Notifications
Clear all

Low Dose Accutane - Journey To Finally Being Clear

MemberMember
(@lifeinfaith)

Posted : 02/01/2015 4:33 pm

Entering my last 5 weeks....Have my last bloodwork with the accutane tomorrow. I am ready to be done!! With the winter my face and lips are soooo dry. I have an achy back pretty frequently now and pull muscles by hardly doing anything. My skin is perfect though :) No pimples in monthssss. Almost there!!!

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 02/01/2015 4:38 pm

AWEEEESSSOOMMEE

I know it varies but do u remember when u stopped breaking out and do u know what your cum. dose will be (low dose for longer but is your cum total still within rec range?)

weight:130

currently on 60mg (bumped up from 20 than 40)

Im currently in week #10 and have had the worst breakouts ever

feeling discouraged but hoping to see some improvement soon

kim

MemberMember
(@lifeinfaith)

Posted : 02/17/2015 12:37 am

I had a little purging in the first month and was completely clear by month 2. I literally haven't had a real pimple since then. My acne was already partially controlled with Spiro and years of retinoid use though...I know for most it is a few months until clearing.

I will have 150mg/kg in 3 weeks which is the 120-150mg/kg recommendation. I weigh 100, so 8 months at 30 mg a day will get me there.

You could always ask to drop down and go for longer if the side effects are getting to you. There have been a few days I have doubled up (to make up for skipped doses) and my face gets soo irritated and sensitive and everything parched, I don't know how people get through larger doses. Keep going, this drug will clear you it just needs time!

AWEEEESSSOOMMEE

I know it varies but do u remember when u stopped breaking out and do u know what your cum. dose will be (low dose for longer but is your cum total still within rec range?)

weight:130

currently on 60mg (bumped up from 20 than 40)

Im currently in week #10 and have had the worst breakouts ever

feeling discouraged but hoping to see some improvement soon

kim

MemberMember
(@lifeinfaith)

Posted : 03/17/2015 4:08 pm

Hi everyone,

I finished Accutane 2 weeks ago and just had my follow-up bloodwork and derm apt to clear me! My liver and other bloodwork has been fine this entire time. So far, I have noticed that a little of the oil is coming back mostly on my forehead and that my lips have gone back to normal! My back and achiness have become less, not totally gone, but less. Ive been working out a lot without the weird soreness.

Overall, the Accutane cleared me during month 2 and I have been totally clear since. For anyone considering it, who is in good health, I would definitely do it. I was nervous at first, but in my opinion, the temporary side effects were more of an annoyance than anything. It was well worth the freedom and confidence that it provided. It not only took the acne away, but also took the anxiety and stress away that came with acne. Extremely freeing. I know my face will not be perfect every day, but I hope the results are long lasting. My derm prescribed me Differin and Finacea at my request (I had used both before and these two were my favs) in case I need to treat anything around that time of the month etc. I am stocking up before I move to Florida to start Physician Assistant School in May! I am ready for this new adventure! If anyone is considering accutane or has a question feel free to PM me.

Britt1011 liked
MemberMember
(@lifeinfaith)

Posted : 07/10/2016 10:54 pm

Update - I haven't checked this site in a long time. Since I finished accutane I have not had acne problems now over one year post treatment. I get the occasional tiny pimple or clogged pore near my hairline but nothing that lasts. This drug is truly amazing!

MemberMember
(@josh15)

Posted : 07/12/2016 6:36 pm

Congrats on Accutane, I think we have similar acne! Just clogged pores but persistent everywhere. Going to start soon I think, wish me luck