Notifications
Clear all

Journey Of My Life

MemberMember
(@skylynn)

Posted : 12/28/2011 2:00 pm

Day 24

Hey everybody!!!

I am finally dry and clear! My forehead has like 2 small old pimples that are still reddish n healing. I been taking pics. I will have to post them when I get time. I am amazed how quickly this stuff works.

So the initial breakout was terrible but I got thru it! Thank you acne org fam for the support! I just wonder if after the derm ups my dose it will get worse again. We shall see, next appt is Jan 3rd.

Everyone have a phenomenal NYE!!! If I could I would have a drink for everyone lol.... Yall be safe n be blessed :)

MemberMember
(@perzona)

Posted : 12/28/2011 3:01 pm

Great news =)

Keep it up!

MemberMember
(@skylynn)

Posted : 01/04/2012 1:20 pm

Day 31

Hey acne org fam! Happy new year everybody! :)

I am happy to tell everyone, I was clear and not oily on NYE! It was great! I also only wash my hair every 3-4 days. Unless I workout or am around my smoker friends.

Yesterday was my derm appt. and everything went great. He upped my dose to 80mg. And was amazed at my progress and said I get more beautiful each day lol.... Damn liar hahaha jk....

Anyway, I am not experiencing any side effects other than the semi-dry lips and dry skin. The cetaphil lotion everyone on accutane swears by lives up to all the hype. Its great. My lips stay good as long as I am hydrated and I put on lypsyl every couple hours.

The derm told me I will began to get drier as my treatment progresses. I will keep everyone posted.

MemberMember
(@slowandsteady)

Posted : 01/04/2012 3:14 pm

Congrats ! Im happy youre progressing so well, lucky!

Wow your body must be able to handle the accutane so well with so little side effects, I started off at 30mg and had to go down to 10mg for a bit , then 20mg then 30mg... I'm at 40 mg and will be for the rest of my course.

how long are you supposed to be on accutane for?

MemberMember
(@skylynn)

Posted : 01/04/2012 8:12 pm

Wow your body must be able to handle the accutane so well with so little side effects, I started off at 30mg and had to go down to 10mg for a bit , then 20mg then 30mg... I'm at 40 mg and will be for the rest of my course.

Thank you lil lady! I was mad and worried at first because I didn't feel anything or get severly dry, but its actually working, so I am not mad no more. Lol. But I really think it may be because I weigh more than most people on 40mg. But if it is my body, it must be all that oatmeal and juicing I do lol....

Well he initially told me I would be on it 5months, but yesterday he said "we got 5 more months" so I really don't know. I don't know if he was.trippin lol.... How long was your course going to last?

MemberMember
(@slowandsteady)

Posted : 01/05/2012 2:06 pm

Thank you lil lady! I was mad and worried at first because I didn't feel anything or get severly dry, but its actually working, so I am not mad no more. Lol. But I really think it may be because I weigh more than most people on 40mg. But if it is my body, it must be all that oatmeal and juicing I do lol....

Well he initially told me I would be on it 5months, but yesterday he said "we got 5 more months" so I really don't know. I don't know if he was.trippin lol.... How long was your course going to last?

I've gotten so many different opinions from different docs, my GP that prescribed me accutane said 6 months, my derm said 4 months and now shes saying 9 months...and a different derm said about 6 months for 40mg ..

I'm going to assume, since I'm on month 4 right now day 95ish I'll probably be on accutane for another 2 months at least...I don't really want to stay on accutane for 9 months.....maybe tapering off in the end - month 5-6 will be good.

MemberMember
(@skylynn)

Posted : 01/05/2012 6:08 pm

Hmmm yeah 5-6 sounds good to me too. I remember my bro took it for damn near a year. Maybe it depends on the severity.

MemberMember
(@skylynn)

Posted : 01/13/2012 6:52 pm

Day 40

Hiiiiii Acne Org Fam!!!!!! :) Hope everyone is great and your new year has been great and successful so far!

