Notifications
Clear all

Accutane journey-alex

MemberMember
(@ah43)

Posted : 11/26/2016 8:28 pm

IMG_2677.PNGIMG_2689.JPG40 mg a day for 5 months. Boy 18 150 pounds 5'7"
Day 1-3: it looked more clear than usual and I was feeeling good. I had a little dryness on my lips and my skin was softer than usual. During the middle of day 3 was when all hell broke loose though
day 4: I have a big ass blind pimple on my cheek near my nose. It hurt a little bit when I twitches my face. 
Day 5: lips got super dry and the big blind pimple looks a little smaller but it's still massive. Got a painful bump under my skin that isn't very noticeable. hopefully not a cyst because I've never had one before. It looks like another blind pimple but can't be one aure. Also I woke up with countless whiteheads near my mouth and my chin. It's  disgusting and I had friends come over.  
Day 6: this is thw 6th day although I haven't taken the pill yet wish me luck!btw I will put weekly pics so day 7 on Monday night I will post. The pics were taken three days before I started it. Day 6 I just woke up and  Blind pimple is still big and it oozed it this morning on accident. It's not painful though. Also I keep getting a ton of whiteheads at my mouth and chin area but other than that nothing much. Myface Is tight as well 

MemberMember
(@ah43)

Posted : 11/28/2016 4:37 pm

7th day: These whiteheads are killing me.I have so many that I cant even count. It also makes my skin look super bumpy compared to normal. The big blind pimple decreased dramatically. BUt the whiteheads occuring around my mouth nose and chin area are making me feel so insecure. I cant even go see friends because of it. My face feels super tight and dry now too. Idk how much longer I can deal with these whiteheads. I pop them a lot but ive definfinitely been cutting back because i dont want scarring. I typically pop the ones on my chin and then the ones on the right side of my nose. ITs so irritating. I hope it goes away by friday hopefully. Hopefully even sooner but I doubt it. Ive been on it for a week and now and I already broke out. Ive heard that most breakouts last 2 weeks so thats what Im hoping for honestly. Today I will take my eighth pill and I will post pics of my current progress later tonight.

MemberMember
(@ah43)

Posted : 11/30/2016 6:12 pm

8th day: more of the same. Lots of whiteheads and getting lots of pimples under the skin. Face is red too. It's a little painful at the moment and I also got a bruise from some kid in my class and it started bleeding really bad.
9th day: deep pimples showing up a little. Not much but it still bothers me. Also most of the whiteheads magically went away overnight. I was shocked but I still have some left. If all goes well I hope to be clear of any pimples by the 14 day mark
10th day: Most whiteheads are gone thank god. But i am getting deep pimples surfacing under the sking mostlyon the outside of my face which is weird. Lips are super dry at this point and my body is super sore.
11 day: Whiteheads are fone and some of the deep pimples are gone but some still remain. my face is super dry along with my lips. I also didny moisturize at all because i slept at a friends house.

MemberMember
(@ah43)

Posted : 12/03/2016 3:12 pm

12th day: Acne is basically gone. I have a lot of marks for sure that upset me a lot but its part of the process. Whiteheads here and there. I just hope I dont breakout again. Also lips are super dry and my back has had severe pain for awhile now. It hurts to bend down and then go back up.
13th day: Still the same pimples forming under the sking but nothing severe that I havent handled before. Also lips are still super dry and back hurts extremely bad.
14th day: Today marks the two week mark and tbh its gone by super fast. Hopefully the intial breakout was the one I suffered for about a week although Ive heard accutane works by getting clear then breakout and then clear again and breakout. Hopefully its the case especially around finals week.

MemberMember
(@ah43)

Posted : 12/14/2016 8:46 pm

Dec 14: been awhile but face looked immensely better. I was never afraid to go meet with friends finally. My lips were so fucking dry though and they're turning different colors and peeling. Also as my skin was finally looking good again, I'm starting to get hard under the skin pimples that I haven't gotten in years. It's embarrassing as usual. These pimples hurt. I have one right under my eye one on the side of my cheek one near my mouth. This one is pissig me off so much because it's how my initial breakout started, the same exact pimple but this time on the other cheek. On my other side I have to painful blind pimples that are hard to see but they r very painful nonetheless. Also I've heard pimples aren't supposed to last long on accutane however I feel that every actual pimple I get lasts a week or more and its really depressing. But body aches eveveryday including my back. My back is absolutely terrible. My face is getting better in complexion howeber this miny breakout is preventing me from being glad. Idk hopefully gone by the weekend

MemberMember
(@veenax)

Posted : 12/28/2016 7:10 pm

Updates?

