Notifications
Clear all

Finally Agreed To Accutane

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 04/14/2012 11:33 am

I think you well. You are really cute too. Just be positive. Eat well. Workout. Do a run. Keep busy. The time will pass by.

Indeed! She's very pretty. I agreed with you! Eat healthy and keep self busy for the time pass by. When I get acne, I just play games all day. I play League of legends which is like dota. One match takes about 35-40 min to finish. I never think about my skin during the battle 'cause I have to focus. It helps a lot :)

MemberMember
(@sun4dyahoo-com)

Posted : 04/14/2012 2:33 pm

I think you well. You are really cute too. Just be positive. Eat well. Workout. Do a run. Keep busy. The time will pass by.

Indeed! She's very pretty. I agreed with you! Eat healthy and keep self busy for the time pass by. When I get acne, I just play games all day. I play League of legends which is like dota. One match takes about 35-40 min to finish. I never think about my skin during the battle 'cause I have to focus. It helps a lot smile.png

Thank you :) Yes, that's what I'm definitely gonna try to do. I like being busy anyways :P Yeah I'm not really a gamer, haha but I know a tonnn of guys who do the same thing. For me, its my guitar. I focus so much on the chords and getting it right I completely forget about my face, which is awesome. Then its back to reality when im done.. haa. But thanks for the tips! :)

MemberMember
(@sun4dyahoo-com)

Posted : 04/15/2012 1:40 pm

Day 6:

Soo its almost a week now and I still don't even feel like im on the drug. Is it normal to not have any side effects yet? My lips aren't chapped at all yet, my skins not too try, my amount of acne hasn't increased much or decrease at all. No headaches, not thirsty at all yet.. I just always see people having side effects or seeing a small difference at least at like day 3 already, while I still haven't. My hip on the left side has been hurting pretty bad the last day though for some reason, and I havent worked out at all lately, but I dont know if I should really blame Accutane..

I mean I guess thats a really good thing I have no side effects, but at least with some side effects I can tell that its in there and working. Haha i dont know, I'm weird I guess.

MemberMember
(@peck)

Posted : 04/15/2012 3:36 pm

I wouldn't start fretting over lack of change after 6 days. I personally had a hideous initial flare-up in the first 2 weeks, but beyond that my skin change has been extremely gradual. It's not like you'll wake-up one morning and be like "ahhh shit my skin's so dry it's turned me into some reptilian monster with scales, but on the plus side my acne's completely disappeared!" Patience is key. I know how frustrating it is early on, particularly if you end up being one of the 'worse before it gets better' people, but believe me the waiting gets easier after the first few weeks when you allow yourself just to get on with taking the pills and accepting that there is nothing you can do now except wait, and that every day you wait, even though you might not see improvement, is a step towards clear skin biggrin.png

I'm 7 weeks in, and still getting the odd few spots. Annoying but you just have to not panic. Easier said than done I know. The only side-effect I've had except for dryness is back ache, and these both took 2-3 weeks to properly set in. Anyway I say hobbling around like a senile pensioner for a few months is a small price to pay for trouble-less skinsmile.png

MemberMember
(@theknowing)

Posted : 04/15/2012 11:03 pm

I was nine days in before I noticed dry lips and my face is only just starting to dry up so give it a little longer.

Haven't had a noticeable IB or clear up either so easy to wonder whether this is working, but remember it's a course over several months and loads of people don't find things getting better for a while, just gotta stick it out

MemberMember
(@riseagainstacne)

Posted : 04/16/2012 1:44 am

I really want to start accutane but i'm really scared sad.png i just turned 18 like a month ago and like you needamiracle, i have been trying everything and anything else to cure my acne. nothing has worked... i have read all the horror stories and they scare the HELL out of me... but it's kinda my last hope. the way i am living now, its pretty much like i'm dead. I stay in my house all day, lost a shit load of friends and won't even see my family because of my acne.and also have BDD (body dysmorphic disorder) sad.png i'm stuck on what i should do

MemberMember
(@sun4dyahoo-com)

