Notifications
Clear all

New- female with hormonal acne, just started The Regimen

MemberMember
(@sweetsleep)

Posted : 01/24/2010 9:47 am

January 24th 2010

I just got 4 painful zits in the last 2 days. I'm on week 4 of the regimen and I thought my skin should be clearing up more. I have a painful deep one on my chin and one on my temple (seems like those are popular spots). And a couple more. I guess I could determine some triggers that have happened in the past few days:

not enough sleep lately

hanging around my friends house whose dad chain smokes in the house

grievance/stress due to death of a family member

Having a lot more dairy products

drinking decaf coffee more (still have some caffeine in it)

Not sure if the last two things contribute but it's possible. I need to stick to soy milk and no coffee or coffee very rarely if I can.

Patience and positive attitude! Things will clear up :) *trying to stay happy, healthy and positive*

MemberMember
(@sweetsleep)

Posted : 01/25/2010 12:07 pm

January 25th 2010

So I was worried about the peeling on my face and neck and discolored skin- nearly all of that is gone now and my skin is radiant!

I have been doing those gentle jojoba soil massages and yesterday in the shower after cleansing, pretty much the remaining skin peeled off when I was rubbing my fingers over my face. It wasn't painful at all, just a natural peeling process due to the BP. The skin underneath is healthy and glowing! I'm so glad... what a relief that I hadn't done damage to myself with Dan's powerful BP.

I ordered more regimen supplies (can't wait till I start AHA). I also ordered the Lac-Hydrin 5 Moisturizer from drugstore.com that everyone raves about. I will start using that moisturizer daily with a few drops of jojoba oil if it's too thick and then little by little, add in Dan's AHA.

MemberMember
(@sweetsleep)

Posted : 01/29/2010 9:29 pm

January 29th 2010

OK, you want proof of radiant healthy skin? Here it is!! Just WEEK 5 of Dan's regimen. My scars are fading and my skin is used to the BP. Two days ago I got Dan's AHA and put some on over my moisturizer. In TWO days that stuff has made my skin radiant and gorgeous! I used it over my moisturizer so it didn't sting at all. Have been using just a bit and it's definitely the secret ingredient, several people have noticed my complexion. It's smoother to the touch, clear, radiant, like a super model ;)

See pics below! The skin on my temples and forehead is a bit crusty still, not sure if I should cut back on the BP there or what. Might stick it out for another month and see if it improves. I also ordered some lotion and will be looking for SPF better than the Olay junk I have now.

post-119565-1264818370_thumb.jpg

post-119565-1264818376_thumb.jpg

THANK YOU DAN!!

I will post all my progress pics up on another board soon so people can see yet more proof that Dan's regimen really works. He has boosted my confidence so much... I feel very grateful.

post-119565-1264818370_thumb.jpg

post-119565-1264818376_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@silverangelx)

Posted : 01/30/2010 7:59 pm

I'm so glad things are working for you! Your complexion looks wonderful by the way! I'm really excited to use the AHA now:)

MemberMember
(@sweetsleep)

Posted : 01/31/2010 8:18 pm

I'm so glad things are working for you! Your complexion looks wonderful by the way! I'm really excited to use the AHA now:)

Thanks! The AHA really did the trick, but I would recommend starting slow because OMG does it STING right after BP. It spreads really well so even a little goes a long way!

I think it's the secret ingredient all the actresses and models use :P

MemberMember
(@puuchi)

Posted : 01/31/2010 9:15 pm

^ I agree.. It stings a lot...!! I just want to "rip" my face off.. lol! Now I only spot treat. I have used the old AHA+ before and it didn't sting that much, I guess this updated version have some ingredients that does that... Anyway, glad that all is going well!! :)

MemberMember
(@sweetsleep)

Posted : 02/02/2010 9:34 am

February 2nd 2010

I almost typed in "January"- sheesh where is the time flying to?

Well a couple of days ago I got a big pimple right on the cheek area under my eye. You know why? I am sure it's because I used blush for a couple of days straight. Not any blush, blush that I realized, has been siting in my makeup bag for 4 years! Eeeee. Of course I looked very cute the days I wore it, but then ... nice big red pimple for the world to see.

I also tend to get breakouts near my temple area and along the side of my face where the hairline is. I have realized this is probably due to my hair rubbing on my face and my hair products are not non-comedogenic. I'm cutting out one of the products I use on my hair (I use two cause my hair is crazy curly) and seeing if just one is enough and safe. I will also use a few drops of jojoba oil in my hair to lessen frizz since I know that works well.

Other than that, things are going well!

