Notifications
Clear all

Flyhigh's Regimen Log

MemberMember
(@flyhigh)

Posted : 12/19/2012 11:15 am

Hello! I have been struggling with acne since I was 11. It has been 4 years worth of struggle and I am finally sick and tired of it. I have bumps all over my forehead, upper cheeks, upper lip. My upper lip has a lot of black heads and white heads only appear on my nose. Little buggers are so difficult to remove. My skin is extremely oily. I can soak up a total sheet of blotting paper from clean and clear and have the second sheet still be soaking up my oil.

Regimen:

Morning,

Wash hands

Wash face with Paula's Choice hydralight one step face cleanser normal to oily/combination skin

Rinse with water

Pat dry

Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid

Benzoyl peroxide

Jojoba oil as moisturiser (occasionally)

Paula's Choice Suncare extra care non-greasy sunscreen

Night,

Wash hands

Wash face with Paula's Choice hydralight one step face cleanser normal to oily/combination skin

Rinse with water

Pat dry

Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid

Benzoyl peroxide

Jojoba oil as moisturiser (occasionally)

WEEKLY,

Paula's Choice Weekly Resurfacing Treatment with 10% AHA

~~~~~~~~~~

WEEK ONE

I applied the recommended amount of bp for week one. There was little improvement. No breakouts.

WEEK TWO

I hate week two.

Breakouts,

Forehead: 2 big pus filled zits

Nose: 1 pimple on the tip of my nose.

Left cheek: 1 pimple

Right cheek: ANGRY red pimple

Chin: No breakouts

Upper lip: No breakouts

My bumps have shrunk a little, not much but still slight improvement.

I am on day 20 right now (tomorrow is end of week 3 for me)

On day 17, there was 5 pus filled pimple on my forehead.

They have shrunk now since I dapped extra BP on them.

Update: Under all the stress of my final national exam, the acne came back even though I maintained the regimen. Yes, after day 25, about 2 months later, my acne cleared up. The regimen does work but sadly, due to the stress mine came back. But fear not, I will continue to keep up with the regimen. Hopefully it goes away after my exams. Wish me luck.

MemberMember
(@flyhigh)

Posted : 12/20/2012 12:48 pm

Day 21

I have a new red pimple on my upper right cheek. I just hope that this is a hormonal breakout since I am going through my T.O.M.

Forehead pimples have shrunk slightly.

MemberMember
(@flyhigh)

Posted : 12/24/2012 12:46 pm

Day 25

First, I am very stressed right now cause of Christmas and my last minute gift wrapping but surprisingly, I suffer from no major breakouts! The big red pimples have gone down (2 leaving a scar..) I see no improvement this past few days but I can say that my skin is getting used to the bp. I am now at 3/4 of my whole finger and my skin is slightly itching but it goes away after 3 minutes. My right cheeks and middle of my forehead broke out with small bumps but I'm sure it will go away after awhile since I am piling this bp. I came back only to find that acne.org has a new layout! Very nice! But I can't seem to find the what to expect section. I used to love to read it cause it gave me hopes that my skin will follow the moderate acne guideline. Merry Christmas!

MemberMember
(@flyhigh)

Posted : 01/01/2013 10:19 am

I have changed the products I used and I reckon, I have a 40% clearance! My side pimples are almost gone and my cheeks are almost cleared. My forehead feels smoother. Under all the stress I am having, I have about 4 breakouts on my head.

MemberMember
(@garrettryan)

Posted : 01/01/2013 9:14 pm

40% clearence is awesome! Seems like things are really working for you.

Keep it up (:

MemberMember
(@thereisalwayshope)

Posted : 01/14/2013 11:36 am

Great job, all you have to do it continue, and you will reap the resells :)

MemberMember
(@flyhigh)

Posted : 09/04/2013 8:19 am

Hi guys, yes my face has totally cleared up after the last post but sadly, since I am sitting for my finals in a couple of weeks, my acne came back. It's so sad afterall, I worked hard for my clear skin and my acne just had to come back. But I am going to continue with the regimen and hopefully after my finals, this will all clear up :)