Posted : 04/16/2012 11:39 am

I wouldn't start fretting over lack of change after 6 days. I personally had a hideous initial flare-up in the first 2 weeks, but beyond that my skin change has been extremely gradual. It's not like you'll wake-up one morning and be like "ahhh shit my skin's so dry it's turned me into some reptilian monster with scales, but on the plus side my acne's completely disappeared!" Patience is key. I know how frustrating it is early on, particularly if you end up being one of the 'worse before it gets better' people, but believe me the waiting gets easier after the first few weeks when you allow yourself just to get on with taking the pills and accepting that there is nothing you can do now except wait, and that every day you wait, even though you might not see improvement, is a step towards clear skin biggrin.png

I'm 7 weeks in, and still getting the odd few spots. Annoying but you just have to not panic. Easier said than done I know. The only side-effect I've had except for dryness is back ache, and these both took 2-3 weeks to properly set in. Anyway I say hobbling around like a senile pensioner for a few months is a small price to pay for trouble-less skinsmile.png

Yes I know it is not just some overnight cure :( Which would be awesome if that could ever happen!! Hahah but yes thanks for the tips. I know I just have to be patient, but like you said its so frustrating. I have dealt with this for so many years and just want to finally see at least a little improvement. But I mean if this Accutane ends up working for me, then it is completely worth the wait. Haha yes for me I would also say hobbling around is worth it! ;) So you said you still get some odd spots.. does that mean your face really doesn't get much acne anymore right now?

I was nine days in before I noticed dry lips and my face is only just starting to dry up so give it a little longer.

Haven't had a noticeable IB or clear up either so easy to wonder whether this is working, but remember it's a course over several months and loads of people don't find things getting better for a while, just gotta stick it out

Yeah actually today, day 7, I have noticed their a little more chapped. Still waiting on more dry skin to come. (Which is fine with me) haha cuz dry skin is sooo annoying to me. I'm always moisturizing everywhere though so I'm hoping that will help. Yeah you definitely have a point there. I still have so many more months left; I just need to be patient and wait it out. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@sun4dyahoo-com)

Posted : 04/16/2012 12:03 pm

I really want to start accutane but i'm really scared sad.png i just turned 18 like a month ago and like you needamiracle, i have been trying everything and anything else to cure my acne. nothing has worked... i have read all the horror stories and they scare the HELL out of me... but it's kinda my last hope. the way i am living now, its pretty much like i'm dead. I stay in my house all day, lost a shit load of friends and won't even see my family because of my acne.and also have BDD (body dysmorphic disorder) sad.png i'm stuck on what i should do

First of all, I'm so sorry you're dealing with all this sad.png Acne's such a bitch and can ruin your life. I also was a total shut-in for a while when mine was at a super bad point. Now it has sort of calmed down after I stopped using the harsh creams from the derm. You just have to try your best not to think about it and dwell over it too much. You yourself notices it wayyy more than everyone else does. But I know first-hand thats much easier said than done. I know exactly how you feel too with being terrified with Accutane and its side effects. My derm told me multiple times to go on it, but I automatically said no. I spent years researching it then and all the horrible stories left my decision the same.

Then a few months ago I saw one of my cousins for the first time in years and I remembered they always had the worst skin ever. This time, their face was flawless, I was shocked. I asked them what they used, since we both have been with acne forever. He answered with Accutane and said he loved it and it gave him a whole new life. At that moment i envied him so much. After that I was still thinking about it so much and starting researching all about Accutane again. I started looking at positive stories and it filled me with so much hope. I was just at that breaking point and so completely done with my skin, so I took the plunge. I also used everything else at the derm. (including lazer and extraction treatments too that cost so freaking much and hurt like shiiiiittt) so I had no other choices. I went to the derm soon and got all signed up for it.

I now have been on it only a week, so I am not the best person to ask my opinion on it, since I still have yet to see if it works on me. But Im just saying, if your at that point where you've completely lost yourself to acne and nothing else has worked, go for it. You'll get that life back when it works. Yes, there are side effects, but they're rare. EVERY medication has side effects you must be aware of. But this is your decision, so you don't have to listen to me. Ultimately it comes down to you and how you wanna handle your body. Honestly it just depends how desperate you are for clear skin. I know I would do like anything at this point, so thats why I made the choice. I don't read the horror stories anymore either, only positive ones. Of course Im not naive to them, I know of them all and their always in the back of mind. But now I just need to focus on being positive and not freaking myself out while im on the course already cuz that will just make things much worse.