MemberMember
(@sweetsleep)

Posted : 02/08/2010 6:08 pm

February 8th 2010

So yeah, that breakout on my cheek has gotten bigger, and I got 2 more large ones since then. Things were going so well, I don't know what is going on. Two of them are where I used that blush so maybe that's it. AHA makes my complexion soft but does not really help with spot treatment. It's disappointing...

Also I still have "crusty" darkish looking skin along my temples and sides of my cheeks. Not sure why?

I am still in week 5 of the regimen though so I will just keep going with it.

Going going going!

Also we recently got blasted with a snowstorm, 2 feet of snow. Just dug ourselves out, but another storm is on the way...

MemberMember
(@sweetsleep)

Posted : 02/18/2010 10:39 am

February 19th 2010

Finally an update!

So the regimen is going well for me. I have some old marks from recent pimples but seem relatively clear. My skin is looking much less scarred for sure and my complexion clearer.

I found 2 things to be extremely important in Dan's Regimen, these really make the regimen work:

1. be extremely gentle when applying BP or anything rubbing your face. Fingertips gliding over face only.

2. Allow the BP to dry a full 20-25 minutes after application before applying moisturizer. This gives the BP a chance to penetrate and start working.

Of course now I am experimenting with sunscreens so I hope this doesn't kill my complexion again. Currently I am using Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock SPF 30.

It goes on great and I used it in place of my Lac Hydrin-Five moisturizer. I am going to use the sunscreen for a week every morning and will update again soon with pics.

MemberMember
(@sweetsleep)

Posted : 02/26/2010 10:20 am

February 26 2010

I am completing WEEK 8 of the regimen today. The update is as such:

my complexion looks great.

I still get breakouts.

I am having my period this week (sorry if that is TMI for some) and I got 5 new breakouts. Some have come to a head and I have been able to pop, but some are just siting there. It's really annoying and for a couple of days before my hormones started acting up I actually had clear skin. This seems to be a pattern- clear skin for 2 days and then breakouts lingering on my face for a week, leaving behind scars for another week or two. I am not sure the regimen is helping prevent the formation of new breakouts...

Of course I am going to keep going with the regimen- I have all the supplies and it helps my complexion so there is no reason not to keep going. Also for some people it didnt work for many months so... we'll see.

I have noticed that these breakouts occur in the same places over and over, mainly on the periphery of my face like jawline, temples, near the sides of my face. And all these people are either where my hair brushes against my face or my clothes/collars. They also occur when my hormones are acting up. Sigh, SO many factors. I get so discouraged sometimes...

MemberMember
(@sweetsleep)

Posted : 03/17/2010 2:28 pm

March 17th 2010

I know I haven't updated in a while. I am still getting a bad pimple popping up now and then, even though I have been on the regimen for nearly 11 weeks (this is the 11th week) I am still getting pimples. They happen one or two at a time, then when those heal or I pop them, another ones starts forming somewhere else so that I am never quite free of them. They are also lasting a loooong time plus they are big nodules that get all bulbous on my face. I dont get it and I am sick of it. Why do I always have one pimple on my face at all times that takes forever to go away and looks all nasty right there on my cheek and leaves a scar for a month?!

I hate it, I hate acne. It makes me feel really ugly especially when I know everyone is staring at that one giant pus filled spot under my eye rather than seeing me as a whole. Sure I dont have horrible acne like some people, but it just sits on my face like a wart and attracts attention. Yeah, yeah, I'll stick with the regimen.

MemberMember
(@puuchi)

Posted : 03/19/2010 8:21 pm

Yeah, stick with the regimen :) and don't "pop your pimple"! or try not to... It won't do good.

I have been on the regimen for about 4 months now... and I still have some random pimple here and there... and I like you said... it takes forever (many months) to go away and I have a few red marks on my cheeks.. been there for a while (well, since the last 4 months). Just have to wait! They will fade in time... But I prefer to improve them so exfoliating would be good. The AHA+ doesn't seems to help much in fading them.. kind of irritated my skin. I am going to try the Cure Natural Aqua Gel soon (Japan top selling product and many people are "raving" about it) It is supposed to exfoliate the skin in a more gentler way. The jojoba oil is okay to remove dead skin, but not enough... oh, also, I notice that the jojoba oil kind of "slip" on my skin... so it brings the bp near my eyes... and on my neck.. I got these little red dots .. =/ I'm gonna use less..

keep it up :)

MemberMember
(@sweetsleep)

Posted : 03/26/2010 8:49 pm

Yeah, stick with the regimen :) and don't "pop your pimple"! or try not to... It won't do good.

