Notifications
Clear all

10mg Accutane/Roaccutane daily!

MemberMember
(@shmilym)

Posted : 12/27/2016 6:33 am

Congrats you on your positive result!
Any change in diet? Or just the Accutane & the Uriage cream do the work?

MemberMember
(@kathi)

Posted : 12/27/2016 6:55 am

Thanks! Just the Accutane and the Uriage have done the work. Actually I've been eating a lot of cake and sweets in the last time because it's Christmas so that can't be good haha.

shmilyM liked
MemberMember
(@kathi)

Posted : 01/02/2017 10:34 am

Week 9: The situation is even better than last week and the best since starting accutane. I've had 2-3 sooooo minor breakouts that seriously don't even bother me, you can barely see them. I can't wait for the redness to completely reduce. Dryness isn't hard to control at all, probably because my skin stopped constantly peeling off. 

No side effects this week. 

Btw Happy New Year!! :D 

shmilyM liked
MemberMember
(@kathi)

Posted : 01/09/2017 4:23 pm

Week 10:All I can say - Accutane is seriously like a rollercoaster. So the beginning and the middle of the week were not that good. I got more than a couple of little breakouts that did bother me this time. I was so annoyed with my skin and redness. Then on Saturday I noticed how much my redness has reduced IN 2 DAYS. And I'm not the only person who noticed it. I don't know how this is even possible.
Anyways, by Sunday I was breakout free again. It's all good now.

Dryness of my body skin has become more noticeable. I've got some dry patches on my arms. Also my hair is so dry I hate it. But then again it doesn't get oily so that's a plus haha.
No other side effects.

MemberMember
(@kathi)

Posted : 01/17/2017 7:26 am

Week 11:The best week so far. At the beginning of the week I had like 2-3 minor breakouts and since then nothing. Skin is soooo smooth and soft. I just wish this redness would go away once and for all so I can go back to using my favorite BB creams, instead of using foundation.

My eyes tend to get so dry sometimes, luckily not all the time. No other side effects.

MemberMember
(@kathi)

Posted : 01/25/2017 5:51 am

Week 12: exactly 3 breakouts this week. Another more or less good week. The only place where I get those small breakouts is my left side, because I can see there is still something under my skin. Forehead, chin and the right side of my face - NOT A THING UNDER MY SKIN, and I love it :) 

Again, no other side effects except dry eyes here and there. I really need to buy some eyedrops

MemberMember
(@kathi)

Posted : 01/31/2017 1:08 pm

Week 13: I don't even remember if I've had any breakouts this week  I think I've had like maybe 2-3 minor ones at the beginning of the week but I know I have't had any for like 5 days now. Anyways skin is doing reaally good. I hope it continues to be better and better :D 

I've finally got some eyedrops! 
No side effects

MemberMember
(@shmilym)

Posted : 02/28/2017 6:11 am

Long time no see your update. How is it going Kathi? Any side effects (I hope not, even the slightest)? Tbh, I just go through the repairing side effects of post accutane thread, and hell, it's pretty scary, not just anecdotal but again & again, I see repeated post of a significant amount of people report their damages due to accutane.

MemberMember
(@kathi)

Posted : 03/02/2017 8:29 am

I don't break out since like 2-3 weeks. I just have a little bit of redness left.No side effects at all except dry eyes here and there. I had my bloodwork done and my results are perfect. The proof Accutane isn't as horrible as some say ;) 

Also my next derm appointment is on 19th of April (my last one was on 16th of February) and then she'll decide how long I'll have to take Accutane. Either until 1st of May or 1st of July

shmilyM liked
MemberMember
(@shmilym)

Posted : 06/12/2017 1:35 am

Hello it's me again. Hope you don't mind Kathi, how have you been since your last derm appointment? :D everything so far so good? 

MemberMember
(@kathi)

Posted : 06/18/2017 5:03 am

On 12.6.2017 at 8:35 AM, shmilyM said:

Hello it's me again. Hope you don't mind Kathi, how have you been since your last derm appointment? :D everything so far so good? 

My last derm appointment was on 13th of June, I will be taking Accutane for one more month, so till the mid July. I am completely clear and can't be any happier. I have 0 side effects, and I can definitely say that Accutane was the best decision in my life! 

rziplasma, Anastasia Nebo, steph93rc and 3 people liked
MemberMember
(@anastasia-nebo)

Posted : 01/15/2018 4:54 pm

Hello Kathi, how was it after you stopped taking Accurate? Any recrudesce? Thanks a lot for sharing your experience, it's really helpful!

MemberMember
(@rziplasma)

Posted : 01/18/2018 9:46 am

I have also followed this post with interest and it would be great to have an update 6months after the end of your treatment.

MemberMember
(@endearingjay)

Posted : 02/08/2018 7:45 pm

I am on day3 of Accutane (10mg per day).

Noticing my skin getting dry and peeling... Is this normal? Does it normally takes effect so quickly?