Anyways as far as my acne, I haven't been breaking out no more. But my chin area is still RED lol..... And I forgot to tell you guys, but the last time I went to the derm I was talking to his assistant telling her about how I had used tea tree oil months ago and it mad me permanently red, use to burn, and would make my lips and tongue numb, and I didnt know I was allergic lol....and she told me I have a chemical burn on my chin!! Well I still havent told my derm, but I plan on telling him when I go back in Feb. No wonder the last derm I seen thought I had rosacea lol, because I guess they just assume. So I am hoping he doesnt tell me I F-ed my skin forever and if I want it to look normal need some laser work lol..... Thank God I can just wear face powder. Eh, we shall see tho 😀 As far as side effects, ummmm I still dont feel nothing lol.... I only put that cetaphil lotion on when I do my makeup in the mornings and just put Lypsyl on during the day (but those arent really dry either). I am not even dry or flakey after I was my face lol.... SO! The only evidence I have that it is working is that- I am not oily, dont have to wash my hair as often, have to moisturize my scalp once a week, and am not breaking out.

Oh and the best part. On Monday I went to my field placement and was talking to another intern I hadnt seen since November. She all of a sudden cut me off and was like "Oh my gosh are you still taking that medicine? Your face is glowing. It looks nice, I didnt think it was bad before tho." And she had rolled her chair real close to me and was looking at my face! LOL And on Wednesday, my field supervisor who hadnt seen me in over a month either, kept asking what was different. And I told her I got my hair lightened and had bangs now. And she said, "your glowing."

I swear people I am not pregnant LOL!!

MemberMember
(@paulh85)

Posted : 01/13/2012 8:46 pm

Always nice when people say positive things about the progress they can see. At the same time though, I always used to think, 'So you thought it looked bad before? Gee, thanks!'

Surprised that the last derm could have mistook a reaction to the Tea Tree as Rosacea because they're totally different. There are probably things you can use to help calm that though, topically, rather than doing something invasive. I've never really bothered doing much about the damage excess amounts of Tea tree application in my teens caused. My cheeks turned kind of orange for a long while, only there were white rings under my eyes so it looked kind of like I'd been burned by the sun and left my sunglasses on! It's still there to a degree but I just roll with it now. My Mum mentions it sometimes so I guess it's noticeable in certain light, but my sister says she envies how it looks like a tan... lol.gif

Here's hoping you continue to glow and continue to escape the side effects. That's pretty cool, bet it makes it so much easier when you're not having to worry about excessive dryness and stuff. smile.png

MemberMember
(@skylynn)

Posted : 01/14/2012 3:20 am

Lol I am going to confess my tea tree secret to him in Feb.

And yeah I get tired of hearing people always say it wasnt that bad but simultaneously complimenting how great I look now LOL.....

I promise in your pic you look great! I would of never thought you had orange/reddish tone. But if you do looked tanned I know woman are probably jealous lol....

And yeah my side effects are weird. Like a couple times I THOUGHT I was finally going to be flakey, peely dry but nope. Not even the lips really either. The derm said, "trust me you will get there." But nope not yet. Maybe my a$$ is too heavy for 80mg lol.... I mean I am not complaining but I worry acne will come back later again. Oh well, I will continue to enjoy this and be happy my body isnt all achy, dry, itchy, etc. lol

MemberMember
(@savedbygrace1)

Posted : 01/18/2012 3:33 pm

Looks like your treatment is going well...I so wish I wasn't this dry already. My lips need chapstick like every 15 minutes....and my hands have a slight rash. I am on 80mg...and I'm 120lbs. Perhaps that was too much too fast. However, this is my second time, so I should have known what to expect.

The first time I took Tane, hair loss wasn't even mentioned...I wonder why that is the newest thing!

MemberMember
(@skylynn)

Posted : 01/20/2012 1:14 am

Looks like your treatment is going well...I so wish I wasn't this dry already. My lips need chapstick like every 15 minutes....and my hands have a slight rash. I am on 80mg...and I'm 120lbs. Perhaps that was too much too fast. However, this is my second time, so I should have known what to expect.

The first time I took Tane, hair loss wasn't even mentioned...I wonder why that is the newest thing!

