Notifications
Clear all

Recording Log- Finally Starting Accutane/claravis 40 Mg/day

MemberMember
(@darkknight07)

Posted : 08/24/2012 9:12 pm

Day 33

Things are looking better :) No new cysts since I last updated and the other ones seem to be shrinking and are no longer painful. No new whiteheads either. Lips have become more dry though (probably because of the increased dosage).

Face is still looking about the same. A few whiteheads popped up in between my eyebrows and I still have dry skin before putting loads of moisturizer on. Have a red mark on my chin that is like stuck between being a pimple and a scab. Hopes are still high!

Positive thinking... I like it hifive.gif

MemberMember
(@darkknight07)

Posted : 08/25/2012 11:07 am

Day 34

No new breakouts!! Old actives are drying up. Could this be the end of the IB phase???surprised.gif

Nosebleed woke me up today -_-

MemberMember
(@poptartie)

Posted : 08/25/2012 4:24 pm

I hope your IB is over...That would be sweeeeet! And then I can hope for a clear month #2 as well :) My face is a hot mess right now. Breakouts everywhere. No joke.

My nose has given me not trouble at all. I'm not dry anywhere except my lips, and that's not even chapped, just a little tight feeling if I don't keep stuff on them. I'm actually looking forward to bumping up to 60mg on Sept. 5 so maybe i can feel that it's actually doing SOMETHING.

So frustrating. But I'm happy for you!

MemberMember
(@darkknight07)

Posted : 08/27/2012 6:37 pm

Day 36

Good news!!! I've been seeing some pretty drastic results... four days and no new breakouts! Also, the old spots on my face are drying up faster than ever and spots are looking less and less red. I thought I was the only one noticing it until my parents mentioned it as well. My skin feels very smooth and I can't feel a single bump under my skin. I really hope it stays this way. I really don't want to jinx it but this is the best my face has looked in a long time. Just a week ago my face was covered in cysts and now this!! Looks like accutane is finally working its magic surprised.gifsurprised.gif

Side effects- chapped lips and back pain but couldn't care less. It's so worth it right now. eusa_pray.gif

I hope your IB is over...That would be sweeeeet! And then I can hope for a clear month #2 as well smile.png My face is a hot mess right now. Breakouts everywhere. No joke.

My nose has given me not trouble at all. I'm not dry anywhere except my lips, and that's not even chapped, just a little tight feeling if I don't keep stuff on them. I'm actually looking forward to bumping up to 60mg on Sept. 5 so maybe i can feel that it's actually doing SOMETHING.

So frustrating. But I'm happy for you!

Thank you Celia! Things are still looking good and I couldn't be happier especially since I'm moving back to college campus later this week. I attend an ivy league university (Brown) & I can't wait to walk around campus with clearer skin :) I know you probably feel like crap but trust me I was in the same boat just last week. Things will get better if you really believe they will. Don't let the breakouts make you think otherwise. Be confident.

MemberMember
(@darkknight07)

Posted : 08/28/2012 11:30 am

Day 37

5 days and still no new breakouts :) Not much new to report...

MemberMember
(@poptartie)

Posted : 08/28/2012 6:10 pm

I'm right behind you! I hope my results are as quick as yours when I increase :) My increase will be to 60 mg as well and I am worried about the side effects. I only weigh 115 (I've lost 5lbs in the last month. not sure why) and I'm scared I will dry out sooooo badly. Of course, I'm not dry AT ALL right now except a teenie bit on my lips but thats hardly worth mentioning.

Yay for you and I hope it's still going well!

MemberMember
(@poptartie)

Posted : 09/06/2012 8:00 am

How are ya?

Just checking in with you. How is school? I imagine you are very busy! I hope you are still clear and not too dry :)

Yesterday my doctor increased my dose to 60mg (two- 30mg tabs a day) and told me to take them together, not 12 hours apart. I thought that was strange but he was very clear that that was how he wanted me to do it. Interesting...

Wishing you well proud.gif

MemberMember
(@darkknight07)

Posted : 09/15/2012 2:14 pm

Day 55

Hey guys,

Sorry it's been a while since I last updated. I'm almost 2 months in and school started so I've been super busy. My skin is looking pretty decent right now. I've had some breakouts (few more cysts) but my acne has progressively slowed down. I no longer get acne as often as I once did and I'm hoping things just get better from here on out. My face also isn't as red as it used to be. I'm not too happy about my results so far but I can't say I'm disappointed yet.