I have been on the regimen for about 4 months now... and I still have some random pimple here and there... and I like you said... it takes forever (many months) to go away and I have a few red marks on my cheeks.. been there for a while (well, since the last 4 months). Just have to wait! They will fade in time... But I prefer to improve them so exfoliating would be good. The AHA+ doesn't seems to help much in fading them.. kind of irritated my skin. I am going to try the Cure Natural Aqua Gel soon (Japan top selling product and many people are "raving" about it) It is supposed to exfoliate the skin in a more gentler way. The jojoba oil is okay to remove dead skin, but not enough... oh, also, I notice that the jojoba oil kind of "slip" on my skin... so it brings the bp near my eyes... and on my neck.. I got these little red dots .. =/ I'm gonna use less..

keep it up :)

thanks Leakt :)

March 26th 2010

So I dont have any new pimples. Just old red marks from old ones. I really hope it stays that way. Also it's "that time of month" so usually around this time I get new pimples. I hope no more will show up...

Will update again soon. Hopefully with pics.

MemberMember
(@sweetsleep)

Posted : 04/01/2010 10:37 am

April 1st 2010

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS!

I'm so happy, I have no new breakouts, well a tiny one near my ear but nothing huge and scary. My skin has been clear for about 2 weeks now. However this scar on my cheek is taking a really long time to heal. Normally would heal in a week but it's taking ages now ... I'm a bit worried it won't go away before my big date but I hope it does. I have a big date lined up for 3 weeks from now, haha.

Also once I finished Dan's BP in a tube, I started using the bottle with pump. I realized that I am only using HALF the amount of BP recommended (one pump each morning and evening) instead of two full pumps. Soooo... I'm going to stick with that since it's working. Why use more BP if I have to? I thought I was using the full amount from the tube (one thick fingers length) but I wasn't... Cool!

I heard the Olay Sensitive Skin SPF30 (or is it 15?) moisturizer is being re-introduced in April. I am going to try to order some since its sunny spring and hitting around 70 degrees.

MemberMember
(@sweetsleep)

Posted : 04/12/2010 3:47 pm

April 12th 2010

I can't believe it's mid-April already.... ! I have been on the Regimen since January 1st and my face looks nice. Still a couple of scars but they are fading. I tried to exfoliate all the dead skin on my face with a soft washcloth and promptly ended up with one small breakout near my mouth which has been there for days just hurting. Can't see it too much but it's there- a little bump which hurts a bit when I touch it. I hope it doesn't leave another scar and goes away soon.

The scar on my cheek is still very visible.

Good news is that I got a sunscreen that is working well. Actually I just got samples and have been using is about 4 days now. It's called EltaMD SPF 45 (with no oil). I have a few very tiny breakouts, more like clogged pores, around my eye sockets and I just noticed them today. I hope they don't get bigger or more in number and I hope that they aren't due to the sunscreen! I love to be out in the sun but using BP is making me very photosensitive. I get sunburned so quickly

So yeah, will update as things move along.

MemberMember
(@sweetsleep)

Posted : 08/03/2010 8:02 am

August 3, 2010

Yes, it's been quite a long while since I updated my journal. But that is because things are going so well!! I have gotten so clear and my skin is so lovely. I am doing Dan's Regimen 2 times a day: when I wake and when I sleep. I still use the jojoba oil and lac hydrin 5 moisturizer as well as Dan's cleanser, treatment and AHA.

I am very very gentle on my face and allow for 20 mins or more of letting the BP treatment dry on my face before moisturizing.

Once in a while due to stress and not being gentle, I have gotten a breakout on my face and it can get big, but I realize that's my own fault, and it will go away eventually. Sometimes my skin gets flaky, but I just gently rub my fingers over my face in the shower while my skin is wet and the dead stuff comes off.

Things are going great and it's been 7 months on the Regimen, hurray! I attached a pic below. I have suddenly become very photogenic because my skin is always so lovely :D

post-119565-1280840539_thumb.jpg

post-119565-1280840539_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@nk20)

Posted : 08/04/2010 9:31 am

Wow what a success story. Logs like yours give everyone hope :D Congrats on the clear skin - enjoy it!

MemberMember
(@ariana98)

Posted : 08/15/2010 7:39 pm

What a fantastic story! I want to say something to you about the hormonal acne...it is something I have as well and finally discovered a supplement that really helped....myo-inositol. It helps to improve your insulin resistance and thereby reduces the male hormones. Helped my acne and my hormones in general. Happily for me though, I just found out I was pregnant(2nd time), and had to stop taking it.

A background though : I found out exactly the cause of my hormonal acne through blood testing (I had some blood markers for PCOS - my LH was double my FSH on day 3 of my cycle - but other markers exist like high androstenedione, high testosterone, high DHEA - I did not have these markers just the LH).

