A Summer Of Tane

MemberMember
(@jdw)

Posted : 02/03/2014 11:04 am

Week12ish, Round 2

• 1st checkup with derm today for my 2nd course
  • Had been on 30mg for a month but went back down to 20mg to stretch pills before this appointment
  • Talked to derm and we decided to stay on 20mg for atleast 3 more months
  • 20mg minimises my redface amoung other side effects
  • Redface status: Mild
  • Skin status: 90% clear, approaching what it was like when I finished my first course
  • Need to wear more sunscreen cause i got some sweet sunburn the other day, which though has become a nice tan colour is too dangerous to play around with
  • Only real concern right now is that I feel my hair is thinner than pre-accutane (14 months ago), asked derm about it and he said to keep an eye on it and if it gets worse/bad it may be a sign to stop
MemberMember
(@sachin12)

Posted : 09/04/2014 3:38 am

How did you end up JDW

Week12ish, Round 2

• 1st checkup with derm today for my 2nd course
  • Had been on 30mg for a month but went back down to 20mg to stretch pills before this appointment
  • Talked to derm and we decided to stay on 20mg for atleast 3 more months
  • 20mg minimises my redface amoung other side effects
  • Redface status: Mild
  • Skin status: 90% clear, approaching what it was like when I finished my first course
  • Need to wear more sunscreen cause i got some sweet sunburn the other day, which though has become a nice tan colour is too dangerous to play around with
  • Only real concern right now is that I feel my hair is thinner than pre-accutane (14 months ago), asked derm about it and he said to keep an eye on it and if it gets worse/bad it may be a sign to stop
MemberMember
(@jdw)

Posted : 09/08/2014 2:09 pm

How did you end up JDW? I'm about to start accutane and going to miss out on the whole Aus summer in the sun. Shattering. Worth it though for clear skin!!!

Blah wrote you a reply but accidently deleted it

Short version is that I'm pretty much the same and still on 20mg and 90% clear

If your dosage isnt too high you should be able to get a way with a decent summer as long as you're sunsmart (hat, apply superstrength sunscreen at regular intervals and dont be in the sun for the sake of it) and not ginger-prone to getting sunburnt.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@sachin12)

Posted : 09/08/2014 8:44 pm

How did you end up JDW? I'm about to start accutane and going to miss out on the whole Aus summer in the sun. Shattering. Worth it though for clear skin!!!

Blah wrote you a reply but accidently deleted it

Short version is that I'm pretty much the same and still on 20mg and 90% clear

If your dosage isnt too high you should be able to get a way with a decent summer as long as you're sunsmart (hat, apply superstrength sunscreen at regular intervals and dont be in the sun for the sake of it) and not ginger-prone to getting sunburnt.

Good luck!

Thanks,

Lucky for me I have olive skin and tan really well normally.

Except I love playing golf in summer so thats gonna suck!