Notifications
Clear all

Roaccutane journey - F18 (photos - great results!!!)

MemberMember
(@chicanery)

Posted : 01/16/2016 4:37 pm

Day 32 - skin hasn't been clearer in years!! I'm so happy guys. My skin has cleared drastically - I have NO actives. My skin is far from clear but it's just hyperpigmentation. I have an uneven complexion, but I don't even have acne anymore. This result proves that a low dose can work wonders - I had persistent, deep, moderate acne all over my face and 4 weeks of 20mg (and 3 days of 40mg) has pretty much cleared it. Wow.

(allllll the red marks are just scarring).

Side effects - lips are so bad! The only thing that's helping me is olive oil mixed into vaseline. If I reapply every 20 mins they don't get too bad, but first thing in the morning and after showers, they are enlarged, they peel and they absolutely burn. 

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

MemberMember
(@chicanery)

Posted : 01/20/2016 2:53 pm

Day 36 -Skin broke out, ugh! It's hormonal though + should clear up. My dry lips are unreal! If I go 30 mins without applying lip balm, my lips look horrific and start peeling off. Can't imagine going higher than 40mg.

MemberMember
(@chicanery)

Posted : 01/23/2016 11:30 am

Day 39 -Skin still breaking out, definitely hormonal. Left side is clear and right side has about 5 spots. Not bad but looks bad compared to what my skin was like a week ago.

MemberMember
(@anotherstar)

Posted : 01/23/2016 12:37 pm

the pictures look amazing considering you're only a month in yay! sorry to hear about the most recent breakouts, just know it will pass and you are experiencing some of the last breakouts ever!

chicanery liked
MemberMember
(@chicanery)

Posted : 01/29/2016 2:49 pm

Day 45 -Cystic spots on my right cheek, I just want drastic clearing! Skin is much worse than it was when I took the most recent batch of photos. 🙁

MemberMember
(@chicanery)

Posted : 02/06/2016 12:23 pm

Day 53 - Skin worse, back to moderate acne!!How did this happen?

MemberMember
(@chicanery)

Posted : 02/14/2016 5:16 pm

Day 61 -Forehead looking bad but skin has improved. It's a slow process. I'm annoyed that I'm still breaking out but can't say my skin isn't improving because it is.

Side effects - I'm really feeling them. This last week, I've had pounding headaches upon waking (probably due to taking 40mg every night) and I wake up with intense muscle/joint pains. These pains are noticeable throughout the day but not agony, thank god.

Fatigue -I've always had issues with fatigue and energy levels, but I do think it has got worse since starting the accutane. However, my caffeine consumption has also got even more out of control, so it's possible that my body just demands more caffeine than it used to in order to feel awake/well. I might try and go cold turkey now that I have a week off school, and see if removing caffeine from my life helps my overall energy/vitality. Mentally, I can get past the fatigue - if I'm with friends I don't notice it. However, if I have to do a lot of schoolwork/exercise, it sometimes seems overwhelming.

Lips are dry as ever but manageable with Kiehl's lip balms (would recommend to anyone, they're amazing!). My eyes are so sore and light sensitive, and I have bad bags under my eyes. It's a nasty drug but it works.

MemberMember
(@chicanery)

Posted : 02/19/2016 6:38 am

Day 66 -Skin has broken out again - so disappointed! I have moderate acne again. I hope this works for me, I really do.

MemberMember
(@chicanery)

Posted : 02/26/2016 12:21 pm

Day 73 - still breaking out a bit, but skin has drastically improved. Side effects = very dry lips, very achey (hurts my legs to walk, but I can cope), very sore, dry and bloodshot eyes and a lot of headaches.

Pics = a lot of hyperpigmentation. The only breakouts are on my forehead + are dIMG_0351.thumb.jpg.f221f5f072034ffe126a9rying up.

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

MemberMember
(@chicanery)

Posted : 03/19/2016 8:38 am

Day 95 - Skin is terrible at the moment, I'm so stressed + disappointed.It's breaking out consistently now. I'm taking the accutane with enough fat so I don't know what's going on.

MemberMember
(@chicanery)

Posted : 04/20/2016 3:55 pm

Day 127 - Great, wow! Haven't had a new spot in a while, only pigmentation - I'm so pleased guys, my skin has been transformed. 

