Teenage Acne

MemberMember
(@gregloera)

Posted : 07/31/2014 1:23 pm

Hey Jen, I'm almost 3 weeks into the regimen, and the peeling is really bad for me! Does it go away, and any tips on how to remove the dead patches? I just have the acne.org moisturizer. I've tried take it off with a damp towel, but it barely does anything.

MemberMember
(@jenjen182)

Posted : 08/01/2014 11:48 pm

Day 26 Update

Wow, my skin is looking very good. Had a slight increase in breakouts, but I believe it was just due to hormones, yuck. At least they are fading fast.

My skin tone is looking so even! I feel proud every time I look in mirror! It honestly is making me so happy. I used to cover up my skin with full coverage foundations but now I can wear a lightweight foundation and it makes my skin appear just as flawless as before! I feel so much more confident!

Have a great night/morning everyone!

Hey Jen, I'm almost 3 weeks into the regimen, and the peeling is really bad for me! Does it go away, and any tips on how to remove the dead patches? I just have the acne.org moisturizer. I've tried take it off with a damp towel, but it barely does anything.

Hi again!

Yes, the peeling is just horrible. What I found that really helps is the jojoba oil, if you don't have any already. You can buy it at any health food grocery store, or health food store, etc. It seriously moisturizes like crazy and the patches just disappear after it is applied. And I think it helps even the skin tone out as well. Another remedy that you most likely already have is Vaseline! I just pat this onto either my worst dry places or all over my face and it works wonders and stays there for a long time.

Finally, for exfoliating, I'd really love to try a scrub but I'm a little scared about going for something that could bring acne back. So far all I've done is damp a small cloth and rub it over my cheeks and chin then rinsed with water. Also, exfoliating like this after the shower can help...

And as for it going away, it hasn't left me yet, but it has decreased a huge amount since when I first started experiencing it. From what I understand, most people say it goes away in 1-3 months after starting the Regimen.

Good luck, and I will share any more info about the peeling problems if I come across any solutions!

-Jen

MemberMember
(@imonlyjasmyne)

Posted : 08/02/2014 2:41 am

Im 14 & i have moderate acne. It is so annoying cause i cant even look any one in the face. Im very insecure. Ive heard about the lemon juice remedy, & im currently trying it. I hope this works, so far i have no good results.

MemberMember
(@jenjen182)

Posted : 08/02/2014 10:53 pm

Im 14 & i have moderate acne. It is so annoying cause i cant even look any one in the face. Im very insecure. Ive heard about the lemon juice remedy, & im currently trying it. I hope this works, so far i have no good results.

Hi there!

Doesn't acne suck? Just when people need to feel confident the most, acne just drags everyone down. It is nice to hear that other people understand though- it's great to know I'm not in this alone!

Lemon juice remedy... I'm assuming just putting lemon juice on the face? I have heard of that and tried it, but to no success. Hopefully it will work on your skin! Let me know how it goes!

-Jen

MemberMember
(@jenjen182)

Posted : 08/04/2014 6:11 pm

Day 28 Update

Just reached 4 weeks, wow! Things have gotten so much better. My skin is so much clearer, and I can't even begin to thank this website enough!

My routine hasn't changed, still the same, and it seems to be working very well. I do not do benzoyl peroxide twice a day- only at night because it is too strong otherwise. I can't believe that in about a month I'll be heading back to school with clear skin!

The dryness has lessened a lot, probably since my skin has gotten used to the benzoyl peroxide. I do get patchy flaking, but I know how to control it and have found the right products to moisturize and make the skin look healthy and luminous versus oily and covered in acne.

Hope everyone else's routine on the Regimen is going as well as mine is!

-Jen

MemberMember
(@jenjen182)

Posted : 08/09/2014 7:26 pm

Day 32 Update

Hi!

So things have not been going as well on my skin. I now have 3 visible whiteheads on my forehead, and above my lip. But other than that my skin is clear, yay! Continuing the same routine and hoping these leave the face fast!

-Jen

MemberMember
(@jenjen182)

Posted : 08/14/2014 11:10 pm

Day 38 Update

So my skin is back to clear again, guess I just went through an odd stage. I can now put on the full dosage of BP and only experience a light tingle! It's a great thing to see my skin so clear and happy. The dryness is almost gone actually. I rarely get dry patches anymore and can put on makeup with no problem, although I am somewhat used to applying moisturizing products now. I found that the BP also knocked out the oilyness of my skin a lot, so I don't have to worry about getting shiny anymore! Yay! So I'd say my skin is just dry now.

Other than that I'm really happy and things are going very well. Can't wait to go back to school in 3 weeks with this clear skin!

-Jen

horsey310 liked
MemberMember
(@jenjen182)

Posted : 08/21/2014 12:57 am

Day 43 Update

Wow, I can't believe my skin and I have come this far. I'm not swiftly approaching the 2 month mark on the Regimen and I couldn't be happier. Sure, I get the occasional break out now and then, but that's ONE on an otherwise CLEAR face. I am so happy with the results I received. I will probably post one or two more times, but then this thread will be complete! I'm thrilled to say that I posted my success story onto acne.org, so feel free to check it out.

Have a great night/day,

-Jen

horsey310 liked
MemberMember
(@horsey310)

Posted : 08/22/2014 11:07 am

Thanks for all the updates, Jen! Congratulations on getting clear :) I'm in my 3rd week on the regimen and your results are really encouraging.

MemberMember
(@jenjen182)

Posted : 09/03/2014 11:10 pm

Thanks for all the updates, Jen! Congratulations on getting clear :) I'm in my 3rd week on the regimen and your results are really encouraging.

Thank you for reading! Being clear has made such a difference in the way I live my life... I can't thank Dan enough.

Hopefully you are seeing really good results as well! :)

MemberMember
(@jenjen182)

Posted : 05/17/2015 8:37 pm

So it's been forever since I last updated, but I figure that I should. I've kept up with the Regimen since September, and my skin has been alright. It's definitely not clear- probably pretty similar to when I started off with the Regimen.

I've kept up with the same routine but for some reason my sits just started appearing more and more frequently. I'm pretty sure it's just hormonal, but it's definitely not fun. My skin is still very dry and peels up frequently.

While I did enjoy the Regimen in the beginning, I'm not quite sure if this will work for me in the long run. I'll keep it up because it's the only thing I know though. The only thing I can think of is me not applying the BP twice a day, but I think if I did it twice a day my skin would get very dry...

-Jen