Notifications
Clear all

30/f Smiling And Ready To Kick Acne Out!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/28/2014 3:44 pm

"Then I made a followup appointment 1 month after when I got the original urine/blood tests done. (May 23)"

That's exactly what I dreaded! I'll have to wait 1 month!!!!

MemberMember
(@rachelwp)

Posted : 06/29/2014 7:13 pm

"Then I made a followup appointment 1 month after when I got the original urine/blood tests done. (May 23)"

That's exactly what I dreaded! I'll have to wait 1 month!!!!

Unfortunately this is true. I just went through the same thing. My dr. didn't know I had to wait 30 days and acted like she was calling the prescription in, but called to tell me you have to wait 30 days. iPledge won't let them enter anything early. It was so frustrating so I totally understand.

CatMama you are doing great! I can really tell a difference already!

MemberMember
(@catmama)

Posted : 07/04/2014 1:55 pm

Day 37.

I wanted to update on some pictures to see (hey, I got new hair too).

Inside nose still extremely dry.

Dry lips. Today when I woke up they were sealed together and I had to apply force to pull them open. (Gross, I know). Check out how more pink my lips are when they are dry. At least I get a bonus of some added color!

Hair feels more dry and brittle.

Still breaking out here and there, more so on my cheeks. The jawline seems to be clearing up for now.

Nothing on my face in these pictures, just woke up.

14573067432_24e63a37f3_b.jpg

14593956503_1857e4e227_b.jpg

14573067562_66b44dc6af_b.jpg

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/04/2014 2:04 pm

Dramatic Improvement! Can't wait to see the results at the end of your course.

Good Luck Lady!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/04/2014 4:47 pm

May I say..BEAUTIFUL ????

MemberMember
(@rachelwp)

Posted : 07/04/2014 9:29 pm

That's an awesome progression already! Awesome!!!

MemberMember
(@catmama)

Posted : 07/04/2014 11:03 pm

Thanks ladies! <3

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/05/2014 1:33 am

I keep looking at your pictures and I can't believe it's only been day 37. Seems like you've only been improving without a worsening of the acne which is the case for most people. Many get things "pushed out to the surface" and when I read their blogs in the absence of pictures it seems like they're going through the worst time of their acne life lol. Did u have any actives when you started Accutane or was it mostly pigmentation? Were you on any retinoids right before you got on accutane?

MemberMember
(@ocnblitzgmail-com)

Posted : 07/05/2014 3:35 am

Looking fantastic

MemberMember
(@catmama)

Posted : 07/05/2014 12:34 pm

I keep looking at your pictures and I can't believe it's only been day 37. Seems like you've only been improving without a worsening of the acne which is the case for most people. Many get things "pushed out to the surface" and when I read their blogs in the absence of pictures it seems like they're going through the worst time of their acne life lol. Did u have any actives when you started Accutane or was it mostly pigmentation? Were you on any retinoids right before you got on accutane?

I am still getting small cysts here or there. For example I woke up with a new cyst today on my upper left cheek. One thing I noticed is when on Accutane any new spots I get tend to dry out or heal much quicker. I'm still horrible at not picking though. My nose is totally being pushed out. If you touch it you can feel all the spots being pushed out. It's crazy, I've never felt anything like this before.

I definitely had actives. This is a picture from the end of April. Hope it helps you compare!

I was on Spironolactone until the end of April but I had to stop taking it as it really negatively impacted my monthly cycle and had such painful side effects. My dermatologist wanted me to keep taking it until I switched to Absorica but I couldn't do it so there were a few weeks where I was basically on nothing.

Looking fantastic

Thank you!

MemberMember
(@mandycandy)

Posted : 07/08/2014 10:00 am

CatMama, I see results already! Thats great!!

MemberMember
(@catmama)

Posted : 07/08/2014 12:53 pm

CatMama, I see results already! Thats great!!

Thank you!

Also a note to myself: Never leave home without some type of lip balm! I had a long unexpected day running errands and when changing my bag I accidentally forgot to add my usual lip balm to it. I noticed quickly that I forgot it. It turned into hours of licking my lips to try to keep them wet so I didn't look like a zombie. When I got home I looked in the mirror and cringed. Total zombie mode.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/08/2014 2:13 pm

posts like that give a huge endearing smile on my face :)

MemberMember
(@catmama)

Posted : 07/16/2014 6:23 pm

A positive being on Accutane during the Summer is your hair is so dry it never gets oily. I can sweat all day long and go days without washing it and yet my hair looks fresh all the time.

ambermo and leelowe1 liked
MemberMember
(@catmama)

Posted : 07/24/2014 2:34 pm

Another bonus: When traveling I usually packed a whole bag full of acne products from lotions to spot treatments to gels. I just had to travel and I had 3 little bottles (cleanser, moisturizer, cream). That's it! Wild....

