Notifications
Clear all

A Frustrated 34 Yr Old's Anti-Acne Log: The Regimen

MemberMember
(@milly857)

Posted : 11/27/2016 9:39 pm

It's been almost a year since my last post! In an effort to get pregnant, I went off Spironolactone which caused my acne to come back with a vengeance. Even without Spiro, I was still using Dan's cleanser, AHA, moisturizer and Neutrogena SA but it wasn't enough to keep my acne at bay.  Spiro really was the magic pill that controlled my acne, once I stopped taking it, my acne got as bad or worse than it ever was (see my before pics from 2014).

I made an appointment at a local acne clinic and they put me on a strict routine. I have completely switched my makeup to Priia which is mineral based and all natural. The makeup feels light on my skin, I highly recommend it. You can order it on their website. The creme foundation stick is fantastic, has great coverage yet feels light on my skin. I use the powder foundation on top of the creme foundation stick (I use that as a concealer) and their blush is great too. 

I have had no new acne, my last new pimple was probably 2 months ago! But I will admit that I don't think this routine is sustainable. It's expensive and, to me, it's a lot to do 2x/day. Maybe I will stick with it, I don't know yet. 

Here's my regimen:
Morning
Dan's gentle cleanser
Seabreeze Astringent 
Clear Command Moisturizing Gel
Clear Command Mandelic Serum #3

Night
Dan's gentle cleanser
Seabreeze Astringent
Clear Command Moisturizing Gel
Clear Command Mandelic Serum #3
Clear Command 10% BP

1x/week at night
Clear Command 10% BP + Sulfur mask. I leave this on for 10 minutes and then do my nighttime routine. It helps with inflammation.

*Note: I worked my way up to this strength over the course of 8 months. I started at 2.5% BP, then 5%, then 10%. Same with the Serum, I worked my way up from #1 to #2 to #3.