Good points: Skin is looking amazing (only hyperpigmentation), NO bad skin dryness AT ALL (I haven't even been using a moisturiser).

Side effects: I am losing a fair bit of hair. Not stressing atm, what can I do. No reason why it should be an issue, I'm sure it'll be fine. Lips are very dry but controllable with lip balm. I've been having severe migraines though. If you're migraine prone like me, this medication may make your life hell, sorry to say it . The past week, I've had a continuous migraine every day with eye disturbance, nausea and even sickness one day.

When I'm not migrainey, I will still wake up with a headache most days, but normally it goes away quickly, or I take paracetamol. This medication really induces heaccahyes in me. 

Real talk - alcohol - I really don't recommend heavy drinking on this medication. I've done it a fair few times so far, but I notice that alcohol makes me feel very nauseous and hungover/ headachy even when I'm just beginning to get drunk. Also, every night I've drank on accutane , I've ended up with a SEVERE stomach ache later on - I don't know if it's a coincidence but I bet it's not. I think it's just a strong medication that shouldn't be messed with. 

I'm so happy with the results though. I'm taking it until July, still 40mg. 

IMG_0041.thumb.JPG.ea2f5e7e613ef0fdb4959IMG_0039.thumb.jpg.69092bc3efa148e46296fIMG_0043.thumb.JPG.e40f386e899f4313415ce

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0042.JPG

MemberMember
(@chicanery)

Posted : 04/26/2016 3:06 pm

Day 13 3 -Skin getting better and better. Love this.

MemberMember
(@chicanery)

Posted : 05/01/2016 7:12 am

Day 138 -my skin is just looking great. This medication is wonderful.

However, I do feel like it is worsening my mental health. I don't say that lightly as I know it's something that people are terrified of when they are taking the medication. I really feel like it's affecting me.

MemberMember
(@darkenedcloud)

Posted : 05/14/2016 1:41 am

Wow chicanery your skin looks great!! ;D
Sorry you had a few breakouts along the way though, I know that can be a real set back. 

At first I had no idea how a drug like this could have its toll on people's mental health, but now I do. When I take it a few days in a row I become very tired, sad and demotivated, and I get snappy and impatient with my bf and family. Which is why I take so little of it now. 

I hope youre feeling a little better today! Don't let the drug get you down, but also be aware of how it affects you, sometimes it's just not worth it you know... 

Good luck, all the best!!! ^_^

MemberMember
(@chicanery)

Posted : 05/25/2016 7:57 am

On 5/14/2016 at 7:41 AM, DarkenedCloud said:

Wow chicanery your skin looks great!! ;D
Sorry you had a few breakouts along the way though, I know that can be a real set back. 

At first I had no idea how a drug like this could have its toll on people's mental health, but now I do. When I take it a few days in a row I become very tired, sad and demotivated, and I get snappy and impatient with my bf and family. Which is why I take so little of it now. 

I hope youre feeling a little better today! Don't let the drug get you down, but also be aware of how it affects you, sometimes it's just not worth it you know... 

Good luck, all the best!!! ^_^

Thank you so much! It really is a miracle medication and I'm putting up with all the side effects at this point, because i'm desperate to have permanently (well, hopefully) clear skin. It's gone so quickly and it really makes me emotional to think of how long I went with terrible skin. It feels weird and amazing to finally have what I've craved for so long. <3

MemberMember
(@chicanery)

Posted : 05/25/2016 8:22 am

Day 162: So, so amazed at how clear my skin is. This really works guys, just go on it and stop worrying about the side effects. 

I've realised that if I take it after dinner, I will wake up with a severe migraine-like headache, but I can get around this by taking it at lunch.

Side effects: Usual lip dryness, face isn't actually too dry! No major hair loss at all (praying PRAYING), achy, really dry, painful nose, and (due to drying) superficial rectal bleeding and extreme pain while going to the toilet. This one is horribly unpleasant but I'm not complaining or worried, as it's such an amazing medication and has helped me so much, and the bleeding is just a sign that my body is totally dried out. It's not  going to kill me, I'll suffer through it.

fIMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0019.jpgIMG_0020.jpgIMG_0022.jpg