Accutane Virgin

MemberMember
(@saulrod)

Posted : 11/16/2012 10:51 pm

Hey Guys so tomorrow I will be completing Month 1 of 40 mg of clavaris once a day. Here's a a recap of my entire Month.

First 5 days: Nothing really changed until the 5th day. That's when my face began to start peeling and flaking like crazy even if I put lotion. No side effect whats so ever tho.

Week 2: All hell broke loose. I started breaking out like crazy. Keep in mind that my face was already looking like shit hahah so it was horrible. Peeling/flaky skin, irritating skin, itchy scalp,itchy face, red face, and dry lips.

Week 3: still continue to break out horribly. Same things as week 2 but with the addition of fatigue. Man I was always tired and wanted to nap all the time (Still do) haha. My body is so dry is ridiculous.

Week 2-3-4: Have been horrible when it comes to breaking out...I guess I experience my Initial Breakout.

End of Week 4: I can honestly say I'm seeing improvements in my face. My breakouts are not as severe as before and my pores looks smaller. I can say that my face looks a lot better so that's good. I think the med has finally started working :) The itchy scalp and itchy face have gone away :) only have flaky/peeling face but is not as bad as before.

Again, I have not experience any hair loss (knock on wood), depression ( I actually feel happier), have not gotten any back or body aches, or serious side effects. My doctor will be be changing my dosage to 80 mg starting Monday so I'm guessing I should start seeing more more results well hopefully.

Well this is my recap. Hope someone is reading this. I will end by saying that everyday I am closer to clearer skin. Hope ya"ll have a great weekend :)

MemberMember
(@tommyc38)

Posted : 11/19/2012 1:43 am

My derm is a bitch too...We actually got into a huge yelling match in her office! Anyways, hang in there...your skin will get better. The first two months always sucked the worst! I'm just starting my IB and am preparing for massive cysts....it's tough to swallow especially when your skin is pretty clear like mine is. To take something that makes you get even worse acne just seems F'ed! Anyways...check out my thread....I'm sure I'll be on there ranting and cursing the world in a few days when my skin really blows up!!!!

MemberMember
(@saulrod)

Posted : 11/19/2012 10:42 pm

My derm is a bitch too...We actually got into a huge yelling match in her office! Anyways, hang in there...your skin will get better. The first two months always sucked the worst! I'm just starting my IB and am preparing for massive cysts....it's tough to swallow especially when your skin is pretty clear like mine is. To take something that makes you get even worse acne just seems F'ed! Anyways...check out my thread....I'm sure I'll be on there ranting and cursing the world in a few days when my skin really blows up!!!!

Haha yea man my skin got really bad from the end of week 1 till the end of week 4. It has def calm down and I'm starting to see results. I'm expecting another breakout since they up my dosage today from 40 to 80 a day. But as bad as I looked I hope its worth it in the end. Hey you never know u might be lucky and not get a IB. Good luck and keep me posted. If you need anything hit me up. take care.

Hello,

So today I had my one month appointment with my derm.. She said that my face looks better but I don't think she even remembers how I look to began with.. hahaha Anyways, she didn't even ask to do a blood test but I got one done by my doctor one week ago and everything is fine so I took care a copy which she didn't really look at it.. She bumped my dosage to 80mgs a day which I'm pretty sure it's going to double my side-effects and might give me a breakout of what I heard. So far my side-effects have not being bad at all. My lips a little dry but not chapped so thats good. The only thing that I been getting is headaches here and there but not bad. Well I hope my face continues to improve and doesn't break out badly anymore. I'll keep you guys posted. eusa_pray.gif Stay positive we are one day closer to clearer skin.. :)

MemberMember
(@ughhhhh)

Posted : 11/27/2012 2:11 am

Hey I'm in nor cal as well! Wonder what derm you're seeing, I'm in SJ. I went to a few before I found one I thought I liked that was willing to start low dose. My first derm wanted 60mg (I weigh 118) right away and that is crazy scary. Now I'm almost wishing I started in the middle cause I'm breaking out anyway and want to get this overwith. The itchy scalp is the worst so far! Good luck hope its still going well!

MemberMember
(@saulrod)

Posted : 12/01/2012 11:56 pm

Hey guys.,, sorry I have not updated in almost 3 weeks.. My computer screen cracked so I'm using my phone... So I been on 80 mgs a day for almost 3 weeks after been on 40 mgs a day for the first month.. After week 4 my face began to clear but after bumping to 80 mgs my face has been breaking out sooooo bad.. Kinda discouraging.. Yup Imin week 7 and my face is so bad.. But gotta stay positive. Ughhhhhh yea I'm from nor cal lol hope your doing good and good luck w ur treatment. Keep me posted.. Btw the itchy scalp only lasts like 3 weeks :)

Hey I'm in nor cal as well! Wonder what derm you're seeing, I'm in SJ. I went to a few before I found one I thought I liked that was willing to start low dose. My first derm wanted 60mg (I weigh 118) right away and that is crazy scary. Now I'm almost wishing I started in the middle cause I'm breaking out anyway and want to get this overwith. The itchy scalp is the worst so far! Good luck hope its still going well!

