Notifications
Clear all

Round Two. Fingers Crossed. 27/f

MemberMember
(@emmygirl)

Posted : 05/05/2015 2:56 pm

Your response made me cry 3wishes14 because it just feels good to not feel alone. It's miserable dealing with acne, of course, but then having it come back after Accutane and doing a second course AND not to mention been dealing with acne for much of my life.. It just gets hard after awhile! I feel better knowing your skin finally gave you a break at 65 days, which is rapidly approaching for me ;) I can't believe my third month appointment is next Friday!

MemberMember
(@3wishes14)

Posted : 05/05/2015 4:05 pm

Your response made me cry 3wishes14 because it just feels good to not feel alone. It's miserable dealing with acne, of course, but then having it come back after Accutane and doing a second course AND not to mention been dealing with acne for much of my life.. It just gets hard after awhile! I feel better knowing your skin finally gave you a break at 65 days, which is rapidly approaching for me ;) I can't believe my third month appointment is next Friday! I'll be halfway done!

Awww!! Glad to know you're not feeling alone

Definitely. It's played such a huge part in our lives. But there are treatments for scarring out there and i'm looking forward to looking into those once i've been off accutane for a while! Or maybe it's not even that crazy to just think that one day I may accept myself for who I am/what I look like.

Emmygirl liked
MemberMember
(@emmygirl)

Posted : 02/01/2016 10:42 pm

I've actually been done with this course for about 3 months and have had some tiny pimples here and there but for the most part my skin has been clear. I will say, I have developed a small rash on the lower part of my jaw, near my ears, on both sides :/ I think it's ketosis pilaris, and retin a seems to be helping but it's still pretty bad. Anyone else experience this? It's teeny, tiny bumps, not painful but itchy and annoying! Any advice wouldbe helpful!!

MemberMember
(@emmygirl)

Posted : 05/15/2016 10:16 pm

Just wanted to come back and say the second round didn't work either. Here I am, 6 months later, just like the first round, broke out. So now I guess I'm going to start trying topicals and hope for the best :/. Just in case anyone else is struggling after learning their second course didn't work. Good luck everyone. 

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/16/2016 12:09 pm

i'm sorry it didn't work :( I hope topicals will help! Good luck! Don't lose hope!!

MemberMember
(@emmygirl)

Posted : 05/24/2017 7:48 pm

I thought I would come back after a year to say the topicals completely got rid of my acne, and now I get a few tiny pimples but mostly clear skin. I know it feels absolutely hopeless when accutane doesn't work, especially for a second time, but be proactive and get on a maintenance plan. I used a typical antibiotic and a retinoid and really, after a week or so had clear skin. I think I needed a little bit of patience and the accutane did its thing. :)

MemberMember
(@artemis_aurora)

Posted : 07/14/2017 5:25 am

Hey emmygirl!

I'm also currently on my second course of accutane and into month 2. Don't remember the IB being quite as bad but it's probably because I keep remembering how much my skin was clear before after my first course finished... Here's hoping things will go the same this time round.

I can totally relate to that feeling, that remembering the first course going pretty good but feeling the second one now going as successfully... maybe our memory is flawed?