Posted : 05/23/2013 6:32 pm

Statistics:

Male

15 yo

5'10

135 lbs

20 MG

Story:

I'm a 15 year old male in the Bay Area, I started getting back acne towards the end of 8th grade and I didn't really care about it until my face starting breaking out about 15 days before high school was starting (talk about perfect timing!). I was so excited about highschool and living my life at a much better level, I started to become a ladies man and it was suppose to be perfect. Than came Acne, since than I have tried:(Acnefree, benzoyl peroxide, various creams, various home remedies, antibiotics) and after months of trying everything, nothing as worked. I've gotten depressed because of this, constant times where I'm crying in the morning or before I sleep. It had me thinking: Why can't I live my life like everyone else? Why can't I do stuff a normal 15 year old would do? The worst was that I actually had a chance with this really cute girl, who thought I was cute and she's just a best friend now but my acne ruined any chance of anything more!

So, now a days I'm an emotionless shell, I wake up not being excited, I see people do stuff I would do without acne. I'm not even living, and it was time for Accutane, because I'm sick of all this, I want my life back. I'm going to take my first pill tomorrow morning, I'll be updating this every day for the first week or so and than I'll do it after every couple of days. I'll include my workouts,diet and any obstacles plus anything related to acne.

MemberMember
(@tyrean)

Posted : 05/23/2013 7:28 pm

Hey man I'm also in the bay area!

I'm almost done with 3 months and my acne looks much better than it did, gets better each day! I know what you mean about how acne can affect your social life, just know that once you're off this drug your life will be filled with much more confidence, confidence you had before acne.

I'll be following your course, best of luck!

MemberMember
(@richardb)

Posted : 05/23/2013 7:55 pm

Congrats on taking the plunge! Like Tyrean said, you'll feel so much better about yourself when this is over... you'll be a new man.

MemberMember
(@imdonewiththis)

Posted : 05/24/2013 10:56 am

I just took my first pill like 30 minutes ago. I'll do my first log entry later tonight. I'm so excited for this!

MemberMember
(@imdonewiththis)

Posted : 05/25/2013 2:59 am

Day 1:

I took my first pill this morning. I drank about a liter of water too today.I ate alot of ice cream and chocolate too, so that might cause a breakout. So far I haven't noticed any side effects because it's only the first day, but towards the night, my cystic acne started hurting more than normal, but I'm not sure if this is related to accutane. I'm in a pretty good mood knowing that I'm finally on something that has a chance to get rid of this mess in my life. Not much to report in day one but it'll get longer as it progressed.

Side-Effects:

None

MemberMember
(@imdonewiththis)

Posted : 05/25/2013 10:34 pm

Day 2

Alright, I just completed the second day of Accutane. My face is almost exactly the same, or a little worse as expected. I drank about half a liter of water today and didn't do much but sleep all day and take my dog for vaccination. So, I'm not sure why I feel so damn tired still. My cystic acne also continues to hurt a little more than it usually hurts. My lips are starting to get dry, not that dry but still I picked up some chap stick. Outside of that nothing to report. Although, I'm feeling a little bad about the whole situation.

Side-Effects:

Slightly dry Lips

Tiredness

MemberMember
(@imdonewiththis)

Posted : 05/26/2013 10:01 pm

Day 3

Third day down and still nothing noteworthy to report. My acne is a little better but my acne always gets a little better once every 2 weeks so that has nothing to do with Accutane. I feel better than I did yesterday in terms of being tired and having dry lips. I'm starting to worry that my dosage is too low, but I really don't want to breakout at the end of the school year, so I'll probably double the dosage in the second month. It's a long process so it's bound to be a slow start I guess. Nothing else to report.

Side-Effects

Dry Lips (Less than yesterday)

Tiredness (Less than yesterday)

MemberMember
(@imdonewiththis)

Posted : 05/27/2013 11:11 pm

Day 4:

Nothing new to report, just another day I guess. It kind of feels like the calm before the storm. My face is still semi clear but that probably has nothing to do with Accutane itself. My lips aren't dry, nor do I feel tired. It might be too low of a dose maybe.