Ah43 liked
MemberMember
(@ah43)

Posted : 12/29/2016 5:46 am

Dec 15-28: wow what can I say. The trip has been memorable. I broke again but lasted a few days. However it leaves acne marks that will not go away. But the most part it was the most clear I've seen in awhile. I am no where near clear btw. I have ton of acne marks like more than you've ever seen. Also I broke out again last night and am starting my new dosage of 60 mg a day. I am praying to god that there won't be a breakout because I'm going to be with family for a week and I get really insecure. I also start school in two weeks and I'm really anxious about that. Lips are so dry and back hurts a lot like usual. Today I almost broke my ankle because my bones are so fragile. Also eyes get really dry. I recommend cetaphil no please stay out the sun. I'll probably update frequently now because I'm expecting a breakout. Definitely not like the first one that was the worst however I'm praying I can avoid one and we can continue to improve. 

IMG_2806.JPG

Juwalker liked
MemberMember
(@adeel2111)

Posted : 12/29/2016 4:48 pm

holy shit it worked good on you

MemberMember
(@ah43)

Posted : 12/30/2016 5:13 am

Ya that's what I thought too but the dosage got moved up again and my skin broke out immediately. It got so much worse already and my skin is really red. Usually it takes 10-11 days for me to get rid of breakouts so I'm hoping that by that time I'll be better than ever and to be honest that's what happened last time. I broke out real bad but after my skin looked real good

MemberMember
(@shmilym)

Posted : 12/30/2016 6:41 am

Do you take any other supplement (Zinc, vitamin...)? Taking rich nutrients food helps you acne healing better & faster.

How much is the first dosage? As I read, right now is 60mg. Your face looks really better versus before your Accutane journey. Does the initial breakout leave any marks, scars or hyperpigmentation?

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 12/30/2016 10:46 am

Wow..it already looks soon much better..and before you worry about a new pimple just go through your old pics..Im sure the new ones won't bother you at all

MemberMember
(@ah43)

Posted : 12/30/2016 11:33 pm

16 hours ago, shmilyM said:

Do you take any other supplement (Zinc, vitamin...)? Taking rich nutrients food helps you acne healing better & faster.

How much is the first dosage? As I read, right now is 60mg. Your face looks really better versus before your Accutane journey. Does the initial breakout leave any marks, scars or hyperpigmentation?

I haven't been taking supplements but does it actually help? What do u recommend? The first dosage was 40 mg and I'm on the second day of 60 mg and I'm taking one in he morning and two at night. Ya to be honest my sking is still discolored from the initial breakout. But to be honest I used a warm towel and it started to ooze out and created scabs

12 hours ago, eternalrocket said:

Wow..it already looks soon much better..and before you worry about a new pimple just go through your old pics..Im sure the new ones won't bother you at all

Ya you're right to be honest I think the lighting in hat picture doesn't do me justice because I still have a lot of hyperpigmentstion. It's barely acne anymore but more like hyperpigmentstion and scars. But it definitely hasn't gotten better like oh my god. That picture above I used to consider a good day lol. But ya the pimple I have is huge but no where near as bad as it used to be. I should be grateful but from a longtime acne sufferer like me it's hard to be satisfied as I hope some of u also realize

MemberMember
(@ah43)

Posted : 12/31/2016 12:35 am

I'm going to post some new pictures next week hopefully

MemberMember
(@shmilym)

Posted : 12/31/2016 1:14 am

The most sought & effective so far: Zinc. Sinc you've already been on Accutane. Eating natural high zinc foods is enough (Oyster, beef, spinach, liver...)

I don't know what to tell you because hosnestly, I have not turned to Accutane yet. If side effect is so bad (dry skin, lips, backpain...) you either have to suffer (no pain no gain) or find way to mitigate it (dry skin = drink more water, backpain = avoid heavy workout....).

Anyway, still a long way to the end. Keep well.

