Notifications
Clear all

Roaccutane 30mg/for 6 months (PICTURES INCLUDED)

MemberMember
(@dw75)

Posted : 12/11/2017 7:41 pm

Yay , It's definitely working! It's drying out and i think it will go away or improve massively in the next month or so

MemberMember
(@sanjam95)

Posted : 12/12/2017 2:34 am

Thank you guys, I am really pleased and my derm says it looks good :)

The nurse extracted those two pimples I was talking about. She told me to have another electrophoresis with clindamycin on Thursday and next Wednesday she will do a treatment with vitamin C for my scars. Woohoo! :) 

Update on Monday (week 12th)

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 12/12/2017 2:50 am

15 minutes ago, sanjam95 said:

Thank you guys, I am really pleased and my derm says it looks good :)

The nurse extracted those two pimples I was talking about. She told me to have another electrophoresis with clindamycin on Thursday and next Wednesday she will do a treatment with vitamin C for my scars. Woohoo! :) 

Update on Monday (week 12th)

you seem to have gone to the right doctor, not all doctors are very attentive and responsive to their patients. good luck!

sanjam95 liked
MemberMember
(@juwalker)

Posted : 12/12/2017 2:51 am

Looking good. Not sure what electrophoresis is. Will look it up. Does it hurt?

dw75 and sanjam95 liked
MemberMember
(@sanjam95)

Posted : 12/12/2017 6:39 am

I agree, pleased with my doctors as well :)

Electrophoresis is a way of applying medicine through galvanic current. I see on Google that you say electro therapy, maybe that's more familiar with you? :) It doesn't hurt, maybe it tingles a little bit, but it's not a big deal! :)  

Juwalker liked
MemberMember
(@kvn88)

Posted : 12/15/2017 11:46 am

Hi. I'm 20M from Slovenia (pozdrav v Srbijo^_^) and started just day after you. I'm 75kg and on 40mg's a day.
I have similar results as you, tho I had a little bit milder inital breakout, and I started with mild persistent acne, but our results seem to be the same! My skin was worst till like 10 days ago. And now is better everyday. I can't believe it's finally happening. 
Si zelo simpatina in verjamem da bo na koncu vse ok! Pozdrav! 

sanjam95 liked
MemberMember
(@sanjam95)

Posted : 12/16/2017 11:58 am

On 12/15/2017 at 5:46 PM, kvn88 said:

Hi. I'm 20M from Slovenia (pozdrav v Srbijo^_^) and started just day after you. I'm 75kg and on 40mg's a day.
I have similar results as you, tho I had a little bit milder inital breakout, and I started with mild persistent acne, but our results seem to be the same! My skin was worst till like 10 days ago. And now is better everyday. I can't believe it's finally happening. 
Si zelo simpatina in verjamem da bo na koncu vse ok! Pozdrav! 

That's awesome! :) So excited for the end 🙂 for how many months are you going to take it? Pozdrav za Sloveniju 🙂

kvn88 liked
MemberMember
(@kvn88)

Posted : 12/16/2017 8:17 pm

8 hours ago, sanjam95 said:
That's awesome! :) So excited for the end :) for how many months are you going to take it? Pozdrav za Sloveniju :)

I have scheduled appointment with my derm this coming friday. If I stay on 40mg I'll hit comulative dose in april 2018. But hopefully derm will put me up to 80mg. I want to be over quickly, no matter side effects... I don't want to wait till april 
Vse dobro! 

sanjam95 liked
MemberMember
(@addy-s)

Posted : 12/17/2017 12:48 am

On 11/13/2017 at 3:31 PM, sanjam95 said:
Day 49

What do you guys think? Is it that bad? 

Fotor_151056712943589.jpg

Fotor_151056715180935.jpg

Fotor_151056717950681.jpg

no its not bad ,it will heal with time and proper medication .All d best 

sanjam95 and Juwalker liked
MemberMember
(@juwalker)

Posted : 12/17/2017 4:05 am

Getting better and better. ;D;D;D

dw75 and sanjam95 liked
MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 12/17/2017 8:20 am

It looks better and better, Congrats!!

sanjam95 liked
MemberMember
(@sanjam95)

Posted : 12/18/2017 7:14 am

First of all, THANK YOU. :D 

Week 12th - 84th day

Woohoo! So these are the pics from today. I went to my derm this morning and she said she's really satisfied. I had two active pimples yesterday, but they all kind of went away, but this morning nurse extracted them really so it will heal in few days. I won't touch them. Let me tell you about my side effects: TIREDNESS, first of all!! I am so tired, I couldn't open my eyes after today's nap. And this brings problems in concentration :(
and my skin is so dry, especially it was really dry yesterday. You can see it on pics. 

