The time has come the Walrus said.

MemberMember
(@darkmatter)

Posted : 07/04/2011 9:32 am

Actually im on day 20, wooops

MemberMember
(@methatgirl)

Posted : 07/04/2011 10:42 am

I don't think my ib will be as "tragic" as everybody claims. Sure I will prob break out for a few weeks but I don't think it will be anything that I haven't experienced. My gut says it will not happen. I'm going to remain positive.

LUCKY!

MemberMember
(@jjballer22)

Posted : 07/04/2011 3:13 pm

dont be surprised if you have acne still in your 3rd or 4th month even, this medicine takes time to work. and it also depends how bad your acne was in the first place, mine was moderate to severe so i still have a bunch of clogged pores on my face but its whatever it'll work eventually

MemberMember
(@sanderella24)

Posted : 07/05/2011 6:48 pm

My last day of antibiotics. I will be starting tomorrow. I'm very nervous. My skin is weird. Sometimes it's oily sometimes its dry. I'm worried about the drying effect of accutane. But if it gets too intense on 40 mg I can go down to 20mg? Right? I mean I will never know till I try.

I've had my fun prior to tomorrow. A month in half of kick backs and such. I'm ready to get this over with and begin living my life without fear.

MemberMember
(@crystal841)

Posted : 07/06/2011 11:51 am

Good luck girl!

MemberMember
(@sanderella24)

Posted : 07/06/2011 9:16 pm

YOU GUYS I NEED ADVICE. TODAY WAS THE DAY I WAS GONNA START. I JUST SLICED THE TOP PART OF MY FINGER ON A BLENDER. HAD TO GO TO THE URGENT CARE TO GET STITCHES.... I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO SHOULD I WAIT ANOTHER WEEK OR TAKE THE BULL BY THE HORN? IM WORRIED ABOUT INFECTION AND DELAYED WOUND HEALING ON THE FINGER, PLEASE HELP? I REALLY WANTED TO START TONIGHT

MemberMember
(@darkmatter)

Posted : 07/06/2011 11:04 pm

Youll be fine, esp. With the with the antibiotics youve been taking. Start tonight

MemberMember
(@sanderella24)

Posted : 07/06/2011 11:07 pm

you sure darkmatter? my finger is sliced the length of a finger nail at the edge of my finger. the skin is separated but i have four stitches in there right now wrapped really well. I want to start tonight.

MemberMember
(@poppyk)

Posted : 07/07/2011 12:11 am

I think you should go for it! The meds won't slow down the healing process instantly.

MemberMember
(@again)

Posted : 07/07/2011 1:44 am

Here's my thinking, there is always going to be something that holds you back. You said it-take the bull by the horn! You can do it!

MemberMember
(@sanderella24)

Posted : 07/07/2011 6:04 pm

Great advice again, so I took my first pill last night.

Ladies and gentlemen we have lift off..

Day 1:

For some odd reason when I went to bed last night a feeling of calmness came over me. Adieu Acne. I thank you for showing me to be humble but it is time for you and I to depart.

I woke up in the middle of the night with a feeling like I needed some serious water. You know after a long night of drinking you're just like man, I'm very dehydrated. It was kinda like that but less intense. So I downed two bottles of water. I'm naturally a camel so this is gonna be interesting. When I woke up my lips felt a tad dry but nothing out of the ordinary, I think that's just my brain messing with me. I did however wake up to what felt like cotton mouth! I think that's def associated with lack of water over the night. And right now I've been trying to eat a sandwich that is the size of my hand and I'm already stuffed ;-( Anxiety or accutane?

No new zits to report of course. I will say this though, some inflammation that I had last night seems less intense as well. My face just looks at peace, this could be my head too 😉

Hope all is well with the fellow accutane users. I will update again tomorrow hehehhe Stay strong.

MemberMember
(@sanderella24)

Posted : 07/07/2011 9:06 pm

Okay so I felt fine when I woke up but a few hours later I just feel funny. It's like a headache but not. Is that normal after not even 24 hours?

