(@clearsummer)

Posted : 01/20/2014 6:09 pm

Day 40

Skin very dry, that is all.

MemberMember
(@clearsummer)

Posted : 01/23/2014 2:53 pm

Day 41-43

Little breakout on my chin, other from that though all seems to be calming down a bit. Rather than getting whiteheads, I've been getting flat red spots that aren't inflamed a lot... Skin very dry still, afraid to put moisturiser on though, in case of it causing a breakout.

MemberMember
(@xfabix)

Posted : 01/25/2014 9:50 pm

Get some pics up ! Also 17 and on 70mg .. il be starting my 3rd month on the 5th hopfully .. didnt really have an initial breakout , i dont think .. but it felt like it a few days ago , had a break out with like 6 new pipmples 3 pretty big and one on my nose (sucks) anyhow.. hoping that will go away because the results we're looking good.. keep it up and check out my log if you feel like it ! :D

MemberMember
(@clearsummer)

Posted : 01/26/2014 11:55 am

Yeah I just checked your log xfabix - it sounds as though we are at the same stage, apart from that your face isn't really breaking out anymore!

Day 44-46

While my jawline and chin continue to dry out and heal, less spots are occuring there I reckon,, I'm beginning to break out in places that haven't bothered me before I took accutane. My upper cheeks have got big painful red spots that are yet to come to a head - a big worrying. I have a derm appointment on the 3rd of Feb, where I expect to be put up a dose to 40mg/day, as at my weight (68kg) it sounds as though 20mg/day is too low for the first two months - although my skin has been getting quite dry at this lower dose, so maybe my body requires less of it!?

By the way, I need to be finished on accutane by early June, as I don't want to be on the drug over the exam period, and as they are my A2 levels, I need to study hard for them. Also I'm going on holiday in July with friends, so I will be drinking alcohol then and it'll be wise to not be on the drug during this period especially!

Otherwise, dry skin around the jaw, of which I'm scared to treat with moisturiser, as I'm afraid that it'll break me out!

Finally, my biggest worry is that my face is a redder colour than the rest of my body, while my neck is a nice tanned brown/white colour, my chin and upwards seem to be especially red. I'm positive that the accutane will clear me up, the red skin may be a harder problem to tackle!

Trying to stay positive!

MemberMember
(@xfabix)

Posted : 01/26/2014 7:45 pm

Actually my newest post says that I got a new break out and it sucks >.< I have a huge zit like in the middle of my nose inbetween my eyes .. (LAME) apart from that i have like 3 other ones on the side and 2 little ones near my mouth that are going away.. not too bad i suppose , but im also on a higher dose soo even though we're at similar dates im higher up the treatment , only 2 months left.. will see how that goes. Im worried about my scars staying

MemberMember
(@clearsummer)

Posted : 01/27/2014 7:25 am

yeah scars worry me too, I'm planning on going on for 6 months overall, so maybe by the end we will have had the same dosage?

MemberMember
(@joy4ever)

Posted : 01/27/2014 9:07 am

I'm also worried A lot about scarring. Well.. Lets hope for the Best. I wish u guys the Best luck. Currently at Day 76 :)

MemberMember
(@xfabix)

Posted : 01/27/2014 7:39 pm

Yeahh .. Hopefully it wont be too bad , Im going on for 4 since thats what my derm gave me but yeah , hopefully they wont be too bad or atleast will fade later on , especially the deeper ones , anyhow im on day 50-ish out of 121 so yeah.. nearly half way. Good luck guys ! get some pics up too.

MemberMember
(@vojta3476)

Posted : 01/28/2014 6:50 pm

Crazy how fast time is going... approaching day 50 myself. Face is not anywhere near perfect, but is probably the clearest it's been in the past year or so. Back of my neck and chin are super dry and flaky, I try to moisturize really well every morning. Got a huge bottle of some new Suave ultra-dry skin moisturizer for like $2.99 and I actually really like it.

Scarring-wise, I'm optimistic that things are going to continue to lighten up and heal nicely. If nothing else, I'll get that laser scar removal treatment at the end of my Accutane cycle and hopefully that will help with the hyper pigmentation (if not the skin surface irregularities). Best of luck everyone!

MemberMember
(@clearsummer)

Posted : 01/31/2014 6:50 pm

Day 47-51

Had my worst breakout ever over these last few days, my face has never looked as bad! Spots popping up all over the place and I'm losing confidence all the time. Derm appointment in 3 days and I have no idea what'll happen. Confused as to why I'm breaking out so bad considering I've been on 20mg/day for nearly 2 months! Will the derm raise my dose or keep it the same!? I will be finishing this course before my exams in June and want to reach the correct cumulative dosage by then, so I'm very confused right now.

MemberMember
(@xfabix)

Posted : 02/01/2014 11:23 pm

Day 47-51

Had my worst breakout ever over these last few days, my face has never looked as bad! Spots popping up all over the place and I'm losing confidence all the time. Derm appointment in 3 days and I have no idea what'll happen. Confused as to why I'm breaking out so bad considering I've been on 20mg/day for nearly 2 months! Will the derm raise my dose or keep it the same!? I will be finishing this course before my exams in June and want to reach the correct cumulative dosage by then, so I'm very confused right now.

I had a break out about half way through month 2 too , and i was pissed off too but it all faded out slowly and right now Im not getting any new pimples on my face just the ones that a broke out with before that are healing , i do get some on my neck and back still.. ahh 2 more months left , i hope it goes well.

