Tane With Me |21|Male| - Weekly

MemberMember
(@freakingthefrackout)

Posted : 08/26/2015 4:12 am

YEAH :D

MemberMember
(@jdtane)

Posted : 08/27/2015 4:25 am

Thanks for the encouragement guys. You guys are alright, I need to brave through this! My skin is still breaking out, however the breakouts are more medium sized white heads rather than DEEP cysts. But my break out continues.

Thanks again for the amazing support!

MemberMember
(@freakingthefrackout)

Posted : 09/12/2015 3:31 pm

hows it going man

MemberMember
(@jdtane)

Posted : 10/26/2015 4:42 am

hows it going man

hey sorry for being missing in action but here is a quick summary.

I I cleared up 100% at the end of two months however due to elevated liver enzymes from my blood test (which I suspect was caused by me doing some heavy weight lifting right before my blood test) I was taken off tane for a month. In that time I remained 100% clear except maybe 1 small pimple. However towards the end of one month my fave became oily.

I went back to the derm 2 weeks ago and everything checked out ok and I'm back on the medication at 20mg/day. So far I'm still 95% clear I have one active one my neck right now and a few black heads on my nose (I think I'm having a mini initial break out) and when I say mini I mean really really small. I am so grateful for the skin I have currently, it's free of actives and I just need to finish my course and deal with hyper pigmentation now.

Tldr cleared in 2 months, taken off for a month, now back on. Remained essentially 95% clear. Very occasional zits but they are rare

MemberMember
(@andrei11)

Posted : 10/26/2015 9:22 am

how long your course is going to be? will your dosage be upped?

MemberMember
(@freakingthefrackout)

Posted : 10/26/2015 6:12 pm

brilliant news. so happy for you. i started tane 20 days ago :) having an initial breakout, scared of it getting as terrible as yours! :o 

MemberMember
(@gms08)

Posted : 10/27/2015 11:46 pm

Sounds like it started working really well for you! To stay clear that long after a month off!

I have just started today. 20mg every second day for the first month. I've also been on Erythromicin for 4 weeks and will continue that during Accutane to combat any initial breakout I might have.

How did you find sun sensitivity? I work outside alot and am starting treatment right before summer gets cranking here in Aus, so am a little worried that is going to be the biggest problem for me.

MemberMember
(@jdtane)

Posted : 11/01/2015 7:05 pm

how long your course is going to be? will your dosage be upped?

I'm not exactly sure when I will finish, but when I reach my cumulative dose of 100mg/Kg. My dose will be upped to 40mg/day starting from next month and will stay there

brilliant news. so happy for you. i started tane 20 days ago :) having an initial breakout, scared of it getting as terrible as yours! :o 

It works! Thats all I can say, my initial break out was so terrible, but now I'm 100% clear. Good luck!

Sounds like it started working really well for you! To stay clear that long after a month off!

I have just started today. 20mg every second day for the first month. I've also been on Erythromicin for 4 weeks and will continue that during Accutane to combat any initial breakout I might have.

How did you find sun sensitivity? I work outside alot and am starting treatment right before summer gets cranking here in Aus, so am a little worried that is going to be the biggest problem for me.

I live in Australia as well, the sun sensitivity has not been too bad. Just make sure to apply SPF 30 on your face daily, and also apply SPF on your body that is going to be exposed to the sun. I make a point of wearing long sleeves, or a cover up (light jacket - get it from uniqlo its super cheap) to protect my arms. I also try to stay in the shade as much as possible. Im a uni student so my exposure is not too bad, but if you are going to be working outside and sweating, you NEED to wear waterproof SPF and reapply AND try to wear cover ups (hat, long sleeves - get the climacool from adidas, sunglasses etc.) Good luck!

gms08 liked
MemberMember
(@jdtane)

Posted : 11/03/2015 3:42 am

2 month and 3 week update:

Seems like my skin is dryed up again, after the 1 month break. Currently still 100% clear, just working on fading the red marks. Blood test soon, hopefully everything checks out next week!

Side effects: almost none
mild dry lips
dry nostrils

MemberMember
(@jdtane)

Posted : 11/17/2015 6:11 pm

3 month 2 week update:
Skin is a little dry, but very manageable. Skin is soft and even to touch. Hyperpigmentation is still there. I also have 1 active, but it isnt bothering me too bad.

Side effects:
dry lips
dry eyes