Side-effects:

None

MemberMember
(@imdonewiththis)

Posted : 05/28/2013 11:59 pm

Day 5

5 days complete, no really noticeable side effects and no differences. My mom called my derm up and I might be bumped up to 40 or 60 mg but I don't know. My skin is still clear but I'm convinced that has nothing to do with accutane. I got acne on my nose and below it, and it's stiff and hurts. I can barley touch it. It's weird because it's like acne and than the skin around it is red and sensitive. Nothing else to report, my lips are slightly dry and I have been feeling tired as hell.

Side-Effects:

Slightly dry lips

Fatigue

MemberMember
(@imdonewiththis)

Posted : 05/29/2013 10:56 pm

Day 6:

Well, I think I started my initial breakout. I have some small white heads on my face, and a painful cyst on my nose. I also broke out on my back too in one area, I'm not 100 percent sure it's accutane but It might be.My lips are still dry but it's at a point where I can't even noitce it. So, nothing major to report. Tomorrow I will be done with one full week of accutane.

Side-Effects:

Slightly dry lips

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 05/30/2013 12:54 am

any photos?

MemberMember
(@imdonewiththis)

Posted : 05/30/2013 12:58 am

any photos?

I took photos before the pills, I've been kind of lazy about uploading them so I figured I'd just upload them when I upload the 1 month progress pictures.

MemberMember
(@richardb)

Posted : 05/30/2013 6:30 pm

any photos?

I took photos before the pills, I've been kind of lazy about uploading them so I figured I'd just upload them when I upload the 1 month progress pictures.

But we want to be on the edge of our chairs =)

MemberMember
(@imdonewiththis)

Posted : 05/30/2013 10:14 pm

I'll upload photos this weekend, my face acne is moderate and I didn't take pictures of my back acne because well...

Day 7

I'm pretty sure I'm starting my IB now. My acne is different than what I normally have. It's like I have patches of acne, where theirs like 3-4 pimples in one small area. It's different from what I usually get. My back hurts due to cystic acne also. It's earlier than most peoples breakouts so I'm hoping maybe my acne will clear up within the first 90 days so by Sophomore year, I can have a clear face. I've been irritated all day with a loss of appetite. It's whatever, I just want my life back yo!

Side-Effects:

Dry Lips

Irritated and loss of appetite (not sure if this has anything to with Accutane though)

MemberMember
(@imdonewiththis)

Posted : 06/01/2013 11:43 pm

Day 8/9

I guess this is when the side effects start. On my face theirs no real changes, although it's still pretty clear. I wonder when I'll actually get the dreaded initial breakout. My lips are dry now, I had to put something on them multiple times a day. My eyes seem a little dry as well. Outside of that their's not too much to report.

Side-Effects:

Dry Eyes

Dry Lips

MemberMember
(@imdonewiththis)

Posted : 06/02/2013 11:45 pm

Day 10

No changes to my face, it's semi-clear like always and I haven't gotten the dreaded IB either. My lips are constantly dry but they don't bother me, and my eyes are dry as well. From day 7 and on I've gotten irritated over the smallest stuff, I just get mad for the stupidest reasons with this. Outside of that it's all simple.

Side-Effects:

Dry Eyes

Dry Lips

Irritability

MemberMember
(@richardb)

Posted : 06/03/2013 12:54 am

This is when I developed irritability and fatique... good luck powering through.

MemberMember
(@imdonewiththis)

Posted : 06/03/2013 9:18 pm

This is when I developed irritability and fatique... good luck powering through.

Yeah, from what I've read most people start around 10+ days as well, I'm pretty sure everything is going to get worse before it clears up so I'm just preparing for the worst.