MemberMember
(@tommyc38)

Posted : 12/02/2012 2:59 pm

Hang in there man! You have come this far and you are just about to that bend in the road where everything will start clearing up for ya. I promise you, it WILL clear you up!!!

MemberMember
(@saulrod)

Posted : 12/02/2012 4:17 pm

Hang in there man! You have come this far and you are just about to that bend in the road where everything will start clearing up for ya. I promise you, it WILL clear you up!!!

. Thanks u hope it starts clearing up soon.. I'm amazed how many pimples I gotten since I started this treatment and to be honest I don't see how everything will clear up Hahha but hope it does

MemberMember
(@saulrod)

Posted : 12/25/2012 9:57 pm

Hello Guys,

Sorry I have not updated her in a while. So I'm on my second week of my 3rd month at 80mgs a day. So I'm rosy to inform you guys that I'm still breaking out and have not really seem much improvement, actually it has continue to get worst. I have 3 pimples the size of a quarter on both cheeks no joke. It seems like I got beat up or something.. pretty discouraging I must say. Also my cholesterol and tlygecerides has gotten high.

It's a little discouraging that I'm still breaking out bad and I'm on month 3. I guess I gotta stay positive.

Side effects:

Peeling skin -____- I hate it so bad no lotion works

Dry sometimes peeling lips

Headaches

Dry Eyes

Other than that I have not had any serious side-effects besides my cholesterol and tlygecerides. Well I'm going to try to stay positive and update every week or so. Wish me luck and hope I start clearing soon .Good luck to yall too.rolleyes.gif

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 12/26/2012 1:51 pm

hello- we started accutane around the same time and like you - my skin has taken a turn for the worse. I believe i started my initial breakout around week 8 and i am still going through it. The point is that what you are experiencing is normal so keep your head up

MemberMember
(@saulrod)

Posted : 01/01/2013 3:01 pm

hello- we started accutane around the same time and like you - my skin has taken a turn for the worse. I believe i started my initial breakout around week 8 and i am still going through it. The point is that what you are experiencing is normal so keep your head up

Hey I started my Initial Breakout my second week and still experiencing on month 3. hahahah maybe I'm the one that takes forever to clear. Good luck with your treatment :)

So I'm now on my the third week of my 3rd month...

So in the past 2 weeks I got some massive breakouts on both top parts of my cheeks like a little below the eyes and I mean huge ;like marvels.. IIts weird because I never broken out there but man the size of these pimples are ridiculous and to top it off there next to each other so it makes it seem horrible.. it looks like I got beat up hahaha -__-... Well I'm going on my last two weeks of my 3rd month so I hope that by next month my face starts clearing up.. BTW by those who keep getting flaky peeling skin I found that if I mix a little of Aquaphor ointment with CeraVu face lotion it takes care of all the peeling flaky skin that I could not get ride of. Well gotta stay positive and hope for the best. Mot really tripping anymore. Oh and I drank yesterday more than I should have cause of New Years -__- I miss drinking with friends man..

MemberMember
(@saulrod)

Posted : 01/05/2013 12:16 am

Week 11 is officially ovvvaaa...

Well the really bad break out that I been getting since 2 weeks ago is barely starting to heal -__- but new ones are coming out... I continue to get really big hurtful pimples and I'm going into week 12.. that's pretty sad I must say hahah.. Honestly sometimes I wonder if this med is even going to help me... my face was never as bad as after taking accutane... Well still on 80 mgs a day..

Side Effects:

- Peeling Flaky skin/ears

- Dry Eyes

- Dry mouth a lips but not chapped

- Higher Cholesterol and Triglycerides

- Breakouts hahah

Even though I continue to break out pretty bad all over my face and body it doesn't bother me as much anymore. It's sad to say but I gotten use to breaking out now so any improvement will be greatly appreciated hahah..Hope this shit starts working soon hahah Have a great day everybody and stay positive nod.gif

MemberMember
(@saulrod)

Posted : 01/08/2013 11:19 pm

Week 12 is ovaaaa... Face still looks like shit... hahahah thats all have to report for today..

MemberMember
(@bmariewantsnoacne)

Posted : 01/09/2013 12:07 am

I know how you're feeling. Just keep on keeping on, and hopefully soon our skin will clear up!

MemberMember
(@saulrod)

Posted : 01/12/2013 12:31 am

I know how you're feeling. Just keep on keeping on, and hopefully soon our skin will clear up!

Hey BMarie thanks for the encouragement... hope everything is going good for you :)

Sooooo....

All my bitching and negativity have somehow made the medication start working hahaha.. Naa but I am starting to see improvements in my face... I still have LOTS of scars from the previous and current acne but my face is starting to look much better. Also my breakouts are less severe now.. I just started month 4 and things seem to be getting better. Hopefully I continue to improve... I only want to be in this med for 4-5 months.. I'm already tired of it and cant wait to stop using.

