Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Summary So Far! Day 1 To 28!

MemberMember
(@sydney_april_)

Posted : 06/09/2015 2:05 am

Hello acne.org! My name is Sydney and I am currently on day 28/end of week 4 of my accutane journey! I have experienced a lot since starting the drug so I will give you all a summery of what I have experienced so far (plus a bit about my acne) and then give you weekly updates from here on out!

So, starting accutane was a definite for me. I am another one of those people who has tried EVERYTHING to cure my acne and nothing has permanently worked. I've had moderate to severe acne since I was 15 and I am now 21. Being an adult I am officially fed up with my acne and the countless trips to the dermatologists and the unimaginable amounts of money I've spent trying to fix my skin and I am ready for it to BE GONE! Now, on to my accutane experience so far!

The first 4 days I experienced no symptoms from the accutane, but by day 5 I could feel my lips beginning to get chaped. My inflammation also decreased by day 5 and continued to die down from there on out. I experienced dry mouth, dry itchy skin (on face), and itchy scalp. I immediately experienced the initial break out and my acne began purging like crazy. From day 5 to 19 I experienced dryness and a roller coaster of my skin purging and healing. Also, the "not washing your hair for a week" thing happened before day 20, but I'm not sure of the exact day. By day 20 I started feeling the nutritious back pain symptom! This one is really annoying. My back hurts when I bend over to wash my face and when I first lay down in bed. Now I have finished week 4 and I am still experiencing purging/roller coaster breakouts.

So far that's all I can record as far as symptoms go! I feel like I have a pretty good timeline as to when I experienced the major symptoms!

Let me know if you have questions or want me to discuss anything pertaining to my accutane journey!

MemberMember
(@daredevil)

Posted : 06/09/2015 1:42 pm

Hi! Can I ask what dosage you're on?

I haven't gotten the initial breakout and I'm starting to wonder if it's relating to my dosage...

Good luck on your journey through it! :)

MemberMember
(@buddyguy1)

Posted : 06/22/2015 8:16 pm

Heey! Im 21 .. 40 mg day ... 5 days in.. Im hoping it gos good for me i found this site looking for support :)

Have you seen any improvmemt?