MemberMember
(@clearsummer)

Posted : 02/03/2014 5:21 am

Day 52-54

Healing from that bad breakout still, went to the dermatologist this morning and my dose has been raised to 40mg/day. Both the derm and my parents keep telling me it's getting better, whether they're just saying that to keep me upbeat... I don't know. Onwards and upwards, maybe it is looking a bit better after that terrible day last week!?

MemberMember
(@milesconn)

Posted : 02/04/2014 4:04 am

Hey man I just read all your posts and just wanted to say I really appreciate it. I'm in a similar boat to you guys as I am 17, weigh 75kgs and on 20mg a day and on day 55. Its hard to find someone to relate to with the same specific situation.

MemberMember
(@milesconn)

Posted : 02/04/2014 4:05 am

So yeah thanks I hope you keep posting :)

MemberMember
(@clearsummer)

Posted : 02/04/2014 5:54 pm

milesconn -

Yeah I'm sure you've wondered whether your dosage is too low at only 20mg!? When's your next dermatologist appointment?

MemberMember
(@milesconn)

Posted : 02/05/2014 12:17 am

About a month. I saw him on around the 4th of December 2013 (when I took my first tablet) and I'm booked in for a 3 month review. I really don't feel any terrible side effects other than a little bit of back pain after the gym, dry eyes and a bit or dry skin so i reckon I'm ready to up my dosage. I haven't really seen any improvent so far in fact my skin looks worse but fingers crossed it gets better soon

MemberMember
(@clearsummer)

Posted : 02/06/2014 5:39 pm

Yeah I'm sure that after 3 months at 20mg your dosage will be upped! I haven't felt too many side effects apart from mildly dry skin and lips, on 20mg and the same now that I'm on 40mg!

MemberMember
(@clearsummer)

Posted : 02/09/2014 5:41 pm

Day 55-60

Haven't updated in a while and I've got to say that I think I'm actually seeing improvements! That last IB has finished healing and is now just red marks, while the jawline seems to have calmed down a bit, and as of now, I have 2 or 3 active spots, the lowest amount in a long time! I'm trying not to get too happy, as I've heard that it could all go downhill again and I could have another IB, however for the moment, I'm allowed to at least be a bit more confident!

Roll on the next 4 months!

MemberMember
(@clearsummer)

Posted : 02/17/2014 4:45 am

Day 61-68

This past week has been quite difficult for me. So I noticed that whilst I was still seeing improvement, that my face was extremely dry, including my parents telling me about this. So I decided to use the Cetaphil moisturiser that I haven't used that much on my whole journey so far! So a couple of days on it and I was breaking out all over the place, it was going back to the days of my IB! So a couple of days ago I stopped using it, and like magic, it stopped breaking out as much! Now I'm left with healing spots, that I'm sure was due to the moisturiser (which I've stopped using). I used a clay facial mask to calm down my face a bit too, which helped a lot! Now I'm back to feeling a bit better about the situation, at least better than I was a couple of days ago! Not quite sure what to do now though, should I go back to not moisturising, this has made me very aware of putting anything on my face while on accutane!

Anyway, things are calming down now and, as of now, I'm about halfway through my third month - on 40mg/day.

MemberMember
(@milesconn)

Posted : 02/18/2014 4:37 am

Dude I had exactly the same problem. I was using that cetaphil moisturizer every night for about two months and I was getting all these red marks and for the life of me couldn't figure out why. So I stopped using it to see what would happen a couple of weeks ago and the red marks started to go away I was so stoked. I definitely wouldn't put it all over my face again but it does come in handy for when I get some dry parts around my mouth and chin. All the best bro chin up

MemberMember
(@clearsummer)

Posted : 02/18/2014 6:39 pm

milesconn - Yeah do you reckon dabbing the moisturiser just on dry patches is better than putting it all over the face too!?

Also, what a coincidence, after stopping using the cetaphil moisturiser, breakouts have decreased a bunch!

MemberMember
(@milesconn)

Posted : 02/20/2014 4:42 pm

Yeah man using it on dry spots and when pimples peel a bit works well. Good to hear the breakouts are going down

MemberMember
(@clearsummer)

Posted : 02/20/2014 6:33 pm

Day 69-71

These last few days have been really good to me (I'd say since last Sunday - Day 67). Since I stopped using the moisturiser my face has calmed down a lot and I've barely seen any breakouts (about 1-2 minor spots per day). Having a blood test tomorrow to check how my body tackles the 40mg/day - shouldn't be a problem. Then I have an appointment in early March for my end of third month check up and the possibility of moving up a dosage maybe, who knows!?

MemberMember
(@clearsummer)

Posted : 02/28/2014 6:35 pm

Day 72-79

I had my 18th birthday this last week, therefore I had a few drinks, which I thought was fair enough. Anyway, I think this brought along a mini breakout, which has died out around now. Otherwise, I've noticed that maybe my skin tone is getting paler (which is better than it was) and my skin is a lot drier now! Have a derm appointment in a few days, will see what happens then!

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/28/2014 6:37 pm

Day 72-79

I had my 18th birthday this last week, therefore I had a few drinks, which I thought was fair enough. Anyway, I think this brought along a mini breakout, which has died out around now. Otherwise, I've noticed that maybe my skin tone is getting paler (which is better than it was) and my skin is a lot drier now! Have a derm appointment in a few days, will see what happens then!

Happy Birthday!

What are you using to combat the dryness?