Notifications
Clear all

My Journey - 23Yrs And Ready To Do This!

MemberMember
(@lalaland24)

Posted : 03/06/2014 11:30 am

1 MONTH

wow its been a month already! no new side effects- i think alot of my blackheads on my face have gone or are going- but im left with massive pores which could easily be mistaken for blackheads! no new spots on my face atm. very red!!!

my back has some patches that are really smooth but not much improvement yet-but its only the 1st month. chest is much better though- only one tiny spot this morning and a bit red :)

shoulders still breaking out but healing quickly and feeling smoother once healed so i think its just getting rid of all the junk under my skin.

still have bad rash on tops of hands :/ doesnt bother me just a bit weird...also my face isnt really peeling anymore. its not greasy either. just, dry without the peel(as long as i moisturize in the morning im fine all day)

MemberMember
(@lalaland24)

Posted : 03/08/2014 11:53 am

DAY 30 (i think)

so i have a massive boil like spot on the back of my shoulder! MASSIVE :( it seems to be drying out so hopefully it wont be around long...

MemberMember
(@breesy)

Posted : 03/08/2014 12:51 pm

Good luck with your progress :)

MemberMember
(@blissfulblue)

Posted : 03/08/2014 8:59 pm

DAY 30 (i think)

so i have a massive boil like spot on the back of my shoulder! MASSIVE it seems to be drying out so hopefully it wont be around long...

Keep your head up Lala, you'll get through this :) .

MemberMember
(@lalaland24)

Posted : 03/22/2014 7:12 am

DAY 44

so not been on in awhile. the top of my back is alot smoother now. the blackheads on my back have pretty much all gone. the middle of my back or just below the middle is bad but its just all the stuff being pushed out. my chest is completely clear and has been for a couple of weeks- no blackheads their either-so smoothe!! :)

my face was never my worst part to break out anyway but even that feels smooth. however my cheeks and nose are REALLY red and pores massive! which is not so great. my nose is still a bit rough around the tip.

i do wear makeup but not everyday. maybe 2-3 times a week- i take it off as soon as i can when i get home.

i have my next derm appt next friday so i hope my bloods are ok. ive had no new side effects.

overall im happy with my progress so far :D

MemberMember
(@lalaland24)

Posted : 06/05/2014 6:29 am

4 months

so here i am, my last day was yesterday!!!!i had my last derm appt a week ago and she said that since i have had no spots on my face for 2 months and none on my back for about 1 and a half months there is no need for more tablets.she thinks i have responded very well to treatment. i have got some scarring. on my back there are red patches where bad spots have been but its completely smooth. they may well fade as i think its hyper pigmentation? to be honest though it doesnt bother me that much. i have been starting to wear strappy tops without being stressed over who will see my skin.i feel great! i am nervous about stopping the tablets as to what my skin will do though. side effects really have not been bad for me at all. no mood changes and that was my biggest concern. mainly exzma .

all the best to everyone going through this journey! persevere! xx

MemberMember
(@lalaland24)

Posted : 06/27/2014 11:02 am

been 3 weeks since stopping....good so far :)

MemberMember
(@lalaland24)

Posted : 01/17/2015 9:03 am

ok so i haven't been on here in AGES but its been 8 months since stopping my treatment and all has been well- just the odd spot or two but it would go quickly.

until the weekend... i have broken out a it on my back again, not massively but enough to think about getting something topical to keep it at bay and make sure it doesn't go full blown bacne again! i know my derm did say to do this in this situation if it happened. then if that doesn't work to go back to her.

anyone had this experience? any advice would be appreciated :) thanks

MemberMember
(@greatdane)

Posted : 01/17/2015 4:07 pm

Hi Lalaland24 :)

I'm sorry to hear that your acne is coming back!

I know how terribly frustrating that is - I experienced somewhat the same after my first course of Accutane last year.

I was clear for about 5-6 months but then the acne started coming back (I only ever had acne on my face). I gave it a few months to see if it would stabilize or just go away again, but instead it just got progressively worse.

So now I'm back on a low dose Accutane course, and I'm definitely seeing improvements! And also, the side effects are much better this time around (but maybe thats due to the low dose of 20 mg/day) :)

So I can only recommend going back to your derm and get a professional opinion on your skin. For me, the drug started working much quicker and better than first time :)

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 04/06/2016 5:44 pm

Hey how is everything going?