MemberMember
(@ah43)

Posted : 12/31/2016 1:33 am

This is what I'm currently working with. The lighting makes my skin look a little more red plus the added dosage. Obviously u can see the huge pimple I was talking about now. It literally came as a result of switching dosage. It's funny because when I first started accutane I got the same exact pimple. Plus my skin looked so much better last week don't know what happened but it's a part of the process like my doctor said. It's gonna get worse before it gets better. I'm hoping for it to mellow out but as you can see there's little pimples compared to before. I'm pretty happy with the progress and idk if u guys think it looks better but I believe it does look a little better tbh. I got four more months and should be ending in late April so wish me luck as I continue to update you guys

IMG_2883.JPG

IMG_2884.JPG

MemberMember
(@ah43)

Posted : 12/31/2016 6:52 pm

So woke up this morning and no new additions. The pimple is still huge though. It looks like a volcano and I'm going to a party today which I really don't want to but I'm gonna go anywysd. Acne has always made me resist going out which is the number reason I decided to take accutane because I was resisting going out with friends. I have many friends but It's hard to communicate to why I reject going out with them but one day I hope to have that confidence and live my life. I rejected my ex girlfriend numerous points to the point that I had to end it because I was depriving her of an experience. Anyways my skin is better and hopefully next week I will have something manageable because I have school starting January 9. Wish me luck as I continue to update

MemberMember
(@ah43)

Posted : 01/02/2017 4:28 am

Don't know what to do guys. I'm getting huge cysts underneath the skin and they're painful. You can barely see them but they're really painful to touch. Also I'm getting hyperpigmentstion after every pimple that goes away it's so irritating. A pimple will go away and usually a red or brown spot will appear where the pimple was but no a large percentage of the area surrounding the pimple turns brown way before. Like irk what to do the marks are insanely annoying. This is gonna sound stupid but I consider a good day is when I'm able to take a pic on Snapchat with a filter without looking like complete shit. Like it's embarrassing but so true. The dosage didn't really have a major effect on breakout so far besides the cysts appearing. And I've never had a cyst before so it's weird. Because I've been having the same under the skin bump for about three weeks now. I'm trying to be patient but school is next week and I'm just so tired of being the same old Alex the kid with acne like that shit is so irritating and depressing. My grades suffered massively because my acne last year. Acne ruined my 2016 completely like there's no question about it. Sometimes I only face my friends with one side of my face because I'm embarrassed by the other side. I laugh how pathetic I am man like it's just like ugh what did I do to deserve this. I don't drink or smoke. I eat extremely healthy and exercise everyday. I do not eat sugar by any means. I refuse to eat it and i haven't ate sweets like as ice cream or cake in a little over a year. He fact that I have to reduce any sort of pleasure to have the chance to gain a little more self confidenfe is ridiculous. Plus i was no where near satisfied with my sking when I stopped. Sorry or the rant I should honestly make YouTube videos about this. Would any of you watch

steph93rc liked
MemberMember
(@shmilym)

Posted : 01/02/2017 8:58 am

All I can advise is going for a check with your dermatologist to see if there is anything wrong with Accutane right now. You can not get rid of these painful cysts in such a short time (a week until your next back to school).

Also you said that you have healthy eating habit so I suspect that your acne root cause does not deprive from the foods you eat. May be something else. You can search and find if there is anything could cause this (hormone, hygiene, type of facial cleanser, sleeping habit....etc)

What is matter right now (for you) is calming your face, getting clear of acne so what is the point of making youtube video if it does not contribute to your goal? Right now, it is better to stay calm and feel good about yourself and prepare for the new semester rather than wasting time make vids.

Ah43 liked
MemberMember
(@ah43)

Posted : 01/02/2017 10:08 pm

Ya I actually talked to him today and he said they aren't cysts they're just coming up from under my skin. And no I mean like a video for accutane Journey. Also idk if my skin is getting better. What do you think and if youce taken it do u recommend taking any supplements or just staying patient

MemberMember
(@shmilym)

Posted : 01/03/2017 12:48 am

Consult your doctor too or call him to ask which supplements are safe to take with Accutane. Personally, I think it would be better to eat organic foods & fruits. Food rich in Zinc, C, D3, fiber, collagen, omega 3...

To reduce redness, excess oil & dead skin cells on face, you can use facial mask (google it: aztec healing clay) once or twice a week with apple cider vinegar.

Final, just be patient, do safe things. Experiment & record what work what don't with you. Everybody is different.

