refrigeration to help retain the potency.

I stated breaking out again after a clearing up and I suspect it was that I didn't refridgerate the probiotic and that I was cheap and bought the Vitamin Shoppe brand. Not that the bacterial strains in value brands don't work, but likely, the cheaper price ends up reflecting in cheaper delivery systems and processing meaning the product isn't expedited as quickly to shelves, it has a shorter shelf life, and is generally less effecient at delivering bacterial cultures to the small intestines.

So to remedy this, I suggest the following:

Use a probiotic with an effective packaging and delivery system. Bio-Tract is supposed to be a very reputable capsule which can readily survive the environment of the digestive system. This technology is available in Renew Life FloraSMART. These caps are about $17 for 30, so they aren't that expensive, all things considered.

Keep your probiotic refrigerated. The key is to do everything to preserve the bacterial cultures until they can be delivered to the small intestines and doing this will enhance the shelf life. Even if you have to go on a trip, put it in a cooler or something. Or at the very worst case scenario, you don't refrigerate them on a trip and you just have slightly less effective probiotics during the duration of your trip.

Buy your probiotics in the smallest bottles possible. Buying in smaller quantities will help reduce product shelf life.

This is all reserch of secondary sources, no original research, so take it for what it's worth. Right now, I am using Renew Life FloraSMART and Renew Life Flora 50 Billion and seeing if they are more effective. I will let you guys know in two weeks.

MemberMember
(@agileox)

Posted : 04/14/2011 2:44 pm

Also, I will add that the Renew Life FloraSMART I mentioned above are packaged individually to increase shelf stability and to add convience if you go on trips or are on the go.

MemberMember
(@lun3ydav3)

Posted : 04/14/2011 2:55 pm

I'm using the Garden of Life Primal Defense Ultra Ultimate Probiotics Formula that I ordered from Amazon. I don't think it says on the bottle to refrigerate, maybe just in a cool dark place but I keep mine refrigerated anyway. This one is supposed to have 15 billion probiotic cells per dose, but I'm sure it's more like 8-10 billion by the time you consume it. I think that's sufficient enough. Has anyone experienced more breakouts after day 3-4? I'm not using anything other than a mild cleanser and oil-free moisturizer and I continue to get whiteheads and redness more than ever before. This (I'm hoping) is just a die off of Candida or flushing of toxins.

MemberMember
(@grasberry)

Posted : 04/14/2011 9:12 pm

I joined the boards just to add my two cents to this thread, which I stumbled across a little over a week ago.

I've had acne for 10+ years and I've been following this regimen for 9 days. I'm using the same products as BigPhil and I'm following his schedule. The only inconsistencies are that I'm not taking a Vitamin B complex (there's not good reason why I'm not, I just haven't purchased it), I hardly exercise, and (because I'm a woman) I'm taking birth control and 25mgs of spiro everyday.

For what it's worth, I think the overall state of my skin has improved in the past week: it's much softer and I've seen surprisingly little acne in places I used to breakout all the time--however, I'm suffering a pretty terrible breakout on my chin at the moment. Like, 10 new cysts of varying sizes. I've heard from the hormonal acne boards here that chin acne is related to hormones, so maybe my birth control and spiro are to blame (I just finished my first month of spiro and my third month of the BC). Anyway, if that's the case, then the breakout may not be related to this regimen, but I thought it'd be worth noting that breakouts do still happen (unfortunately).

I'm def. going to continue using this regimen because I believe this chin-breakout thing will eventually subside and then my immune system will already be on track to help prevent more acne!

MemberMember
(@henryhg)

Posted : 04/14/2011 9:12 pm

Is it better to take zinc in the morning or at night??