Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Log (Pictures)

MemberMember
(@jayboy)

Posted : 05/02/2013 4:15 pm

Hey everyone! So here I am, after COUNTLESS years of products/diet changes/supplements/deals with the devil (just kidding...but if you know a guy,.), finally giving Accutane a go.

I will start of by saying that my acne is Mild most of the days. The pictures you see are on a decent skin day. Some days I will have next to no active pimpes (around 3 days a month), others I will have a bad breakout where I might see 4-5 active pimples on my face, but for the most part I will have around 2-3 noticable pimples. I also have old marks to go along with this.

I realize that my acne is no where near the level of others on this product, and I would not be here trying this if anything else worked for me. See, my acne is incredibly stubborn. I have been on many antibiotics (oral and topical),creams such as differin and clindoxyl gel..home remedies to go along with this such as aspirin masks, honey, tea tree oil,frankly too many to name.

The bottom line is, I am fed up with acne, I am tired of those around me getting no sleep, eating what they want, drinking their faces off, not washing twice a day; pretty much treating their body like shit, yet still having a flawless complexion.

so here I am,ready to get rid of this 7 year nightmare.

They prescribed to me 40 mg twice a day of the Roche Accutane. I realize it is much more expensive, however my work pays 100% of my healthcare.

I am going to make this a weekly update

Pre Accutane: Before starting Accutane I had around 3 active pimples.I just took my first pill on wednesday the 1st.

Next wednesday I will be back with an update of my progress. Wish me luck :)

PS. Any tips would be much appreciated!

post-120118-0-51779700-1367529263_thumb.

post-120118-0-44576900-1367529278_thumb.

post-120118-0-51779700-1367529263_thumb.

post-120118-0-44576900-1367529278_thumb.

MemberMember
(@carwinns)

Posted : 05/02/2013 5:19 pm

Wow, you're skin looks really nice in the first place! How'd you get prescribed Accutane? Your acne is SO mild. Honestly, if I had skin like yours, I'd call myself clear.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/02/2013 6:12 pm

You do have nice skin and very few spots. I can understand your frustration level though. Be prepared for a rough ride. Hopefully this will give you the results that you want

Good Luck

MemberMember
(@jayboy)

Posted : 05/02/2013 9:05 pm

It always boils down to seeing my skin in the mirror every day..its a roller coaster. More mentally draining than anything, so yeah, it might not look too bad but pictures never do anything justice :P

Were you on the tane as well sasch?

And carwinns, I was prescribed accutane after my derm seemed to give me a cookie cutter answer telling me how clear my skin looked since I came last. I know that was a bullshit comment since the last time in saw her my face was significantly better. It seemed like she wanted me to go on my way, so I just said "huh...my face has only gotten worse since the minocycline.." (Which i was on for 2 months with no avail) so she just said okay...what do you want. Very next day, took my first accutane pill!

MemberMember
(@vituperative)

Posted : 05/03/2013 1:48 am

Honestly, I would kill for this skin! Even after 8 months of Roaccutane, Doryx and a firm, tough skin regimen my skin does not look this good.

MemberMember
(@jayboy)

Posted : 05/03/2013 5:18 am

Yeah..I hear ya..like I was saying, this is a good week. Still, my camera doesn't seem to want to grab the redness that is there, which would be a great thing, other than when I'm trying to take a picture for an acne forum haha

MemberMember
(@vituperative)

Posted : 05/03/2013 6:06 am

Yeah..I hear ya..like I was saying, this is a good week. Still, my camera doesn't seem to want to grab the redness that is there, which would be a great thing, other than when I'm trying to take a picture for an acne forum haha

Yeah, cameras always tend to minimize/bleach out the redness and marks on your skin. I know when I've taken photos of a really bad break out it tends to look 50% less serious in photos.

MemberMember
(@jayboy)

Posted : 05/03/2013 11:38 am

Yeah if only that happened in real life too.

Question to anyone who may have knowledge on this topic...is 40 mg twice a day a lot for me?

MemberMember
(@berserkaf)

Posted : 05/03/2013 6:59 pm

Yeah if only that happened in real life too.

Question to anyone who may have knowledge on this topic...is 40 mg twice a day a lot for me?

From what I've read it just depends on how much you weight

If I took accutane I'd supposedly be taking 50 mg a day

do they even make 50 mg

MemberMember
(@jayboy)

Posted : 05/08/2013 5:49 am

Hey Everyone. So I guess I thought my first post was on a wednesday...turns out it was a thursday...either way, I promised an update every week on wednesday, so this one will be a day short. I am going to take pictures tonight and post them here.

So whats new.....

Well its only been 6 days...but my lips are CHAPPED. No surprise there...

Ill tell you this though, my face a pretty clear. I have a small cluster on my lower chin, maybe 2 pimples...but besides that my skin looks great.

The biggest challenge though is my job. We train alot (firefighter), so the past few days I have been out in the hot sun, or in a hot fire, and let me tell you, it burns!

Sun screen has helped, just wondering though, does sunscreen break you out?

Im using la roche posay 65 spf, hypoallergenic, sensitive skin, yada yada yada...

My body is hurting more from hitting the gym. Nothing sever though.

Overall, the worst part is my Lips..jesus........

To Sum it up...acne is still present but seem to be localized in a small cluster. It was a cyst, but came to a head and I popped it with a steralized needle ande took care of it.

I will have pictures tonight.

Take Care.

MemberMember
(@jayboy)

Posted : 05/09/2013 4:13 pm

PICS* update. Keep in mind...my face looks MUCH more red than the camera is showing. My phone camera seems to be a miracle camera for hiding acne...

So today is day 8 on the 'Tane. Probably the worst day thus far...Prior to taking the medication I had many small, barely noticable bumps on my chin. Well, it seems as if Accutane invited these bad boys to the party, that combined with very dry skin on my chin area has made my acne look worse than it ever has. Went and bought some aquaphor for my lips and this cracking area, hopefully some relief will come of it. Here's a pic of how my acne currently is. The other side isn't near as bad with only 1-2 pimples.

Things seem to be changing on a daily basis, so I think I will update whenever I feel like it. A week is a LONG time in the Accutane world I hear. Much can happen. Plus, venting might do wonders for my psyche ;)

post-120118-0-99917400-1368134118_thumb.

post-120118-0-99917400-1368134118_thumb.