Starting Month 3 in a few days. I'll be back with updated pictures.

Rachelwp liked
MemberMember
(@catmama)

Posted : 07/28/2014 11:42 am

Starting my 3rd month, today is Day 61.

Getting my pills was no problem this month (unlike last month). Target didn't have them in stock so I had to wait a day but I'll live with that. I'm still taking Absorica 30MG twice a day (morning and night). My receipt said that without insurance these pills would have been over $1900. With insurance and coupon card they were $10 again.

How's it going? Overall pretty good. I had a few new spots on my higher cheek and my chin but as I write this right now I don't have any big active ones. I also noticed the sides of my face generally getting smoother.

The inside of my nose is dry so I've been putting Vaseline in it before bed every night. Also the corner of my mouth cracked so I've been applying Aquaphor and lip balm all the time.

Here are pictures:

14766328004_00eaac271b_b.jpg

14581977980_38396f10f8_b.jpg

14745677936_7aa1d15e17_b.jpg

MemberMember
(@rachelwp)

Posted : 07/28/2014 10:28 pm

Nice progression pics! You can definitely see a big difference! Yay!!!

MemberMember
(@july22014)

Posted : 07/29/2014 6:25 pm

Thank you so much for this blog and documenting your experience! I am 29 (going on 30) and after years of acne and trying EVERYTHING, I am about to start Accutane in a week in hope of living a normal adult life. Instead of worrying about normal things like bills, work, friends and family I constantly worry about my skin :(

You are looking FABULOUS and this give me so much HOPE! Thank you!

MemberMember
(@catmama)

Posted : 07/30/2014 11:01 am

Thank you guys!

@july22104 I can totally relate to what you're going through! Good luck and let me know if you have any questions!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 08/01/2014 7:23 pm

Fantastic progress mama! Your attitude has been wonderful through your entire course. I was thinking of trying Spiro, what's your take on it? Did you get an initial breakout? Side Effects? Did it help your acne at all ? (your acne is in the usual hormonal places too)

MemberMember
(@catmama)

Posted : 08/03/2014 3:07 pm

Fantastic progress mama! Your attitude has been wonderful through your entire course. I was thinking of trying Spiro, what's your take on it? Did you get an initial breakout? Side Effects? Did it help your acne at all ? (your acne is in the usual hormonal places too)

Thank you!

I was on it for a few months and I did continue to break out during this time. It did help some of my jawline bumps slightly but it was nothing severe in getting rid of them completely or close to. The side effects were very hash on me to the point of I had to stop. My monthly cycle lasted all month so I was bleeding lightly (and sometimes heavier) all month long. Also the cramps it caused were brutal to the point that I had to lay in bed for hours at a time while crying and being grumpy.

Lots of people have positive experiences with it but unfortunately it was too much for me!

I hope this helps!

leelowe1 liked
MemberMember
(@catmama)

Posted : 08/13/2014 2:37 pm

Hi guys,

Wanted to post a short update.

Today is 77 and it's the most weird, greatest feeling.... I have no active spots!

The last few weeks I've had a couple here or there but right now I have none! I still have a few months left on this journey, but right now I'm feeling extremely happy that I decided to make a change and take Accutane. The weirdest thing is waking up in the morning or getting out of the shower at night and not be completely disappointed by what you see. I've already noticed a small increase in how I feel about myself and how I've wanted to see more friends, do new things.

Here are pictures from today.

14909215192_d4d88fdc65_b.jpg

14722959258_7fbdc14f7c_b.jpg

14909569965_f42c098837_b.jpg

See you next month!

MemberMember
(@mandycandy)

Posted : 08/13/2014 2:44 pm

Yay, there is no blemish in sight!! Great results Catmama!

MemberMember
(@rachelwp)

Posted : 08/13/2014 4:54 pm

OMG not a blemish at all! You look incredible!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/13/2014 11:24 pm

Wow, you look so much happier and more confident. Always been pretty :) congrats!