I had used differin a few years ago with some success, but that was contraindicated in pregnancy (stopped that at my first pregnancy). From then on I was nursing and planning another pregnancy so differin was not an option. So i then used BP, but decided to stop because I am 35 and wanted to avoid the oxidative/aging effects on my skin. Anyway I started using Murad, which was only OK, but together with the inositol, it was under control. However once I became pregnant, and had to stop inositol, Murad has not at all been controlling my acne. All kinds of comedones, and some pustules again.

So, I decided to go back on the BP ...but this time with Dan's regimen with jojoba and AHA. I will let you know what happens!!! I just ordered it now...in the meantime I will use the 2.5 % bp lotion I have at home to get ready for it.

Just wanted to let you know about the inositol...it not only helps the acne but helps the underlying cause. I got a metagenics brand called cenitol. It is marketed for nervous system health, but also helps with insulin resistance. oh yeah and eat low GI.

:)

MemberMember
(@sweetsleep)

Posted : 11/11/2011 2:53 pm

November 11, 2011

Ok, thought I would update here because I logged in to buy more of Dan's products (I use his BP Treatment, Cleanser, and AHA). My skin is perfect by the way. I am still doing the regimen twice a day once when I wake up and once before bed. I use 1-2 pumps of cleanser in the shower, then pat dry. I use 1 pump of BP in the morning and 1 pump at night, spread gently on my face and allow to absorb for 10-20 mins. I then use a combination of LacHydrin 5 moisturizer and AHA to moisturize. I gently exfoliate with a wash cloth every 4-5 days in the shower VERY GENTLY, since my nose gets enlarged pores if I don't and my skin can look drab without this every few days. I exfoliate my lips just by rubbing my finger over them after they are dampened in the shower, and the dead skin comes off every few days also. I only use plain Vaseline from the huge tub you can buy for like $2 on my lips.

Been using Dan's Regimen since January 1st 2010 and my skin looks fantastic smile.png Thanks Dan!!! I get the occasional breakout, but it's usually if I skip a day due to being too busy. It's very rare though and I find I have plenty of time morning's and evenings for the regimen.

MemberMember
(@sweetsleep)

Posted : 09/07/2012 6:06 pm

September 7, 2012

Another update since again, I logged in to buy more of Dan's products. Exactly the same as last time! My skin is perfect using Dan's products (cleanser, treatment, AHA) and the regimen. I wash my face and do the regimen twice a day, on the whole I spend less time in front of the mirror than I ever did because I have no acne to stare at! My skin is beautiful and exfoliated. See my signature for exactly what I do. Good luck to everyone out there! I started Dan's Regimen in January 2010 and I've been fully acne-free for over a year. The only way I get a breakout is if I slack on using the regimen for a few days in a row. Very rare. Thanks Dan!!

MemberMember
(@lovebug77)

Posted : 09/08/2012 4:28 pm

Hi Sweetsleep,

I have enjoyed reading your blog. Can I ask how long it took you to get completely clear? I have been on the Regimen for 12 weeks and although my cystic acne has slowed a lot, I am still breaking out. It helps to see success stories when I get discouraged. I am so glad you are enjoying clear skin and I hope I am not far off from clear skin, too!

MemberMember
(@sweetsleep)

Posted : 11/04/2012 12:30 pm

Hi lovebug77. Sorry I don't log on here often so sometimes I miss messages. 12 weeks is only 3 months and it took me 6 months of being on the Regimen before I got no acne at all. OF course everyone is different but if the treatment is helping you now and you're not having any bad reactions, then it'll keep helping so keep using it!

When I first started, I got really flaky skin and almost seemed to get more little acne, but that cleared up within 8 weeks. I would still get breakouts, but in 6 months that stopped. I'm definitely a success story! Sometimes now my skin gets clogged pores, so what I do is gently steam my face using a washcloth and hot-warm water int he shower so the pores open up. Gently wash with the washcloth and then pat dry and put BP on. Once in a while now I used an activated charcoal mask (clay) so help clear up any little pores, it makes me look lovely! I use the Out Of Trouble mask by Origins.

For you I recommend just sticking to the usual Regimen for another 3-4 months and see how it goes. Twice a day, let the Treatment absorb for at least 10 minutes before putting on moisturizer. That really helps it work. Hang in there!!

Hi Sweetsleep,

I have enjoyed reading your blog. Can I ask how long it took you to get completely clear? I have been on the Regimen for 12 weeks and although my cystic acne has slowed a lot, I am still breaking out. It helps to see success stories when I get discouraged. I am so glad you are enjoying clear skin and I hope I am not far off from clear skin, too!