Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Video Journey

MemberMember
(@james9)

Posted : 09/15/2012 7:17 pm

I am using Dan's cleanser in the shower 2/day. Is that good you think? I am terrible on knowledge of facial products :/

As far as the injections I am not sure... I would hope they don't leave scars. They thin out the skin and can leave a mark but from what I'm told it will usually go away... According to Dan's video on cortisone shots.

All my trust is in my derm right now so hopefullly he knows what he's doing. We usually have really great doctors out here in Scottsdale.

Does anyone else have any theories or expereinces with cotrisone shots? I would love to know

MemberMember
(@eddy_if)

Posted : 09/15/2012 7:45 pm

I use Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, it is popular cleanser when you take accutane, not make our skin drier. It will not strip the skin of natural protective oils or emollients, also soap-free cleanser. You may try it.

Also I agree with RightMeow to spot your acne with antibiotic topical/antibacterial topical until your skin start drier with accutane.

MemberMember
(@james9)

Posted : 09/15/2012 7:50 pm

Topicals have litttle to zero effect on cysts though, right?

MemberMember
(@rightmeow)

Posted : 09/16/2012 3:05 pm

I am using Cerave Foaming Cleanser, it's gentle but cleans very well. You can buy it from Walgreens. My dermatologist recommended it.

Cysts are just a type of severe acne. Topicals help acne. While it may take longer to heal than normal whiteheads, they do help.

You can wash your face twice a day with the cleanser. Then apply a nickle size amount of Acanya (or similar perscription) all over the areas that you usually break out.

Like stated before, you should look into the CVS Drawing Salve Ichthammol Ointment. It brings the cysts into the surface, makes them less painful. I think it's around $5 in the First Aid Aisle. Once they rise to the surface, the topicals will help more and more.

MemberMember
(@james9)

Posted : 09/18/2012 12:11 am

Some of my cysts are puffing up to be bigger while I'm on my accutane. Is this just part of the the IB? or could it mean I'm not reacting well to the accutane?

Also my lips aren't that chapped and my skin isn't getting really dry... just a little.. starting to get worried that maybe the medicine isn't working... Could my body be immune to it since this is my second time on accutane? idk :/

MemberMember
(@james9)

Posted : 09/23/2012 12:14 pm

Here are updated pictures of my acne:

The consistent response from people when I ask them how bad my acne is: 6/10. What do you think? I will post a video later tonight or tomorrow.

MemberMember
(@james9)

Posted : 09/24/2012 9:07 pm

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/24/2012 9:49 pm

I'm still keeping up with you James :) I've never used any of the products you are using. I've never used the org. Stuff at all. I do use Eucerin cream from time to time. I haven't used it on my face before that I remember. I use CeraVe products and am in love with them. Plus the org. Stuff is all medicated and I was told to stay away from anything that wasn't gentle. No active ingredients in it. I've heard great things about jojoba oils though. Maybe that's why your not very dry? Could be.

The lips... Peeling and peeling and peeling is all mine ever do. I've never felt chapped, but they peel so much spots become raw after awhile. I didn't experience any raw spots until my 3rd month and that is also when I got my dosage upped to 60mg daily. Just keep putting stuff on them so they don't peel raw like mine has before. It hurts to have a raw bottom lip. I noticed my lips started peeling around the lip line before it moved further into my lip though. Overall I think things are looking good for you James. I wouldn't expect anything magical to have happened in your first month, even more so a month on 20mg. Now that you are on 40 I think you will see better progress. What a pain to get blood drawn every 2 weeks!! Good thing to keep up on your health though, I hope things continue to go well :)

MemberMember
(@james9)

Posted : 09/26/2012 1:14 am

Acne getting worse...? :/

MemberMember
(@james9)

Posted : 09/27/2012 12:02 am

MemberMember
(@rightmeow)

Posted : 09/27/2012 1:11 am

Looks great! Are you feeling better about your neck? It looks like it's going down a lot!