Side-effects: the usual

- Flaky/Peeling skin

- Headaches

- I started to notice a little of blurred vision but nothing bad

- Red Dry Eyes

- Dry Lips

Well that's all I have to report for today. Hope you all doing good and stay positive. Sooner or later the results will come.. Peaaaccce

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 01/14/2013 10:55 pm

Hey SaulRod, does Accutane cause bad scarring? just wondering if scarring is reversable and can be fixed, thanks :D

MemberMember
(@saulrod)

Posted : 01/16/2013 11:03 pm

Hey SaulRod, does Accutane cause bad scarring? just wondering if scarring is reversable and can be fixed, thanks biggrin.png

What up man.. Honestly I am experiencing some scarring due to the accutane which sucks but if your acne never goes away then you will eventually get bad scarring. For me, getting ride of acne is my number one priority. I'll work on doing something for my scars after. Are you thinking of going on accutane?

Week 13 is ovaaa..

Well I spoke too soon. Started breaking out again ahhaha.. so I have my derm appointment on Monday. I'm planning on telling her that I only want to be on this medication 1 more month. To be honest I'm over taking accutane. It doesn't really seem like its doing much so I feel like I'm waisting my time and money. Also I miss partying :( hahah so yea.. One more month and thats it for me.

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 01/17/2013 12:06 am

Hey SaulRod, does Accutane cause bad scarring? just wondering if scarring is reversable and can be fixed, thanks biggrin.png

What up man.. Honestly I am experiencing some scarring due to the accutane which sucks but if your acne never goes away then you will eventually get bad scarring. For me, getting ride of acne is my number one priority. I'll work on doing something for my scars after. Are you thinking of going on accutane?

Week 13 is ovaaa..

Well I spoke too soon. Started breaking out again ahhaha.. so I have my derm appointment on Monday. I'm planning on telling her that I only want to be on this medication 1 more month. To be honest I'm over taking accutane. It doesn't really seem like its doing much so I feel like I'm waisting my time and money. Also I miss partying sad.png hahah so yea.. One more month and thats it for me.

Damn, and I MIGHT be, if nothing else works you know, I'll give it a try. And I've heard there are a lot of treatments for it so yeah. Not sure how much they would give me though, I only weight around 56kg and I'm 18.

MemberMember
(@saulrod)

Posted : 01/25/2013 10:58 pm

Week 13 is ovaaa..

Well I spoke too soon. Started breaking out again ahhaha.. so I have my derm appointment on Monday. I'm planning on telling her that I only want to be on this medication 1 more month. To be honest I'm over taking accutane. It doesn't really seem like its doing much so I feel like I'm waisting my time and money. Also I miss partying sad.png hahah so yea.. One more month and thats it for me.

Damn, and I MIGHT be, if nothing else works you know, I'll give it a try. And I've heard there are a lot of treatments for it so yeah. Not sure how much they would give me though, I only weight around 56kg and I'm 18.

Hey sorry I did not reply sooner I been really busy. I say go for it. They probably put you on 40 mgs or 60 mgs. If they give you the option of choosing, go with the highest mgs because if they start you at 40 you will get the initial breakout and once they bump you up to 60 you will get another Initial breakout so just do 60 that way you only have one.. I started with 40 then was bumped to 80.. Good luck and keep me posted.

Week 14 is donzooo..

So I must say.... my face is clearing up amazingly.. no joke... I still have a few pimples( 3 to be exact).. my face texture is looking wayyy better and it also feels really soft.. The down part is that my face is still red and has a lot of red marks. But I'm happy with the results so far. My blood work came back ok.. I think i might be on this medication for 5 months..

Side effects:

- Peeling skin

- Dry eyes (which bugs me so much)

- Dry lips

To wrap it up I'm starting to see results. For those on accutane or starting accutane please give it time. I did not see results until month 4.. I thought this medication was not goign to work for me but its starting to do what it suppose to do.. Stay strong and be PATIENT.. I know what your are goign through I been there before.. Good luck fellows and keep your head up...

MemberMember
(@saulrod)

Posted : 03/17/2013 12:47 am

Sorry that I have not updated in weeks. I been busy with work and stuff..

Month 5 and 2 Weeks:

So basically, my face did not clear completely until month 5. I can now say that I have not had a pimple in my face in almost 3 weeks. It took time but I can say my face is acne free. My chest still has 2 big pimples and my back has a few breakout. I have one more month left after this. My first month I was on 40 mgs, second and third month I was on 80 mgs. and month 4&5 I went back to 4.

The down side is that I my face has A LOT of scarring from the acne prior to accutane and the acne while on accutane. It's a little discouraging seeing all the scarring but at least I'm not breaking out anymore which was my main goal.

Side-Effects:

Peeling/dry skin at times.

Dry Lips.

The only bad side effect that I continue to struggle with is DRY/RED EYES. I swear even eye drops don't wok anymore. My eyes are always dry and red.. I looks like I'm always high -___-... I hope it goes away once I'm done with treatment.

Overall, It has been a tough journey especially the first 4 month.. horrible BUT my acne has cleared up which so its all worth it. To all the new users or people that re currently on accutane.... be patient and stay positive no matter how bad is it.. IT WILL WORK some faster that others but IT WILL happen. Stay strong.. I will update next month. cool.png

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 03/17/2013 6:28 pm

So happy for you! I am ending my 5th month and unfortnately i am still breaking out.%2