Notifications
Clear all

I'm 30 And Still With Back Acne

MemberMember
(@orlando158)

Posted : 08/07/2014 1:51 pm

I'm 30, and I still have some body acne. I have had it since I was in puberty, it never went away, it went down over the years, it did go down a lot, but it NEVER went away, it always comes back, no matter what I do, and my condition is mild. So, if you think all you have to do is wait more years, think again, don't get your hopes up, this crap is serious, very extremely hard to get rid of

I have acne on my back, and especially on shoulders and upper arms. It is mild. I always had it, sometimes it would sort of clear up, and then it would come back, but only 4 o 5 pimples total, then I would clear up again without using nothing,very sporadic, probably due to hormonal changes

but since I started working out 4 times a week, I started to break out more, it has calmed down a little, but I still have like 4 o 5 pimples especially on my upper arms. I'm taking showers everyday, now I'm washing my upper arms 3 times a day

It really sucks, trying to improve your physique only to have even more acne, and I'm freaking 30, not even a teen, like when you have full blownout acne, you're doomed, but when you only have it mild, it sucks even more because you are so close to clear skin, yet these little fuckers always pop up out of nowhere to ruin your look

is like when you have full blownout acne, people KNOW is genetic, you got dealt a bad hand in life, but if you have it mild, like 3 o 4 pimples, now people think you're dirty and dont take shower wtf

MemberMember
(@kimintie)

Posted : 08/07/2014 2:46 pm

I used to have mild back acne as well. I had it for a good 6 or 7 years until I finally found the solution that worked for me. It definitely does suck. I always felt so self-conscious wearing a bathing suit or tank top.

Everyone's skin is very different, so a lot of my experience was just trial and error. At first I just used the Target brand apricot blackhead and blemish scrub (just a cheaper version of St. Ives). This worked to an extent, but not as significantly as I would have liked. Then I found Murad's body spray. This was truly a miracle product for me. I just spray it on my back every night after my shower and I have been clear for several months now. The spray is a little expensive and my skin took a good month to completely clear up, but it has truly worked wonders.

This is just my recommendation. You really just have to find the right product for your skin and be patient (this is always the hardest part for me). But I would at least look into and read about the Murad spray. It has wonderful reviews!

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@runner7891)

Posted : 08/07/2014 5:21 pm

Feel your pain! My back acne always seemed to get worse when weight lifting and exercising! I had acne in other places, so I decided to go on Accutane. Back acne finally starting to clear up...Such a pain to work so hard on your body and then have acne after all that...Hoping, this Accutane will clear up the back acne for good! Best of luck to you. In your case though, I bet people hardly notice your acne. You are probably luckier than you think. But any acne, little or big, still sucks...freakin acne