Thank you!!! Yes everything is great fortunately. :)

Dang girl your a tiny little thing, I am a while 65lbs heavier than you lol..... I doubt it wasnt too much if its your second time, you can handle this!!!!! :)

You know what one day I had washef my hands alot and they were kinda burning and I had like 7 tiny little red bumps, I kept putting cocoa butter on and it went away. So now when I wash my hands I always put lotion on after. And I don't notice hair loss. Do you? I condition my scalp once a week. I had to start that because one time I washed my hair and it felt dry/course just nasty lol

MemberMember
(@carmela584)

Posted : 01/20/2012 1:40 am

I'm about 10 lbs heavier than you I guess (if I did my math right L0L) and I keep thing my dose wot be high enough for my size eusa_think.gif I do have the really dry lips, I think I need a better lip balm though and my skin is flaking ... but still oily, weird I know ... but I'm not using my lotion bc I'm terrified of it causing me to break out worse but other than the dryness NOTHING and I read about all the headaches and body pains so I keep wondering if it will work eusa_pray.gif

MemberMember
(@savedbygrace1)

Posted : 01/20/2012 8:01 am

Thank you!!! Yes everything is great fortunately. smile.png

Dang girl your a tiny little thing, I am a while 65lbs heavier than you lol..... I doubt it wasnt too much if its your second time, you can handle this!!!!! smile.png

You know what one day I had washef my hands alot and they were kinda burning and I had like 7 tiny little red bumps, I kept putting cocoa butter on and it went away. So now when I wash my hands I always put lotion on after. And I don't notice hair loss. Do you? I condition my scalp once a week. I had to start that because one time I washed my hair and it felt dry/course just nasty lol

Cocoa Butter is a good idea...in fact they have those sticks..I think I might try that out. Just put the stick on everytime I was my hands. And I don't notice any hairloss...it just appears to be all the rage on these boards! Noone ever even mentioned it to me last time. I used head and shoulders last time, so I got it again, and so far so good. I So you do like a deep conditioner once a week? I have to learn to do that!

I'm about 10 lbs heavier than you I guess (if I did my math right L0L) and I keep thing my dose wot be high enough for my size eusa_think.gif I do have the really dry lips, I think I need a better lip balm though and my skin is flaking ... but still oily, weird I know ... but I'm not using my lotion bc I'm terrified of it causing me to break out worse but other than the dryness NOTHING and I read about all the headaches and body pains so I keep wondering if it will work eusa_pray.gif

I read rave revies about Aquaphor lip therapy so I bought it and so far so good. Also neosporin has their own lip balm as well, which is medicated so it might help if you lips are bad. I used Cetaphil products last time around...this time I'm using CeraVe cleanser and lotion. I really like it better. I don't have a reason why, it just feels fresh and clean. It will work don't worry. You aren't that far in yet. I never had aches...sometimes I'm a little tired, but that could just be because it's winter and it's dark.

And I only got a few headaches...usually after the first week, it's just dryness.

GOOD LUCK!

MemberMember
(@skylynn)

Posted : 01/20/2012 11:43 am

Cocoa Butter is a good idea...in fact they have those sticks..I think I might try that out. Just put the stick on everytime I was my hands. And I don't notice any hairloss...it just appears to be all the rage on these boards! Noone ever even mentioned it to me last time. I used head and shoulders last time, so I got it again, and so far so good. I So you do like a deep conditioner once a week? I have to learn to do that!

Yeah do it, it makes my hair feel so nice and pretty hahahaha.... And shhhhh eusa_pray.gif but some weeks I only wash my hair once a week, on sundays LOL! Unless I really worked out hard one day and feel nasty surprised.gif But I had read alot about the hairloss and I just figured it was because their hair and scalp was too dry and their hair was breaking off too. So that first time I washed my hair and it felt like an old broom, I began deep conditioning and conditioning my scalp. I got alot of hair to spare, but I already clog the tub enough lol.... And I love cocoa butter and Curel. Oh and I forgot your sooooo young, I was tiny at your age too lol....and doing lots of things I had no business doing lol....rolleyes.gif

MemberMember
(@skylynn)

Posted : 03/23/2012 11:54 pm

Hi Acne.org Fam!!!! Sorry I disappeared off th face of Earth lol... I was very busy last quarter. Today is DAY 110!!!

Everything has been great! I am still red when I don't have powder on tho. I can't remember the last time I had a pimple or had oily skin. The cetaphil lotion and lypsyl are amazing, :)

I will upload pics in my gallery.

I missed everybody! I hope everyone has been great!!

MemberMember
(@cervantes86)

Posted : 03/26/2012 9:02 pm

glad everything is going great for you!!

MemberMember
(@skylynn)

Posted : 11/30/2012 6:25 pm

Omg I have been gone forever. Well since I finished my accutane course I never broke out again since then. So the battle with acne is now in the past in my life. Does any one know if the accutane sold online without a prescription is legit/real? A friend of mine wants to try it now. I hope everyone is great :-)