My side effects have gotten worse. I get nose bleeds pretty often and my lips are dry all the time. A few days ago, I started feeling pain in my right eye but I ignored it because I didn't think it would be a big deal. Today I woke up and my top eyelid is SWOLLEN and red (looks like a bee sting). My eye is still in pain from underneath and it hurts when I blink! Does anyone know how I can treat this? I've googled this side effect but it looks like it might be an allergy or my eyes might be dry. I'm asking you guys because I'm hoping someone is experiencing something similar. Please let me know. sad.png Also, I constantly have this nasty smell in my nostrils. I think its the smell of blood/iron and I hate it! Has this happened to anyone before and how can I get rid of it?

How are ya?

Just checking in with you. How is school? I imagine you are very busy! I hope you are still clear and not too dry smile.png

Yesterday my doctor increased my dose to 60mg (two- 30mg tabs a day) and told me to take them together, not 12 hours apart. I thought that was strange but he was very clear that that was how he wanted me to do it. Interesting...

Wishing you well proud.gif

MemberMember
(@darkknight07)

Posted : 10/04/2012 12:50 pm

Day 74

Its been about 2 & a half months since I've started. Things are looking okay, not seeing as much improvement as I would like. I am still breaking out and in two weeks I will officially be on this medication for 3 months. My breakouts are much different from what they used to be. I haven't gotten a single small whitehead in over a month which is quite surprising when I think about it! Instead, I've been getting larger red cysts/bumps that take forever to heal!!! Right now, though, my face has calmed down a bit. There's usually 3 or 4 active cysts on my face. All I can do is hope that things will improve.

Thankfully (knock on wood), my side effects have calmed down as well. The swollen eye I mention on day 55 healed within 4 or 5 days. My lips are still chapped but they're manageable. I have very minor back pain (can only feel it some days- not all the time). I did however develop rashes/eczema or whatever you call it on my arms around day 62. I treated them with vaseline and that healed them instantly. I've learned to control my nose bleeds by putting a bit of petroleum jelly on a qtip and applying it to the inside surface of my nose. I sometimes have this really strange feeling/pain in my stomach too. It's really been a roller coaster ride!!! I've experienced many more side effects than I thought I would.

I'm still taking 60 mg/day but hope to be bumped up to 80 mg/day for the final few months. That's probably the maximum dosage I think I'll be able to take. Did it take anybody at least 3 months to see really noticeable results?

MemberMember
(@poptartie)

Posted : 10/12/2012 8:44 am

I believe many people start to see the biggest results at the end of month 3 or beginning of month 4. That's what I've read which is consistent with what my derm told me. I feel very, very lucky that I saw a huge improvement at the end of my second month. I still have a crap pile of PIH but I was told that would fade (it could take 6-8 months. Damn) but I can't complain since I only have a couple actives and my face is pretty smooth. I probably just jinxed myself. Anyway, I'm glad my vasaline tip is helping but I see you gave up using your finger. What gives? haha....JK.

I have to say, my experience is that the side effects are not as bad as I thought they would be. At least not the initial breakout and flaky skin. The backache has been the worst part for me.

Hang in there, Batman

MemberMember
(@darkknight07)

Posted : 11/17/2012 10:53 pm

Month 4 Almost Complete! Day 115

Hello! Wow it's been a while since I've updated. First things first, my skin is looking great! I haven't had a new active in almost two weeks and couldn't be happier. Also, my skin feels like a baby's butt lol it's so smooth and soft. The only thing I'm left with now are red marks (I have the PIH too Celia razz.gif my cheeks are a mess) and I really really can't wait for them to fade. I know it's going to take a while but just having no new actives is incredible. My face is no longer bumpy haha. I stopped treatment for a few days last month so my timing is a little off. I got really sick and needed a tiny break from the accutane.

Side effects-- Lips are still very dry. They begin to swell if I don't moisturize them which is a little weird but I'm pretty sure my lips are just very irritated. whistling.gif I haven't had a nose bleed in a while (woohoo) but I'm sometimes constipated and don't have normal bowel movements. Drinking prune juice/eating raisins seems to be helping this. I've also been experiencing minor back pain since I've started treatment. My cholesterol is a little high too so my derm told me to stay away from fatty foods. I'm experiencing more side effects than expected but my face is looking better so I'll deal. Just can't wait to finish treatment!eusa_pray.gif

I'm going to be bumped up to 80 mg/day for the last 2 months. See details in my signature. razz.gif Will update you guys soon!

MemberMember
(@darkknight07)

Posted : 03/06/2013 5:59 pm

Hey y'all. I've been done with treatment for a few months. I can't believe how fast the time flew by... if you have any questions please feel free to post in this thread or message me.