The countdown

MemberMember
(@dr1185)

Posted : 01/24/2011 7:14 pm

Hi, everyone!

My name is Danielle and I live in Philadelphia PA. I've been dealing with acne off and on for about 6 years. I'm now at the point where topical treatments and antibiotics are just not working anymore. So last week when I met with my dermatologist, she suggested going on accutane. Since then, I've been doing a lot of reading about accutane, particularly the side effects, and I've decided that the best thing to do is just go for it. The worst that could happen is that I have some bad side effects and can't finish the full course - and then, I would just be back where I am now. So here's the countdown to accutane - 30 days. I can't wait!

MemberMember
(@katushkinz)

Posted : 01/24/2011 11:21 pm

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@nwhitney12)

Posted : 02/19/2014 8:24 pm

Hi, everyone!My name is Danielle and I live in Philadelphia PA. I've been dealing with acne off and on for about 6 years. I'm now at the point where topical treatments and antibiotics are just not working anymore. So last week when I met with my dermatologist, she suggested going on accutane. Since then, I've been doing a lot of reading about accutane, particularly the side effects, and I've decided that the best thing to do is just go for it. The worst that could happen is that I have some bad side effects and can't finish the full course - and then, I would just be back where I am now. So here's the countdown to accutane - 30 days. I can't wait!

Hi Danielle, which dermatologist in Philadelphia prescribed you accutane? I went on it a year ago and now my oil and acne is starting to come back and I would like to go back on ASAP. Please let me know, Thank you!

MemberMember
(@smileyjoy)

Posted : 02/20/2014 7:23 pm

Hi Danielle! I am going to be starting Accutane in two weeks, so we will be starting around the same time. I'm happy to find someone that will be going through the same journey as me at the same time! I am going to be starting a log when I start in March. I hope the countdown goes by quickly for you

MemberMember
(@crashoran)

Posted : 02/20/2014 8:04 pm

I would suggest you listen to your body and trust your gut when you start taking it. I had pretty bad side effects only 6 days in, and had to stop. I'd hate to see other people go through what I did.