Notifications
Clear all

Pimples or zits on back of scalp

MemberMember
(@jonrivera935gmail-com)

Posted : 03/19/2021 12:14 pm

Hello does anyone else suffer from scalp acne it™s only on the back of my head it™s getting worse it seems the more I try and fix it. So far I™ve changed my pillow case weekly and shampoo and conditioner every day but I think it™s getting worse now anyone have any solutions 

791E38AC-911C-4F52-A7A2-9EBED31A29B1.jpeg

8F1DA9DE-88B1-4453-B4F7-F6CCE1562CE0.jpeg

MemberMember
(@elainea)

Posted : 03/19/2021 3:24 pm

3 possible causes: Bacteria, Fungus, or Demodex Skin Mites.

Here's a DIYanti-microbial borax treatment that can help. It uses 20 Muleteam Borax available in the Laundry Aisle at most US grocery stores nationwide (Kroger, Walmart, Target, Publix, etc). If this doesn't help recommend that you see a doctor or dermatologist to get a diagnosis of the cause.

DIY Borax Shampoo:
1. Add 1 tablespoon of20 MuleteamBoraxpowder per cup of hot water.
2. Stir well to dissolve theborax.
3. Let mixture cool.
4. Pour into a clean bottle or clean shampoo bottle for ease of use.
5. Wash hair withBoraxShampoo. This is a no-suds shampoo so it will not lather. But massage into scalp and hair as you would with regular shampoo.
6. Let the shampoo stay on hair at least a few minutes.
6. Rinse thoroughly.

Optional but Recommended: Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) Rinse to re-balance the ph of the hair. Recommended dilution ratio is 1 part ACV to 3 parts water.
1. Take 1/2 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar.
2. Add 1.5 cups of water.
3. Mix solution.
4. Pour into a clean bottle.
5. NOTE: DO NOT GET THIS ACV Rinse IN YOUR EYES, IT STINGS - CLOSE EYES WHILE USING - TILTING HEAD BACK NOT FORWARD MAY HELP AVOID THIS!!! - IF YOU DO GET IT IN YOUR EYES, RINSE FACE AND EYE(S) WITH COLD WATER IMMEDIATELY!
6. Pour on hair and massage through. Let sit on hair at least a few minutes.
7. Rinse hair.
8. Optional, after the ACV rinse use a hair conditioner if you feel that your hair is too dry.

https://www.almanac.com/news/natural...wo-ingredients

https://naturallclub.com/blogs/the-n...-cider-vinegar

MemberMember
(@jonrivera935gmail-com)

Posted : 03/19/2021 4:30 pm

Thanks Elaine is there anything over the counter or online that I could just buy instead of buying and mixing thing.

MemberMember
(@penthotal11111)

Posted : 03/20/2021 8:48 am

Hi Jon,

first you should try benzoyl peroxide (keep in mind that can bleach-stain towels and clothes). If the the folliculitis, as it looks like scalp folliculitis, is bacterial (like most of the times) benzoyl peroxide will help for sure. Try it for at least few weeks.

if doesnt work. Wash every day with hibiclens (be careful that doesnt go into your eyes or ears....google it). This wash isgreat for folliculitis-acne.

if benzoyl peroxide or hibiclens dont work you should try anti fungal products. The most famous is nizoral shampoo. You can use it everyday for few weeks. If it will work you can continue to use it few times a week.

there are other anti fungal products. You can google it.

if nothing of this work. You should contact a dermatologist who can prescribe you antibiotics or accutane.

i am not familiar with what Elaine has written but I have to say that it is very interesting.

remember to: change pillow case and towels very often - do not touch your skin with dirty hands - if you shave your head clean the razor with alcohol before every shave - clean up your diet (do your research....).

Let me know.

MemberMember
(@elainea)

Posted : 03/20/2021 10:38 am

On 3/20/2021 at 3:30 AM, Jon1104 said:

Thanks Elaine is there anything over the counter or online that I could just buy instead of buying and mixing thing.

I would recommend Hypochlorous Acid (HOCL) spray since its one of the most effective anti-microbial topicals out there. HOCL is made by the human body in response to infection. HOCL killed 99.9% of 23 different strains of bad bacteria on contact. HOCL kills fungus, juvenile demodex skin mites and viruses like COVID and Norovirus on contact. Its non-irritating to humans and has absolutely zero safety warnings. The medical industry has used HOCL for over 100 years starting in World War I to clean battle field wounds when they had no antibiotics. Currently hospitals, medical and dental offices use HOCL to sanitize ICU's, operating rooms, treatment rooms, etc. Tattoo artists and Piercers recommend HOCL to their clients to help them heal up clean. It works. I have used HOCLevery day for the last 3 years and my skin is clear as a bell.

Here's the brand I am currently using with a link to it on Amazon:

BRIOTECH Topical Skin Spray (HOCL) is available on Amazon in various sizes and is reasonably priced compared to other brands (Occusoft Hypochlor, Heyedrate Lid and Lash Cleanser, etc. - all of these are good but are currentlymore expensive).BRIOTECH is the brand that tattoo artists and piercers recommend. I started using Briotech recently after using more expensive brands for the last 3 years. It works. My skin is clear as a bell.

https://www.amazon.com/BRIOTECH-Topical-Skin-Spray-Hypochlorous/dp/B07T4JKMKD/

MemberMember
(@jonrivera935gmail-com)

Posted : 03/20/2021 5:20 pm

Thank you guys I have gone ahead an bought some tea tree oil shampoo and a 10% benzoyl peroxide cleanser that I will use on my scalp I believe it is follucitis after I did some research apparently benzoyl peroxide works for that, I have also ordered the spray Elaine recommended I will see if this works and post an update if Im cleared up thanks to everyone for input.

MemberMember
(@milkysweet)

Posted : 03/22/2021 11:06 pm

Good thing to hear from you. Btw how's going right now?

MemberMember
(@jonrivera935gmail-com)

Posted : 03/27/2021 10:22 am

So for the most part its clearing up just dry scans looks like is left I used 10% benzoyl peroxide cleanser and then a regular shampoo. Im assuming it was bacteria then and not fungal.