MemberMember
(@imdonewiththis)

Posted : 06/03/2013 11:48 pm

Day 11:

Well, today my old side-effects pretty much just continued like normal but I did sort of breakout today, including this painful cystic acne on my forehead that hurt the whole day. My skin started to peel around my mouth as well too. I'm also irritated at the smallest things. That's all.

Side-Effects:

Dry Skin

Dry Eyes

Irritability

Peeling

MemberMember
(@imdonewiththis)

Posted : 06/04/2013 9:38 pm

Day 12

I'll update this every two days (or 3) for a while instead of everyday. Basically all the side effects I have are Dry Lips (actually gotten worse), Dry Eyes, Irritability, peeling skin (around the mouth, but it's not that bad). That's about it, my acne is normal, it gets worse/better like it usually did. I know it's going to take a while so it's whatever.

Side-Effects

Dry Eyes

Dry Lips

Irritability

Peeling

MemberMember
(@linhd)

Posted : 06/06/2013 9:17 am

I started getting dry lips around that day mark. Just buy some Aquaphor and apply religiously! Goodluck though, I'm only a month ahead of you so I know what your going through. I experienced a rather small initial breakout that wasn't horrendously bad so maybe you'll get lucky like me. :)

MemberMember
(@imdonewiththis)

Posted : 06/08/2013 12:48 am

Days 13/14/15

Same old same old. I didn't break out, and my acne has been fairly consistent, new whiteheads every day. My doctor told me to take it 2 times a day now, which is random since I haven't completed a month. My dry lips are pretty bad but I use this carmex tube thing, which works great. My eyes are dry in short periods as well. I get mad at the smallest things to, I mean I get irritated of the weirdest things.

Side-Effects:

Dry lips

Dry eyes

Irritability

peeling

I started getting dry lips around that day mark. Just buy some Aquaphor and apply religiously! Goodluck though, I'm only a month ahead of you so I know what your going through. I experienced a rather small initial breakout that wasn't horrendously bad so maybe you'll get lucky like me. smile.png

MemberMember
(@imdonewiththis)

Posted : 06/11/2013 11:55 pm

Days 16/17/18/19

Well, my acne was semi clear up till this morning when I broke out with a light breakout. Which isn't that bad, I know not to expect any results for at least another month, so it's cool, My dry eyes happen rarely but my lips are pretty bad. During my finals today, they were terribly bad and my irateness towards other is also pretty bad. I'm much more short tempered over the slightest things.

Side-Effects

Dry Lips (Semi-Severe)

Dry Eyes

Irritated

MemberMember
(@imdonewiththis)

Posted : 06/16/2013 12:05 pm

Days 19-24

My face has been starting to seem lighter and a bit more clear, I do get some whiteheads now but it's not as bad as before.It's only been 24 days but I've seen a nice noticeable improvement which has made me happier already. My lips on the other hand... are terrible. They are peeling all over the place, I wake up with dry lips and a dry mouth. My eyes are dry sometimes but it's not even noticeable. So basically my only real side effect has been dry lips which is bad but since my skin is improving it's worth. Maybe my skin is clearing because my school ended on the 12th and I've been stress free since than, I have been on acne.org much less and I stopped thinking about acne because I really have no plans for a while (atleast the ones I really care about) so I just have a steady faith on accutane. I still have severe noticeable acne on my face, but I see slight improvement.

Side Effects

Dry Lips (Severe)

Dry Mouth (When I wake up)

MemberMember
(@imdonewiththis)

Posted : 06/28/2013 2:38 pm

Days 24-36

I haven't posted on here in a while because for a while, I forgot what acne was, I just remember I have 2 pills to take and that's it. This truly is a miracle drug, I think I've had 1 whitehead on my face in the past week which was small and that's it. My scars aren't terrible and every day they're getting lighter. My back acne is somewhat persistent but it doesn't effect my life. I've been working out, trying to bulk up, worrying about calories and all that good stuff that I should be worrying about. This is a miracle drug, and everyone should take this.

Side-Effects:

Dry Lips (I haven't even cared about this too much, it's just whatever)