God damn, I'm so sorry for that whole novel I just wrote... I probably put you to sleep D: hahah i just really wanted to help you out and explain everything out and how i finally made the decision, because I was in your exact spot before. I also hope others might read this and it will help them with their choice too. Best of luck to you smile.png

MemberMember
(@mrjarjarbinks77)

Posted : 04/16/2012 2:13 pm

Indeed! She's very pretty. I agreed with you! Eat healthy and keep self busy for the time pass by. When I get acne, I just play games all day. I play League of legends which is like dota. One match takes about 35-40 min to finish. I never think about my skin during the battle 'cause I have to focus. It helps a lot smile.png

Its fucked pardon my french the way people think of themselves (not even talking about her specifically but more myself). While we walk around or feel like the elephant man or a freak show, people are interested, and yet, our confidence and self esteem is attacked by a disease and our own thinking. I am ashamed at how low I find myself. I think we are usually harder critics then the rest of the world and if someone were to attack us about our skin, they would have to be pretty insecure, and a messed up person to reach such a low to have to act out this way.

I am in my early 20s. It was like the moment I hit puberty, a flip was switched, and i have been battling this stuff for awhile. Some of the social events, parties, dates, living I have put off or missed out on cause of my skin. At this point, I refuse to not live, and I just have to accept what is. I have been trying for accutane for awhile now but, originally, when it wast first prescribed by my family doctor, I declined it which I not regret.

I am concerned too but, it depends on how bad you want clear skin and how severe your acne is. If you get cystic or nodular acne, the type that can scar if not treated, your probably better off going on accutane in my opinion. I am not a doctor so, I cannot help you but, as much of a health fanatic as I maybe, scars are for life. You may have them treated, they can make the look better then they turn out but, "make it look better" is not the same as it not being present.

I would literally give up years, decade off my life if it meant clear skin but, this isn't how it works. I think it was like moonbase stated about a gut problem but, my hormones do not regulate properly, and my testosterone is really high. It helps for working out but, in terms of looks, it receeds hair or can thin a males hair, and just sucks. My hairline is good fortunately. Good luck.

ps: eat for functionality. Not taste.

MemberMember
(@peck)

Posted : 04/16/2012 5:33 pm

"Yes I know it is not just some overnight cure sad.png Which would be awesome if that could ever happen!! Hahah but yes thanks for the tips. I know I just have to be patient, but like you said its so frustrating. I have dealt with this for so many years and just want to finally see at least a little improvement. But I mean if this Accutane ends up working for me, then it is completely worth the wait. Haha yes for me I would also say hobbling around is worth it! wink.png So you said you still get some odd spots.. does that mean your face really doesn't get much acne anymore right now?"

Ironically as of today, literally just today, I can definitively say that I do not have one actual active spot on my face. Yeah sure still got the red marks, but they'll go away.. eventually. Up until today's landmark moment I was getting 3-4 deep-ish ones a week for the last month or so. Not so bad in reality, but annoying nonetheless. Shame the improvement can't be said of my back, woke up this morning feeling like my spine was encased in concrete. If you've ever wondered what that might feel like this smiley does a good job of summing it up...mad.gif

Anyway, do hope your accutane course is a success! Just keep the long-term goal in mind, if your skin turns shitty for a few days (highly likely) then don't worry, all part of the processbiggrin.png

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 04/17/2012 10:09 am

Heck, I would be your friend and try to make you happy. I know some day you'll have clear skin. My skin isn't very bad as most people here, but it effect me badly.

I am like you, I don't visit family, go outside to enjoy the weather (it's been nice outside..) I stay home playing games which helps not to think about acne, also the time goes by fast. I don't read, study at all, etc.. cause it doesn't help sad.png I do need to study though. Four more weeks to go and I am on vacation from college. I plan not to register in the summer because of skin.. grr.. I won't be able to enjoy this summer. The sun aiming my skin... skin looks terrible when the sun is aiming at my face. I think I only have like 4-5 active ones, but lots of redness... especially on forehead since I broke out like crazy. I also keep breaking on the cheek.. on the same area. I got 2 medium size pimples there, but it isn't painful.. thank goodness. It is when I touch it. I couldn't take it anymore so I went back to BP, but only using it as a spot treatment for now. I tried my best not to add chemicals on my skin, but failed.