MemberMember
(@whitneyonaccutane)

Posted : 07/07/2011 9:25 pm

Could be mental. Could be allergies?? You're starting with 40mg? I think it's normal. I felt a lil funny in a couple of days of taking 20mg. It went away though. Also, since you are starting a new medicine, you will be hyper aware of what's going on with your body. So something that might not have gotten your attention before will get it now. Good luck on your course! i'm so happy for you that you finally started!

MemberMember
(@sanderella24)

Posted : 07/07/2011 9:58 pm

Thanks love. Yeah I'm already hyper aware of how my body reacts to things in general so I'm even more so now. The migraine went away. If I start having vision problems or serious throbbing im gonna call my doc immediately.

MemberMember
(@daveeh27)

Posted : 07/08/2011 1:02 am

You won't have any night vision, and not supposed to drive at night.

Although i still do.

MemberMember
(@crystal841)

Posted : 07/08/2011 11:40 am

Ya, my eyes r slower to adjust between light and dark and vice versa. Be careful driving at night.

Oh, and I felt odd and had headches my first few days as well, but like Whitney, that went away for me.

Good luck baby!

MemberMember
(@sanderella24)

Posted : 07/08/2011 11:49 am

Thanks love. Yeah I was so glad it went away yesterday! I've been drinking so much water. For us ladies, do you think we retain more water? or Loose more water?

MemberMember
(@sanderella24)

Posted : 07/08/2011 3:38 pm

Day two:

So I woke up with no headache which is awesome. I had to drive a ways for my follow up for my doc apt. I guess theres a mini infection so I have to take antibotics.... WHICH STINKS. I don't want to be on anymore antibiotics. Bactrim. I'm still going to take my accutane. I got burned a bit driving over there. I don't know if its a burn or just a reaction to the medication. My skin was less red overall but now since being in the car it reacted very quickly. I'm tired. ;-( Today I'm not very positive for some reason. I have some built up anger, acne is seriously a mind trip. It constantly tests you.

MemberMember
(@mynameisjulia)

Posted : 07/09/2011 1:27 am

Day two:

So I woke up with no headache which is awesome. I had to drive a ways for my follow up for my doc apt. I guess theres a mini infection so I have to take antibotics.... WHICH STINKS. I don't want to be on anymore antibiotics. Bactrim. I'm still going to take my accutane. I got burned a bit driving over there. I don't know if its a burn or just a reaction to the medication. My skin was less red overall but now since being in the car it reacted very quickly. I'm tired. ;-( Today I'm not very positive for some reason. I have some built up anger, acne is seriously a mind trip. It constantly tests you.

teeelllll me about it. i've been having headaches but nothing unbearable. it's hard to decide if its from the accutane or not since i've basically had these kinds of headaches my whole life.

it sucks about the antibiotics, but it's not too bad. sounds like you're taking a great approach to how you're going to handle your skin, mind, and health. i'm impressed! you can do this. it's only day 2 but i can't believe i'm already on day 22. it feels like i've only been taking it for a few days. time will fly.

MemberMember
(@sanderella24)

Posted : 07/09/2011 1:36 am

Thanks lovely, so far my skin has become way more oily I've read and seen on youtube videos this is my skin purging the oil? Yeah?

Yeah the headache was just really bad yesterday, I think it was just a shocker to my body and I wasn't hydrated enough. I'm taking all the necessary precautions, probiotic, fish oil, moisturizer then vaseline, vit e, vit c, I'm even applying hemorrhoid cream (sorry tmi) even though I don't need it, I don't want to dry out in places and have to stop my course even for a few days.

I see you're on day 22! How's it going? What were the first 2 weeks like?

MemberMember
(@sanderella24)

Posted : 07/09/2011 8:14 pm

Day 3

The past two days my skin was oily, I can already start to feel a tad drier. I'm washing with cetephil cleanser for normal to dry skin, in a week ill start using the la roche posay bar, and I'm still using cerave cream right after I wash my face and then putting a small film of vaseline over my entire face.