MemberMember
(@sohelpmegod)

Posted : 01/03/2017 11:06 pm

On 1/2/2017 at 3:28 PM, Ah43 said:

Don't know what to do guys. I'm getting huge cysts underneath the skin and they're painful. You can barely see them but they're really painful to touch. Also I'm getting hyperpigmentstion after every pimple that goes away it's so irritating. A pimple will go away and usually a red or brown spot will appear where the pimple was but no a large percentage of the area surrounding the pimple turns brown way before. Like irk what to do the marks are insanely annoying. This is gonna sound stupid but I consider a good day is when I'm able to take a pic on Snapchat with a filter without looking like complete shit. Like it's embarrassing but so true. The dosage didn't really have a major effect on breakout so far besides the cysts appearing. And I've never had a cyst before so it's weird. Because I've been having the same under the skin bump for about three weeks now. I'm trying to be patient but school is next week and I'm just so tired of being the same old Alex the kid with acne like that shit is so irritating and depressing. My grades suffered massively because my acne last year. Acne ruined my 2016 completely like there's no question about it. Sometimes I only face my friends with one side of my face because I'm embarrassed by the other side. I laugh how pathetic I am man like it's just like ugh what did I do to deserve this. I don't drink or smoke. I eat extremely healthy and exercise everyday. I do not eat sugar by any means. I refuse to eat it and i haven't ate sweets like as ice cream or cake in a little over a year. He fact that I have to reduce any sort of pleasure to have the chance to gain a little more self confidenfe is ridiculous.  Plus i was no where near satisfied with my sking when I stopped. Sorry or the rant I should honestly make YouTube videos about this. Would any of you watch

I totally relate to every thing you said here. Except for the grades suffering. I actually did better at my studies, because I completely shut myself in and focused on studying all day to distract myself from my insecurities - the only good thing that came of this horrible disease.
 I always angle my face in a certain way to people when I'm talking to them, to hide my broken out side and it's a pain in the ass .
I cut out sugar and dairy and it helped for a while, but not nearly enough and not for long. I'm not even sure if food breaks me out at all and whether or not I'm cutting out the wrong food. I'm almost tempted to cut everything out and reintroduce them little by little to see which one is the real culprit, if any is at all.
I'd love to watch your YouTube Accutane vlog, if you decide to make one. It would be inspiring and helpful to so many people. 
By the way, I just got on Accutane too - on a dose of 20mg. 

MemberMember
(@ah43)

Posted : 01/05/2017 11:39 am

Idk why this always freaking happens. The pimple gets significantly smaller than before than out of nowhere starts up again. Like I don't even know what to do about that. Is that even normal. I've been having the same pimple for like a week now but the funny part is it went away for like a few days then came right back but this time no whitehead in sight. At this I have about five pimples which is incredible for me but they're all the same types. They're deep and they have just been there for such a long time now it's so annoying like when the hell will u go away 

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@ah43)

Posted : 01/07/2017 3:42 am

Update: my skin is pretty bad right now worse than it's been in awhile. I got 7 active pimples right now but like 3 of them r cysts man. Like I've never had a cyst before and it's been there for like the duration of my time on accutane on and off. It's super irritating and I really don't wanna having scaring because of it. Anyways school starts on Monday and I'm just so mad to go back like my skin was doing so well during the whole damn break but of course school starts up and bam f*** you Alex. It's the worst feeling in he world because I always feel like I have to avoid my friends and I just hate it so much dude

MemberMember
(@veenax)

Posted : 01/07/2017 10:46 am

Shit man hang in there, it gets worse before it gets better. At least you know there is an end to this. Most people are pretty cleared up by month 2. I am on my first week and I have 4-5 new breakouts already. My skin was alot better before I got on accutane. But I know I gotta stick through it.

Ah43 liked
MemberMember
(@ah43)

Posted : 01/07/2017 1:11 pm

2 hours ago, veenax said:

Shit man hang in there, it gets worse before it gets better. At least you know there is an end to this. Most people are pretty cleared up by month 2. I am on my first week and I have 4-5 new breakouts already. My skin was alot better before I got on accutane. But I know I gotta stick through it. 

Ya man good luck to u as well. I mean I've been clear a few times it's like accutane is teasing me I hate it lol. I'm about to post a few pic updates btw

IMG_2924.JPG

IMG_2925.JPG

One pic is dark lighting for some reason I apologize and it always looks so damn bad without light idk why

Juwalker liked