MemberMember
(@sun4dyahoo-com)

Posted : 04/18/2012 6:43 pm

Awh man all the posts I put on here today got deleted due to the website starting over sad.png

MemberMember
(@sun4dyahoo-com)

Posted : 04/18/2012 11:22 pm

mrjarjarbink77: Yeah it's honestly such a shame how much acne can ruin a person and all of their self esteem :( No matter what people say to you, you still feel the same because you have to look at it and deal with it every single day. I really start to get so mad at myself cuz i am just constantly critiquing everything (mostly my skin), but honestly i won't stop doing that till i finally have my clear skin.

Peck: Haha yeah that is sort of ironic, but good!! :) Ooh yeah those month long ones definitely don't sound good at all... At least you don't have any at the moment! Yeah i've never had back acne fortunately, (knock on wood) so i can't say i know how that is. But it sounds horrible :/

Thankyou! Yes, if it clears up in the end then it will all be worth it. :)

MemberMember
(@sun4dyahoo-com)

Posted : 04/19/2012 1:07 am

Soo anyone else ever experience this on Accutane...?

My acne HURTS. Like i mean a weird hurt. I always get the sore, tender ones that hurt to touch like here and there, but these are different since Accutane. They sting. Like almost an itchy, burny feeling. Like if i pick at one of my zits it burnsss like HELL afterwards. Or when I touch them with my makeup sponge they just like sting. Anyone else get this feeling or am i just a total weirdo..? O.o

Oh and look whos a veteran member now wink.png ahaha i feel old.

MemberMember
(@ghost876)

Posted : 04/19/2012 2:23 am

My acne HURTS. Like i mean a weird hurt. I always get the sore, tender ones that hurt to touch like here and there, but these are different since Accutane. They sting. Like almost an itchy, burny feeling. Like if i pick at one of my zits it burnsss like HELL afterwards. Or when I touch them with my makeup sponge they just like sting. Anyone else get this feeling or am i just a total weirdo..? O.o

I know what you mean about the ones which sting, I accidently brushed past one with my hand and suddenly it felt like being pricked with a hot needle

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/19/2012 10:13 am

Mine really hurt too. Worse than I have ever had a zit hurt. Yesterday I popped two along my jaw line. My face was throbbing and red and hot. I had to use a ice pack on my face afterwards. It was just some whiteheads. Geez.

Today its a different story, all red and irritated now. Great, thats what I get for picking though.

MemberMember
(@kaydon)

Posted : 04/19/2012 10:20 am

Mine hurts as well. I broke out last weekend with new zits and OUCH. My mom asked me what was wrong because I was obviously upset, and I told her that my face literally hurt. I have a bad picking problem & after picking, it stings like hell!

MemberMember
(@sun4dyahoo-com)

Posted : 04/19/2012 11:57 am

I know what you mean about the ones which sting, I accidently brushed past one with my hand and suddenly it felt like being pricked with a hot needle

Pheww glad im not the only one guys! haha i felt like something was totally wrong with my face. But yes thats exactlyy the feeling i get too! Never before Accutane have they felt like this, so I'm guessing its from that.

MemberMember
(@supernatualfanatic)

Posted : 04/19/2012 12:00 pm

Pheww glad im not the only one guys! haha i felt like something was totally wrong with my face. But yes thats exactlyy the feeling i get too! Never before Accutane have they felt like this, so I'm guessing its from that.

Waa.. I wanna have some side effects so I can join in the conversation! It's probably just your acne spots getting really angry cause they know they're going to be killed off..

MemberMember
(@sun4dyahoo-com)

Posted : 04/19/2012 12:02 pm

Mine really hurt too. Worse than I have ever had a zit hurt. Yesterday I popped two along my jaw line. My face was throbbing and red and hot. I had to use a ice pack on my face afterwards. It was just some whiteheads. Geez.

Today its a different story, all red and irritated now. Great, thats what I get for picking though.

Ahhh ME TOO :( I am so bad at picking my skin. My close friends, family, even my boyfriend will like snatch my hand away from my face cuz sometimes I wont even realize im doing it. But I just hate going out places or to work and all that with a big 'ole whitehead on my face, or a scab, so i cant help myself trying to make it look somewhat better. Sorry your face feels like that and is so red now though :(

MemberMember
(@supernatualfanatic)

Posted : 04/19/2012 12:13 pm

Ahhh ME TOO sad.png I am so bad at picking my skin. My close friends, family, even my boyfriend will like snatch my hand away from my face cuz sometimes I wont even realize im doing it. But I just hate going out places or to work and all that with a big 'ole whitehead on my face, or a scab, so i cant help myself trying to make it look somewhat better. Sorry your face feels like that and is so red now though sad.png

I have a bad habit of scratching my face at night when I'm watching tv, I don't have inflamed acne but the bumps make my skin sooo uneven and a horribly bumpy texture, so I'll just scratch at my forehead and cheeks and by the time I realize it, I'll be a big ole tomato. ;(. On Accutane, I will not scratch! I hope...

