Notifications
Clear all

I Am Beginning The Oratane Journey!

MemberMember
(@eliselouise)

Posted : 03/02/2015 4:34 am

I'm just using cetaphil cleanser and cetaphil moisteriser at night and a neutrogena oil free spf 15 one for under my make up. My skin keeps breaking out, small red pimples on my neck and over my face - I am so freaking over this right now. I pretty much have zero hope left that my skin will ever clear

MemberMember
(@nomoreplease13)

Posted : 03/02/2015 6:11 am

Can I join in? So after nearly a month of decent looking skin, I'm back to shit. When will this ever end? Inflammation is coming back and while it is less than when I started (perspective) I don't want to deal with this again. Just clear up and let me move acne, we are over.

Hope everyone else is feeling ok.

MemberMember
(@eliselouise)

Posted : 03/15/2015 5:08 am

You can totally join in! Yep I hear you. You think wow accutane is working, finally! And then they come back... I have quite a few at the moment and whilst they are small, make up doesn't really cover them. They are tiny but so obvious, which is such a juxtaposition... :< I go and see my derm on the 9th April, by then it will be close to 7.5 months I've been on it! Such crap... I'm in a terrible mood right now but still, such crap. Nearly 7.5 months for gods sake and I'm still breaking out. What's going to happen when I come off it completely? Which at this rate will be never... ARGHHHHHHHHHH

MemberMember
(@eliselouise)

Posted : 03/20/2015 8:46 pm

My skin just keeps getting worse.... every day I wake up with new spots. I just can't believe it. I'm at my wits end and feel like shit.

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 03/21/2015 12:01 pm

Im so sorry and i am in the SAME boat!!!

I cant imagine one of these people saying tane changed my life, or it was the best decision for me!

Im so annoyed and frustarted..my left side was completely clear about a week ago and now I have 4 new breakouts

yes they are relatively small but still..everytime i think things have changed, I wake up to new spots

Like you my mood is in the toilet

Im in my 5th mnth and see derm wed

I dont know what to do anymore?

Did u change your products?

i wtill wonder if what I am uisng could be the cause..id ont know what else is going on?

what dose are u on..and after 7mnth what is your cum dose now?

kim

MemberMember
(@nomoreplease13)

Posted : 03/23/2015 11:39 pm

I have recently (last 3 weeks) come of my antiobiotics and am seeing a little bit of inflammation come back .... FFS. I don't really want to go back on the antibiotics but I also don't want the inflammation any more!

I think its perspective though - once you have seen some improvement it is so sh!t to regress, but is it as bad as when you first started? That's what I ask myself, and it's not as bad, but it is f&cking annoying!

EliseLouise - how often do you see your Derm? I have to go pay mine $100+ a month to sit in his waiting room, be annoyed by his receptionists, and get 2 minutes with God himself.

MemberMember
(@eliselouise)

Posted : 03/28/2015 1:39 am

Im so sorry and i am in the SAME boat!!!

I cant imagine one of these people saying tane changed my life, or it was the best decision for me!

Im so annoyed and frustarted..my left side was completely clear about a week ago and now I have 4 new breakouts

yes they are relatively small but still..everytime i think things have changed, I wake up to new spots

Like you my mood is in the toilet

Im in my 5th mnth and see derm wed

I dont know what to do anymore?

Did u change your products?

i wtill wonder if what I am uisng could be the cause..id ont know what else is going on?

what dose are u on..and after 7mnth what is your cum dose now?

kim

Hey Kim,

I am still on 40mg/day, I actually see my derm on the 9th April, started a new job so didn't want to take time off and I have graduation that day so seeing him in the morning. Just praying to god my skin is ok for graduation, esp with easter the weekend before ugh. Haven't changed products or anything, its killing me. What products do you use? What's your dose?

I should have taken pictures when it was pretty bad, I took some the other week and my scarring on my cheek i swear has gotten worse, my skin is so red. I will put them up tomorrow

I have recently (last 3 weeks) come of my antiobiotics and am seeing a little bit of inflammation come back .... FFS. I don't really want to go back on the antibiotics but I also don't want the inflammation any more!

I think its perspective though - once you have seen some improvement it is so sh!t to regress, but is it as bad as when you first started? That's what I ask myself, and it's not as bad, but it is f&cking annoying!