I haven't experienced any HUGE side effects, granted it's only the third day 😉 My lips are a tad dry but I'm a chapstick addict so that's not gonna be a problem. Still drinking tons of water. The headache I experienced on monday has not returned, I think I was just not drinking enough water.

Now for my skin 😉 I do not want to jinx myself however I can see the inflammation in my face going down, my skin is more even toned and the "spots" that I have are already going down. I woke up and my mom was like hows the accutane going? I said I think its pretty good so far, and she looked at me and said yeah it is, you're actually glowing and she started to say "If you're already clearing up in 3 days......" trying to stay positive. I have a few blackheads where I got my eyebrows threaded before I started accutane. They were getting pretty bushy and I really don't want to mess with them on accutane.

Thinking happy thoughts 😉

MemberMember
(@tmiko)

Posted : 07/09/2011 8:48 pm

Congratulations on starting. Hopefully everything goes well and you don't get an IB :D

MemberMember
(@again)

Posted : 07/09/2011 9:51 pm

Congrats on finally starting! I will be starting either next Thursday or Friday and I just can't wait. I feel like my scaredness has vanished and now i'm just super excited to just get on with my life.

I hoping happy thoughts for you! ;)

MemberMember
(@mynameisjulia)

Posted : 07/10/2011 12:08 am

Thanks lovely, so far my skin has become way more oily I've read and seen on youtube videos this is my skin purging the oil? Yeah?

Yeah the headache was just really bad yesterday, I think it was just a shocker to my body and I wasn't hydrated enough. I'm taking all the necessary precautions, probiotic, fish oil, moisturizer then vaseline, vit e, vit c, I'm even applying hemorrhoid cream (sorry tmi) even though I don't need it, I don't want to dry out in places and have to stop my course even for a few days.

I see you're on day 22! How's it going? What were the first 2 weeks like?

haha, yeah, i am on day 22! the first two weeks went by really fast. like you, i had pretty awesome skin the first few days. then i had a mild break out. don't panic! i've heard breakouts happen throughout treatment.

my skin started shedding like crazy and that lasted about a week. i wouldn't slather any products on it, it doesn't help, just a simple moisturizer at night. too much product freaks your face out!

sometimes you might get achey, especially in your lower back. it's weird. i was like, "wtf am i pregnant or something?" which, of course, isn't possible, but it feels like that's what being pregnant feels like. haha, lol, i'm such a loser.

anyway, yeah, from my log i've pretty much covered the side effects i had. but those are the major ones that stick out to me!

oh, also, if you ever had acne on your arms, back, chest... mine are pretty much all gone. just a few spots on my arms and back, but those areas haven't really broken out since i started.

gooood luck! only day 3 but it feels good to be started, eh?

MemberMember
(@sanderella24)

Posted : 07/10/2011 6:20 pm

Thanks juila 😉 I have a very weird question for you? Has your skin ever been oily and then if you put make up on it it flakes? I know this has to do with dehydration, its prob from years and years of using harsh products on my face, I hope a break from all of the products for six months will help my skin. I really hope its not dermatitis. I've asked my derm if it was and said no, it doesn't look like dermatitis. ;-/

Day four

The day of side effects ;-). So I again awoke to that feeling of being so dehydrated, much like a hangover. That feeling stinks! I downed a bunch of water and then went back to bed. My entire body has become drier, right now I feel like a snake. My hands are the driest part but that's normal, I was them so frequently it just happens. Lips are def drying out but nothing chapstick can't take over. One thing I didn't take care of four days ago were my eyes. Man my eyes are dried out. Everything is! My hair appears longer because it isn't as wavy its just straight, which I don't mind, I have a lot of hair.

So a few weird things that I have noticed. Face is a little fuller I think its from just inflammation. And yesterday I downed a huge thing of water and I looked preggers for 2 hours and then all of the sudden that water vanished, I peed a couple times but nothing huge, and then I looked like a starving african child. It was very weird.

I also noticed some muscle tightness in my upper thighs but that could be from walking around in heals yesterday.