Notifications
Clear all

Accutime! 20/m - Accutane Log

MemberMember
(@harry1993)

Posted : 07/10/2014 9:48 am

I'm SOOOOOOO excited to finally be making this accutane log, after snooping the forum for many months and reading dozens of progress threads, the time has finally came to start my own journey. I went to see my dermatologist for the 1st time yesterday and I told him I wanted to try accutane after numerous other drugs have failed, he thought it was the best option and took a blood test the same day. Earlier I got my blood results so I can officially start it! (He prescribed it yesterday but told me to wait till today). I heard some people have to wait like a month before starting, talk about awesome dermatologist or what.

So my starting dosage is 40mg a day for the first 6 weeks, and then he wants to double it. I'll provide pictures throughout the process once my phone is unlocked to really see the transformation. (Hopefully). I've stocked up on moisturisers so here goes, let's hope the odds are in my favour!

If anyone wishes to ask me anything, please feel free.

Accutane Log

July 10th - Day 1 - No noticeable symptoms (except the feeling of euphoria)

Rachelwp and leelowe1 liked
MemberMember
(@mandycandy)

Posted : 07/10/2014 10:53 am

Good luck to ya!

Harry1993 liked
MemberMember
(@harry1993)

Posted : 07/18/2014 12:24 pm

Day 9 - I have no idea where the past 8 days have gone, they literally flew by! In terms of side effects, the corners of my lips definitely feel quite sore, I don't feel like my skin has started to dry out yet and I have a feeling that the initial breakout is on it's way.

MemberMember
(@harry1993)

Posted : 07/23/2014 8:08 pm

Day 14 - My lips are getting even more dry, the same with the inside of my nose. My skin still feels as oily as it was before so hopefully something major will happen in the next 2 weeks. (Even a breakout I'd get excited over at this point). I thought about it and think because I weight around 75kg on 40mg dosage, it's taking longer to get in my system (I read it can take about a month).

2 weeks down, around 4 weeks till my next appointment, which my derm indicated I'll go up to 80mg.

I'll upload pictures when there's a noticeable change, I'm keeping them stored in my phone till a later point in the treatment.

MemberMember
(@rachelwp)

Posted : 07/23/2014 9:38 pm

I'm SOOOOOOO excited to finally be making this accutane log, after snooping the forum for many months and reading dozens of progress threads, the time has finally came to start my own journey. I went to see my dermatologist for the 1st time yesterday and I told him I wanted to try accutane after numerous other drugs have failed, he thought it was the best option and took a blood test the same day. Earlier I got my blood results so I can officially start it! (He prescribed it yesterday but told me to wait till today). I heard some people have to wait like a month before starting, talk about awesome dermatologist or what.

So my starting dosage is 40mg a day for the first 6 weeks, and then he wants to double it. I'll provide pictures throughout the process once my phone is unlocked to really see the transformation. (Hopefully). I've stocked up on moisturisers so here goes, let's hope the odds are in my favour!

If anyone wishes to ask me anything, please feel free.

Accutane Log

July 10th - Day 1 - No noticeable symptoms (except the feeling of euphoria)

I was the same way on Day 1 and now I'm starting the second month and still euphoric!

Harry1993 liked
MemberMember
(@harry1993)

Posted : 07/30/2014 1:51 pm

Day 21 -

Not really much to report, lips have been continuously dry and skin too. My skin seems a bit more red in the past week and the pores on my nose seem to be more noticeable/larger. I'm now half way through my first prescription of medication so I'll be seeing my dermatologist in roughly 3 weeks where I'll probably have my dosage upped to 80mg a day. Not much to report on my back either, still looks like the same car crash it was before.

I'll upload pictures in 3 weeks with before accutane and how my skin currently looks.

MemberMember
(@harry1993)

Posted : 08/07/2014 10:57 am

Day 29 -

Not really much to say except my hair is less oily and I haven't had to use shampoo for 3 days. (The perks of accutane). My next appointment is less than 2 weeks away so will be interesting to see if they keep me and 40mg or raise me to 80mg.

MemberMember
(@supermush71)

Posted : 11/11/2014 7:12 am

Hi Harry, I was just looking on here for encouragement and inspiration and I was amazed by your before/after photos after Accutane. Could I possibly ask you, what do you use to cleanse/ moisturise your skin? Thanks in advance!