I have a blood test tomorrow, then on Wed, I'm going to derm again, for my four month appointment, then on Thu I'm traveling to Australia, which is really exciting, and I will keep you updated while I'm there as well! :)

P.S. Sorry for long update. 

Fotor_151359866343875.jpg

Fotor_151359871629872.jpg

Fotor_151359873891455.jpg

Fotor_151359868862770.jpg

Fotor_151359876178696.jpg

MemberMember
(@kvn88)

Posted : 12/18/2017 8:52 am

You look absolutely amazing! Results are showing. Your skin will be 100% clear in just few days, maybe weeks, I can see it.
I'm one day behind you and it's the same! It really is something about  2.5 months time when you get past this corner and it starts to get better everyday. Magic. I'd choose dry skin over acne every day of the year!  Bravo!! 

sanjam95 liked
MemberMember
(@sanjam95)

Posted : 12/18/2017 9:10 am

17 minutes ago, kvn88 said:

You look absolutely amazing! Results are showing. Your skin will be 100% clear in just few days, maybe weeks, I can see it.
I'm one day behind you and it's the same! It really is something about  2.5 months time when you get past this corner and it starts to get better everyday. Magic. I'd choose dry skin over acne every day of the year!  Bravo!! 

Thank you. I agree, dryness is much better. What are yours side effects? 😀

kvn88 liked
MemberMember
(@kvn88)

Posted : 12/18/2017 9:46 am

26 minutes ago, sanjam95 said:

Thankyou. I agree, dryness is much better. What are yours side effects? 😀

Lips are the worst I guess, I have to reapply chapstick almost every 15 minutes, I had bad back pain about month in, its still there but I think it's not that intense at the moment, I believe it's been worse few weeks ago, I was barely moving in my bed haha.
Skin is really weird in my situation. Its never been VERY DRY. One day it's little bit dry, one day is little bit more, I can see some peeling, and then the other few days it's like nothing is happening. Really weird. But lately as my face started clearing I notice more dryness overall.
My hair is dry, not that it's visible but I literally never have oily hair, I could wash them once every 2 weeks and there would be no oil at all.
Most noticable are definitely dry lips. After that -> back pain. That's pretty much all. If I don't count initial breakout as side effect.

How are you dealing with side effects? Is it bad? Any back pains? Also which moisturizer are you using? How much do you pay for it? Because I have that "La roche posay - effaclar H" and it's 40ml and I pay for this 18, and it lasts maybe 2 weeks. I think thats a lot! What do you think?

MemberMember
(@sanjam95)

Posted : 12/18/2017 1:58 pm

4 hours ago, kvn88 said:
Lips are the worst I guess, I have to reapply chapstick almost every 15 minutes, I had bad back pain about month in, its still there but I think it's not that intense at the moment, I believe it's been worse few weeks ago, I was barely moving in my bed haha.
Skin is really weird in my situation. Its never been VERY DRY. One day it's little bit dry, one day is little bit more, I can see some peeling, and then the other few days it's like nothing is happening. Really weird. But lately as my face started clearing I notice more dryness overall.
My hair is dry, not that it's visible but I literally never have oily hair, I could wash them once every 2 weeks and there would be no oil at all.
Most noticable are definitely dry lips. After that -> back pain. That's pretty much all. If I don't count initial breakout as side effect.

How are you dealing with side effects? Is it bad? Any back pains? Also which moisturizer are you using? How much do you pay for it? Because I have that "La roche posay - effaclar H" and it's 40ml and I pay for this 18, and it lasts maybe 2 weeks. I think thats a lot! What do you think?

Well I did have some back pain, but really rare, it's not like I could barely leave my bed 🙂 Same case with dryness on my face, some day is really dry and the other is oily. Weird.

Well I use simple pantenol creme and some cremes by a-derma, but I don't put moisturizer every day because I literally have a fear of new pimples when I put any cream products and I don't think it's necessary when my face isn't THAT dry.

