Clear all

Accutane Journey: My Story And The Struggles

MemberMember
(@kl1001)

Posted : 05/24/2015 1:53 am

Gonna update my background info later

-------------------------------------------------------

May 23

5 months in Accutane. Derm prescribed me 60mg/day, but I am secretly reducing the dosage to 40. My skin is turning better, still 2 bumps but overall improving. The worst side effect I am having is DRAMATIC hair loss. I am afraid of taking shower, seeing handfuls of hair falling out. It literally felt like I've put hair removal cream on top of my head instead of shampoo. LOL I had the thickest hair in the world..everyday I wish I had less hair just like the other girls...now it came true and I am scared that I am gonna be a bald girl very soon. Be careful what you wish for I guess :P I cut my hair short couple days ago to make my hair loss look less severe visually. Interestingly I look pretty good in short hair. LOL Will be seeing my doctor in 7 days. I feel like stopping the course. to save my hair. O_O kk, gotta go to bed now.

Good night everyone!

ps: I am really wishing to make some friends here! Let's talk and I am super interested in knowing your story! :D

MemberMember
(@kristi96)

Posted : 05/24/2015 7:03 am

Hey there! Congratulations, you are almost there :)))

I guess you are a girl? Have you tried making masks for your hair and maybe using some serums to supply it? And also some oils so it doesn't dry up too much.

I am in month 3 and I haven't had any problem so far, but I always make sure it is well conditioned.

MemberMember
(@kl1001)

Posted : 05/25/2015 5:13 pm

Hey there! Congratulations, you are almost there :)))

I guess you are a girl? Have you tried making masks for your hair and maybe using some serums to supply it? And also some oils so it doesn't dry up too much.

I am in month 3 and I haven't had any problem so far, but I always make sure it is well conditioned.

Thanks for replying Kristi96 :)

Yea I am using hair mask & antidandruff shampoo...but sometimes I am just too lazy to do hair masks so I use only conditioner lol

You are halfway through. Congratulations!! (I am assuming that you are on a 6-month course :D)

I had some other problems too, but they are all manageable...If some thing came up and you don't know if it is caused by the tane, feel free to ask me xDDD....I wish you won't have any problems at all tho!!

GL

MemberMember
(@lucyintheskyofdiamonds)

Posted : 05/25/2015 8:14 pm

Hi!! Congratulations, you're almost done! You should think that there's only some weeks until you're off accutane so it's the last effort you gotta do.

You can buy those conditioning masks for your roots. I've heard that many people on accutane put argan oil in the roots and massage to fully moisture and hydrate the scalp. You should try it!

I've just started my accutane course, I'm on day 3. My acne is quite mild, however my skin is very prone to scaring (too much sun tanning in the past) and my acne is very persistent, so after many trials and errors, my dermatologist and I decided it was time for accutane.

Along with tane, I'm taking Diane35 and i've already seen minor improvement.

My main issue is scarring, since I know that acne will not be a problem after 3 4 months from now (I hope). It's not deep or too much but they are depressed. Most look like pin holes. Do you know if these improve or go away with accutane?

MemberMember
(@kl1001)

Posted : 06/04/2015 6:32 pm

Jun 4th

My hair is the thinnest ever. I am famous for having thick hair. Every time I go to a different hair dresser, they said that I had the thickest hair they have ever seen. Now I lost 50% of them. It is heartbreaking. I can't remember how many times I dreamed about me being bald at this young age :( Boyfriend is trying to be supportive, and this makes me feel a little bit better. My skin is getting better, slowly, but improving...this is my month 6 of accutane, and skin it still not clear. After most of the breakouts faded away, I start to see how much scarring there is all over my face....hmm :( feeling bad again...the scarring is kinda permanent. I will never be beautiful........oh wait, I should stop myself from having those negative thoughts! lol...if there is a list of the people who love me, my name should be on top of that list....right?

So, I went to see the doctor couple days ago. She wanted me to keep taking accutane until she sees my skin clear, and she said that the hair loss will eventually stop when I finish the treatment. OK, one more month, I will hang in there....

I kinda regret trying the drug :(....

Hi!! Congratulations, you're almost done! You should think that there's only some weeks until you're off accutane so it's the last effort you gotta do.

You can buy those conditioning masks for your roots. I've heard that many people on accutane put argan oil in the roots and massage to fully moisture and hydrate the scalp. You should try it!

I've just started my accutane course, I'm on day 3. My acne is quite mild, however my skin is very prone to scaring (too much sun tanning in the past) and my acne is very persistent, so after many trials and errors, my dermatologist and I decided it was time for accutane.

Along with tane, I'm taking Diane35 and i've already seen minor improvement.

My main issue is scarring, since I know that acne will not be a problem after 3 4 months from now (I hope). It's not deep or too much but they are depressed. Most look like pin holes. Do you know if these improve or go away with accutane?

Hi,

I was told by my dermatologist that red marks will go away, but the scarring won't. You can still get rid of them through laser treatments or other methods...so they are not that "permanent" lol~~