MemberMember
(@sun4dyahoo-com)

Posted : 04/19/2012 12:22 pm

Mine hurts as well. I broke out last weekend with new zits and OUCH. My mom asked me what was wrong because I was obviously upset, and I told her that my face literally hurt. I have a bad picking problem & after picking, it stings like hell!

Awh yeah i know how you feel! sad.png Thats how it is for me too, they sting! Ah i have a badd picking problem too which just makes things 100 times worse :/

Waa.. I wanna have some side effects so I can join in the conversation! It's probably just your acne spots getting really angry cause they know they're going to be killed off..

Thats how i used to be too! Day 10 now and im finallyy just starting to see some. Haha yes that must be it. Good, its their turn to suffer! tongue.png

And me too!! When im watching tv is the absolute worst time for my face. I get distracted by the tv and my hands are just sittting there doing nothing so where do they go? Straight to my face. Blahhh. Yeah I have some inflamed ones scattered all around which bug me the most, but then its like every pore is filled almost and red and makes my face so bumpy and it just feels gross. I cant wait for the day when I can run my hands over my face and it feels smooth..

MemberMember
(@supernatualfanatic)

Posted : 04/19/2012 12:24 pm

Awh yeah i know how you feel! sad.png Thats how it is for me too, they sting! Ah i have a badd picking problem too which just makes things 100 times worse :/

Thats how i used to be too! Day 10 now and im finallyy just starting to see some. Haha yes that must be it. Good, its their turn to suffer! tongue.png

What side effects are you seeing? and acne does deserve to just die die die die die. Just as long as they don't leave their markings behind on our faces >:(!

MemberMember
(@sun4dyahoo-com)

Posted : 04/19/2012 12:34 pm

Oh sorry Taylor, I edited my post and replied to your other post in that one too tongue.png

And so far I have been getting some back pain, but its tolerable. Some major dehydration, like you read on BeautifulDisasters log, because i drink nothingg. And these stinging zits im talking about, but eh thats nothin really as long as you dont pick at them. My lips are only a litttle dry. Which most people say theyre soo dry by now, but nope not for me yet. Ha so so far its been smooth sailing. I hope it doesnt change too much though :0 Except i wouldnt mind for my skin changing and getting clear anytime now.

MemberMember
(@sun4dyahoo-com)

Posted : 04/20/2012 12:19 pm

Day 12!

I bring news!! I think I might possibly be one of the lucky ones that doesn't get a super bad initial breakout! gasp.gif Cuz I am almost at week 3 now so I don't know how much worse things would get at this point in. Or so im hoping.. I'm not sure if i even exactly got one, cuz the only thing that got worse than usual was my chin. Like right now its super nasty with those big 'ole painful zits that are super sexy. But the rest of my face actually looks like its getting better! It doesn't look as bumpy and irritated as before when I started. Looking in the mirror today I realized I have NO actives on my cheeks, which were always so bad for me. SAY WHAAAAT?! Just lots of other ones slowwlllyyy but surely fading. Well and then the chin, mouth area, temples, and forehead acne to deal with still. I really really really hope this continues though on the rest of my face.

Do you think it's possible to have an initial breakout that pretty much only really occurs on one spot of your face? (like my chin) I'm really curious on this..

Okay now to side effects. yayyy...

-back pain which is annoying whenever I bend over (like picking up things, putting my shoes on, wash my face in the sink, etc.)

-only slightly dry lips, nothin too bad at all, just apply Aquaphor a few times a day

-dehydration! Omigosh people dont be stupid like me and neverrr drink water. Haha I now realize I need to drink lotsss. I thought i was gonna pass out the other day at the grocery store or throw up, but after I got home and drank lotsa water I felt fine.

Now after i listed all those it looks kinda bad... haha but honestly its been totally smooth sailing for me! smile.png

Hows everyone else doing??