EliseLouise - how often do you see your Derm? I have to go pay mine $100+ a month to sit in his waiting room, be annoyed by his receptionists, and get 2 minutes with God himself.

Oh wow you are off them? How long were you on them? Maybe its your body just getting used to not being on them anymore and it will settle down soon? I hope thats the case! I am so scared to come off them...

It's not as bad I agree but still so annoying to have semi ok skin for a little while there and now having new break outs EVERY SINGLE DAY. I swear that is worse off then before I even was on accutane!! I haven't seen my derm since like the beginning of january because I was starting a new job and he gave me a 3 month supply. But agreed, he is always running late and I am in there for like 5 mins (that's probably pushing it). I always seem to go when my skin is "ok" so it looks like I'm progressing really well. So frustrating. I think i'll cry if he says it's time to come off them - really worried how my skin will go sans drugs....

MemberMember
(@nomoreplease13)

Posted : 03/29/2015 7:38 pm

I saw my Derm last week (my skin is the opposite to yours, it misbehaves when I see him!) and I don't have to go back for 3 months!!!! He gave me a 4 month prescription so I don't run out and said I only need to go back if something comes up that concerns me, YAY!

I am about half way now, but he did say that he wants me clear for a full month before he will take me off. I can work with that.

I was on the antibiotics for 5 months. They did a great job, but I worried that I would build resistance and if it comes back I would be stuck :|

How long have you been taking Oratane now?

MemberMember
(@eliselouise)

Posted : 04/19/2015 4:42 am

I saw my Derm last week (my skin is the opposite to yours, it misbehaves when I see him!) and I don't have to go back for 3 months!!!! He gave me a 4 month prescription so I don't run out and said I only need to go back if something comes up that concerns me, YAY!

I am about half way now, but he did say that he wants me clear for a full month before he will take me off. I can work with that.

I was on the antibiotics for 5 months. They did a great job, but I worried that I would build resistance and if it comes back I would be stuck :|

How long have you been taking Oratane now?

Yay for not going back for 3 months, makes it soo much easier to not have to sit and wait and pay so much to see him for like 2 minutes.

I saw him a week and a bit a go and I got my final months prescription... 3 weeks to go and then I'm done.... I hope to god I stay clear. It will be 8 months that I was on it.. seems crazy. I don't know if I am having unrealistic expectations and if I get any pimples in the future I will start freaking out that my acne is coming back haha. I still can't not wear make up without being self conscious though. Still have the blackheads/enlarged pores and I look blotchy and red and just not .... nice. I hope one day I will be able to go to work or something without having to wear make up.

I don't know if I'll continue to keep using Cetaphil (in a while once I've really come off accutane), I like the facewash but not so keen on the moisteriser. For night it's ok but I look very shiny. I don't even know what products I would start using as I have tried that many and they were all targeted towards acne. Maybe I will just stick with the Cetaphil range. Can't wait to eventually be able to try get rid of my sun spot that is on my cheek below my eye. Make up doesn't cover it (like AT ALL) and it looks quite ugly. Think I'm getting a few more on my chin and nose (only very small though, my cheek one is very noticeable) so want to try get rid of them if I can.... anyone have any knowledge of procedures? Not even sure when my skin will not be so sensitive to do so!

I will actually post some pics at the end of the 3 weeks, meant to do it a month or so ago but just been so busy.Can't believe my journey is nearly over!

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 04/19/2015 3:14 pm

Im just finishing 5 mnths and feel like i have been on this med for alifetime and am at the end of my rope

If my skin looked good of course i wouldnt mind staying on tane

BUT I am dry, right, red....look older.....and Im still getting small small spots every few days :(

GOOD LUCK TO YOu!
Hope your skin improves more and more after tane

kim

MemberMember
(@nomoreplease13)

Posted : 04/22/2015 11:57 pm

FYI - I decided to try out a Revlon foundation. I went for the ColorStay Whipped Creme. Today is first day using it, I will let you know how it compares to the EL Double Wear.

MemberMember
(@eliselouise)

Posted : 05/02/2015 9:47 pm

I am still randomly breaking out, pretty sure I am never going to have clear skin...ever. Bit depressing.

Keep up the water to keep your skin hydrated and stack on the moisturiser. Hope your skin improves too!!