I used la roche cosmetics before going on roaccutane and it's really good. If that's expensive for you, just try some regular moisturizer. I don't think it really has to be the expensive one 🙂 Pantenol creme in Serbia is like 3$ in America or something like that and my derm said that I can't do wrong with that creme.

kvn88 liked
MemberMember
(@kvn88)

Posted : 12/18/2017 2:04 pm

4 minutes ago, sanjam95 said:
Well I did have some back pain, but really rare, it's not like I could barely leave my bed 🙂 Same case with dryness on my face, some day is really dry and the other is oily. Weird.

Well I use simple pantenol creme and some cremes by a-derma, but I don't put moisturizer every day because I literally have a fear of new pimples when I put any cream products and I don't think it's necessary when my face isn't THAT dry. 

I used la roche cosmetics before going on roaccutane and it's really good. If that's expensive for you, just try some regular moisturizer. I don't think it really has to be the expensive one 🙂 Pantenol creme in Serbia is like 3$ in America or something like that and my derm said that I can't do wrong with that creme. 

Thanks... I just hope it will be magically better till new year  Good luck to you.;P

sanjam95 liked
MemberMember
(@vtr)

Posted : 12/18/2017 2:55 pm

Your skin is looking a lot clearer and I'm sure you have the best yet to come! Stick with it.

I know how you feel re the tiredness, I can barely keep my eyes open and I'm only a couple of weeks in!

sanjam95 liked
MemberMember
(@sanjam95)

Posted : 12/18/2017 3:15 pm

19 minutes ago, vtr said:

Your skin is looking a lot clearer and I'm sure you have the best yet to come! Stick with it.

I know how you feel re the tiredness, I can barely keep my eyes open and I'm only a couple of weeks in!

Thanks. This is insane and I have exams coming  Its going to be fun, for sure! Good luck

vtr liked
MemberMember
(@dw75)

Posted : 12/19/2017 6:44 pm

Omg, good luck with the exams!  maybe it's a good thing that I delayed it all these years to get on accutane. I'd probably have failed my university exams 

MemberMember
(@sanjam95)

Posted : 12/19/2017 6:58 pm

12 minutes ago, dw75 said:

Omg, good luck with the exams!  maybe it's a good thing that I delayed it all these years to get on accutane. I'd probably have failed my university exams 

Please don't scare me hahah. I'm going on a vacay in 2 days so I'll charge my batteries for upcoming exams!  but not gonna lie, this week i had two side effects: tiredness and dry skin 

dw75 liked
MemberMember
(@dw75)

Posted : 12/20/2017 11:12 am

16 hours ago, sanjam95 said:
Please don't scare me hahah. I'm going on a vacay in 2 days so I'll charge my batteries for upcoming exams!  but not gonna lie, this week i had two side effects: tiredness and dry skin 

How come Australia? Enjoy!

It's crazy that I'm on acne forum with people from Serbia and other parts of the world. It's awesome really. Just shows that no matter where in the world, there's always somebody going through the same stuff ^_^

sanjam95 and shadylee liked
MemberMember
(@sanjam95)

Posted : 12/20/2017 6:36 pm

7 hours ago, dw75 said:
How come Australia? Enjoy!

It's crazy that I'm on acne forum with people from Serbia and other parts of the world. It's awesome really. Just shows that no matter where in the world, there's always somebody going through the same stuff ^_^

Thank you 🙂

It is amazing! 

MemberMember
(@accutanerookie)

Posted : 12/21/2017 10:17 am

ah you look amazing! I really hope this starts to happen with my skin soon too! I'm on day 61 and my cheeks and jawline are still breaking out, but my skin is definitely dry. hope it starts going in this direction soon!! good luck :) 

sanjam95 liked
MemberMember
(@sanjam95)

Posted : 12/24/2017 5:00 pm

Week 13th:

Merry Christmas to everybody who's celebrating today.

Ahhh, not so good today. I have new pimples that are coming out and I'm not really satisfied with how my skin looks with foundation and I think I use the good one. Anyway, take a look at pics... 

P.S. I've just realized that I finished my 3rd month. Wooohooo! 3 more to go!

IMG_20171225_085053.jpg

instasize_171225085421.png

instasize_171225085347.png

IMG_20171225_085119.jpg

Juwalker, kvn88 and dw75 liked