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 09/27/2012 1:40 am

that pimple on your collarbone, did you pop that or get it injected?

The pimple i am referring to is in post #24, the first picture, the pimple on the way bottom of the picture.

Did you get that injected?

MemberMember
(@james9)

Posted : 09/27/2012 2:29 am

Looks great! Are you feeling better about your neck? It looks like it's going down a lot!

Unfortunately, No :/ Although I am not getting any more cysts I don't think but the redness is not going away :/ so devastated right now! You really think it looks better?

that pimple on your collarbone, did you pop that or get it injected?

The pimple i am referring to is in post #24, the first picture, the pimple on the way bottom of the picture.

Did you get that injected?

No, I did not get that injected. Why do you ask? Should I have? Is it very noticeable?

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 09/27/2012 2:46 am

no, i ask because it looks like you picked at it. Some of my body pimples look similar to what that pimple is like.

What is the reason why your derm injected your cysts? Is it to prevent scarring, or because they werent healing?

Also, how many cysts did you get injected?

MemberMember
(@james9)

Posted : 09/27/2012 8:36 am

no, i ask because it looks like you picked at it. Some of my body pimples look similar to what that pimple is like.

What is the reason why your derm injected your cysts? Is it to prevent scarring, or because they werent healing?

Also, how many cysts did you get injected?

The reason I owuld assume is so the inflamation on my cysts would go down, and also to prevent scarring I hope. I haven't really asked why I just assume it's good for me because he keeps doing it, otherwise I would have huge red lumps coming out of my neck. I have had probably twenty cysts injected on my neck alone because sometimes they will keep coming back in different places. I also get cysts underneath my hair in the back of head that I get injected :/

MemberMember
(@james9)

Posted : 09/27/2012 1:48 pm

Picture from 9/14-

post-180640-0-14909700-1348771649_thumb.

Picture from today 9/27-

post-180640-0-22594600-1348771701_thumb.

post-180640-0-14909700-1348771649_thumb.

post-180640-0-22594600-1348771701_thumb.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 09/27/2012 1:54 pm

How long do the cysts last before having them injected?

MemberMember
(@james9)

Posted : 09/27/2012 1:56 pm

How long do the cysts last before having them injected?

They go go from pimple looking to cysts almost overnight. They can go from me hardly noticing they are there to inflamed big and red in just a couple hours from me touching it, sleeping on it, whatever. After they turn into cysts I go and make a dermatologist appt. ASAP. Sometimes it takes me a few days to get in there so I walk around with big cyst or two on my neck. Talk about a psychological nightmare.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 09/27/2012 6:09 pm

have you had any cysts on your back/shoulders? Did you get those injected as well?

MemberMember
(@james9)

Posted : 09/27/2012 7:08 pm

have you had any cysts on your back/shoulders? Did you get those injected as well?

yeah, but years ago. Not really anymore.

MemberMember
(@james9)

Posted : 09/29/2012 1:15 am

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 09/29/2012 2:20 am

yeah, but years ago. Not really anymore.

really? Did you get all those cysts injected too, or did you let them heal by themselves?

MemberMember
(@james9)

Posted : 09/29/2012 2:38 am

Some injected, some just let heal. I used to be very scared of needles when I had cysts on my chest and back and I could only handle injections in some spots. I can't tell what spots I had injected or what spots I didn't, it was so long ago for my chest and back. I'll get a cyst from time to time on my chest and get it injected but that's about it.

MemberMember
(@james9)

Posted : 09/29/2012 6:15 am

Problem I'm having: One day I get very dry skin and extremely chapped lips and the next day my lips are fine and my skin doesn't look dry. Is there something wrong? Has anyone else noticed this before? Something I'm going to ask my dermatologist next time I'm there. :/

MemberMember
(@james9)

Posted : 10/01/2012 1:53 pm

:)