Notifications
Clear all

Comedonal Acne and Accutane

MemberMember
(@kngonzalez411)

Posted : 03/04/2016 1:03 am

Hi!! Sorry for the late reply. First off, picture lighting def helps. My skin is no where perfect. I wash with bar soap and use moisturizer twice a day (cetaphil). That's it!! Nothing special. Ask your derm if he or she should bump you up to a stronger dose. I'm on 60 mg and haven't seen much progress in the last month but haven't gotten a zit since then either. The cool thing about this medication is that you can have extractions later to remove all the gunk that stayed behind as well as start a treatment for the hyper pigmentation. Don't give up, just over communicate with your derm. Patience is key too :) Hope this helps!

Jacob_b liked
MemberMember
(@jacob_b)

Posted : 03/05/2016 3:48 pm

On March 4, 2016 at 10:03 PM, kngonzalez411 said:

Hi!! Sorry for the late reply. First off, picture lighting def helps. My skin is no where perfect. I wash with bar soap and use moisturizer twice a day (cetaphil). That's it!! Nothing special. Ask your derm if he or she should bump you up to a stronger dose. I'm on 60 mg and haven't seen much progress in the last month but haven't gotten a zit since then either. The cool thing about this medication is that you can have extractions later to remove all the gunk that stayed behind as well as start a treatment for the hyper pigmentation. Don't give up, just over communicate with your derm. Patience is key too :) Hope this helps!

Thank you :) I'm currently on my fifth month and my dermatologist extended me to six months now. I've been on 80mg for the last two months so I'm sure that isn't the problem. But thank you for the advice! And again, good luck on your journey :). 

MemberMember
(@kngonzalez411)

Posted : 03/11/2016 12:07 pm

Thank you!!  Aaaaaannnnnddd here is month 5 pics :) I had my doc appointment a couple weeks back, tests were great, still on 60mg. No side effects other than the dry skin.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@kngonzalez411)

Posted : 04/12/2016 11:17 am

Sorry for the delay!! I'll post month 6 pics soon!!

MemberMember
(@kngonzalez411)

Posted : 04/20/2016 10:18 am

And here are my month 6 pics!!! Sorry for the delay. As you can see, the meds dried up one of my nostrils and it occasionally bleeds. Otherwise, no side effects other than the dry skin I mentioned before.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@bentley-boo)

Posted : 04/22/2016 11:57 am

Your skin looks amazing!!!

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 04/22/2016 4:03 pm

You look fantastic! So happy for you!

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 04/22/2016 7:17 pm

Wow, this has been quite a journey for you but one well worth taking! Thanks for sharing your progress and success story with our community so others can be encouraged by it and not fear Accutane. Shadylee said it best...You look fantastic!!!! Best wishes for continued success!!!! :)

xx DeLovely

MemberMember
(@kngonzalez411)

Posted : 04/24/2016 2:50 am

Thank you!!! I'm very excited! I still have a ways to go but I'm so happy with my progress. You wouldn't believe what this has done to my self-esteem and confidence level. 🙂

MemberMember
(@kngonzalez411)

Posted : 04/26/2016 7:10 pm

Quick update, just returned from the Derm and he said I am done with the treatment !!!! He will continue to monitor my progress to make sure we're all good! I will have progress pictures soon.

MemberMember
(@rika22)

Posted : 05/23/2016 11:54 am

On 24.4.2016 at 9:50 AM, kngonzalez411 said:

Thank you!!! I'm very excited! I still have a ways to go but I'm so happy with my progress. You wouldn't believe what this has done to my self-esteem and confidence level. 🙂

Hey, feel very happy that accutane worked so good on you! :)
Did you also have closed comedones, that got rid of accutane? 

MemberMember
(@kngonzalez411)

Posted : 07/08/2016 10:52 am

Hi! Yes it got rid of my blackheads. I will get a blackhead here and there but that is normal. No cysts in months though! Here are my pics a couple months later. I do have scarring which I will work with my derm on but I am so much happier!! 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@maisondavinho)

Posted : 05/29/2018 1:19 pm

Did it help with all your open pores you had beforehand? And all the uneven texture?
looks really great