Notifications
Clear all

About To Start Accutane - Aged 32

MemberMember
(@kim0728)

Posted : 04/23/2014 11:38 pm

Thanks for posting! I'm into my second week at 40 mg, doing fine for now except for the dreaded IB. I'm breaking out in places I never thought I would, like under my eyebrows and behind my ear. Ouch! Hoping I'll get bumped up to 60 mg on my next appointment, like you did. My oily skin is gone and looks a lot smoother without all my large, clogged pores. I'm loving that part!

Hang in there! We'll be better at the end of this journey, like so many others!

MemberMember
(@ja19perf)

Posted : 04/24/2014 7:54 pm

I've been doing The Regimen for a month and have had a little success on my face. I went to the dermatologist today and he re commended accutane for me. I'm nervous to try it because of the side affects. I'm 33 year old male and have big oil glands with cystic acne. What should I do any help

MemberMember
(@kim28)

Posted : 04/24/2014 10:03 pm

Hey, Peaches! Glad everything is going well!

I'm entering my sixth month now - time flies. Those big nasty cysts always take the longest to go! I had one on my cheek that hung on for dear life until around day 80. BUT NOW IT IS GONE! Yay for Accutane.

MemberMember
(@peaches28)

Posted : 04/29/2014 3:35 pm

I've been doing The Regimen for a month and have had a little success on my face. I went to the dermatologist today and he re commended accutane for me. I'm nervous to try it because of the side affects. I'm 33 year old male and have big oil glands with cystic acne. What should I do any help

My advice would be if you feel that your acne is effecting your life go for it. I was so upset and u happy and losing myself in the acne issues. I was terrified of starting because of scary side effects but at the end of the day if those happen you can stop taking the medication. At the minute I'm just a month in and on 60mg and so far so good nothing major in the way of clear skin to report but also no side effects that can't be managed and tolerated after years of acne. Good luck no matter what you chose to do it's just good to make decisions and feel in control.

Hey, Peaches! Glad everything is going well!

I'm entering my sixth month now - time flies. Those big nasty cysts always take the longest to go! I had one on my cheek that hung on for dear life until around day 80. BUT NOW IT IS GONE! Yay for Accutane.

Ugh damn cysts they are horrible buggers glad you are doing well and killing those cysts with the tane

MemberMember
(@peaches28)

Posted : 05/13/2014 4:39 pm

Day 45 ok so the supper massive cysts have got slightly less supper massive! Small steps but at least it's going in the right direction. I have been coping ok on the 60 mg but last few days I've developed rashes on the tops of my legs and also around my elbows and forearms. My skin on my face has got really dry under my lips and on my chin. The sore cracked lips persist but they aren't too bad, some days are worse than others.

Anyway I'm still feeling positive I want these bad cyst suckers to die, hate the way people look at me like "ermmm do you know you have five big lumps on your face - what's up with that?" Ugh, still when ever I feel low I just stick the Pharell HAppy song on and have a 5 second dance party!

How's things with you guys?

Hugs

Peaches x

MemberMember
(@rachelwp)

Posted : 05/15/2014 11:56 am

Hi! I'm new to the forum and I'm hoping to start accutane within the next month. I have the first appointment Tuesday. I relate to your posts because I'm in my thirties as well. It seems most people on it are teenagers. I'm super nervous and excited. I've exhausted every single option three times over. This is my last step. Good luck as you continue the treatment and I hope to be joining you guys soon!

MemberMember
(@peaches28)

Posted : 05/25/2014 7:04 am

Day 58 - I have begun to get super dry and itchy all over - worst on my legs. Honestly sometimes the itchiness makes me want to peel my skin off pop it down and jump Ina nice ice cold bath. Just me lying there with my itchy skin suit beside me gross image sorry :-). Skin wise no major changes skin clear except for the super cysts, the three on my left cheek have shrunk considerably but still huge. The others are smaller but still feel sore and active and still massive which I think just makes you notice the others more.

Coping with dryness and itching using aveeno body creme and sudocreme on the worst bits of my body. On face using avenno and aquaphore at night - great news is I'm not as dry there now so can wear a wee bit of foundation again.

Hi! I'm new to the forum and I'm hoping to start accutane within the next month. I have the first appointment Tuesday. I relate to your posts because I'm in my thirties as well. It seems most people on it are teenagers. I'm super nervous and excited. I've exhausted every single option three times over. This is my last step. Good luck as you continue the treatment and I hope to be joining you guys soon!

MemberMember
(@peaches28)

Posted : 06/05/2014 6:18 pm

Day 69 - is anyone still out there? Not sure if I'm just posting to myself but oh well still feels good to know others are in the same boats as me. Hated feeling alone in this.

Had derm today and he is still pleased. I have one large active cyst still clinging on for dear life but he is sure it will go. Bad news the other cysts have left big raised scars, I thought they were just still going down but the derm says no that it is scar tissue I was pretty bummed out by this. However he said once I'm finished my tane he will inject the scars and that should take care of them.

How's everyone else doing? X

MemberMember
(@catmama)

Posted : 06/06/2014 12:14 pm

We're still reading! Nice to hear a update from you. Good luck with those scars.. sending you virtual good luck! :)

I'm on Day 10 here so I like to read yours to know what's possibly in store for me...

MemberMember
(@randomcen)

Posted : 06/15/2014 5:29 am

Well im on my 110 day? or something around there i dun really keep track . but active acne are no more for me but u know lots of acne marks which is annoying and 1 cyst on my left cheeks derm said that if i have no more cysts for next appointment he would go prescribe me cream for my acne marks . im taking 10 mg a day . I hate the acne marks ... its just make me look horrible up close .... how about you .

MemberMember
(@peaches28)

Posted : 06/29/2014 6:32 pm

Day 94

Hi everyone, how are you all doing? I'm still plodding along here, last 4 weeks things have got tougher as side effects have increased so many skin rashes, dryness, blurry vision, sore joints and dry nose - had all of these before but the severity has increased. Also unfortunately i gavent seen much change in my skin the cysts are still there little stuborn $#%/ . This has made coping with the side effects harder as initally I hacks side effect but could see improvements too which made me feel positive. I haven't seen much improvement in the last month. I'm still feeling positive though overall, seeing derm for my check up on Thursday so we will see what he has to say.

Hope you are all well.

Well im on my 110 day? or something around there i dun really keep track . but active acne are no more for me but u know lots of acne marks which is annoying and 1 cyst on my left cheeks derm said that if i have no more cysts for next appointment he would go prescribe me cream for my acne marks . im taking 10 mg a day . I hate the acne marks ... its just make me look horrible up close .... how about you .

MemberMember
(@rachelwp)

Posted : 06/29/2014 6:58 pm

So sorry about the cysts scar tissue! Hopefully your Dr. can take care of it. I'm also on Day 10 so it's interesting to read what's going to happen!

Hang in there!