Notifications
Clear all

Angular Cheilitis

MemberMember
(@levin-gumknit)

Posted : 08/20/2008 7:21 am

Sorry this posting is not about acne but I thought I'd seek advice from all the helpful members of this forum. I have had angular cheilitis (painful cracks at the corners of my mouth) for almost three months. During this time, I've seen four different dermatologists and tried every solution imaginable including topical and oral antibiotics, antifingals, and topical cortisteroids and also Eleidel and Protopic. It won't go away and it's very painful whenever I speak or eat.

My dermatologist doesn't think it's infected with either bacteria or fungus for for some reason it still will not heal. He ran a culture test and it came up negative on both counts. Has anyone ever heard of more drastic treatments for chronic angular cheilitis that doesn't respond to ordinary treatment? Thanks for any advice you can offer. Hopefully I'm not the only one who has ever gone through something like this.

MemberMember
(@missymisc)

Posted : 07/31/2015 8:54 am

I mixed up some athletes foot cream, some vaginal yeast cream (nobody at, I think) some max strength hydrocortisone cream, and some burn gel (for the lidocaine to numb it). I applied my concoction last night and this morning, I am almost completely healed.