Notifications
Clear all

The Body Regimen

MemberMember
(@aislinnciarrai)

Posted : 04/27/2011 11:02 am

I tried using Murad for a while, It never worked for me...

I've been using the regimen on my face now for about 3 weeks and it's been working great. I was thinking the same as many other here, use the BP on my back before bed and sleep in a white tshirt to protect my daytime clothes - I work at a daycare, so I have to wear the coloured shirts with my name on - no plain white for me!

I'll post again on how this works for me!

MemberMember
(@chocobot)

Posted : 06/19/2011 9:26 pm

Tan.

I know tanning beds are harmful, but I used to have moderate/bad acne because while being a bodybuilder, I've taken Somatropin, Anavar, and dbol.

When you tan, it dries up your back quickly and the darker you get the less visable any marks/scar are.

Same thing worked for me. When I used to get tan the one thing that would clear up easily is my upper back. It makes the skin less oily, which means less chances of your clothes rubbing the oil everywhere on your back or pushing it back in the skin, etc. I'm gonna try to wear different tank tops every day and go back to the tanning salon soon.

MemberMember
(@kolbywhite28)

Posted : 08/30/2011 9:57 pm

Hi there,

I am new to the forum although I have been using Dan's bacne regimine for about 3 weeks. I have always had winter bacne, strange that it seems to clear in the summer (or when I go tanning). Anyway, I think the key with the bacne regimine is the AHA. I have tried to moisturize after the BP gel with regular moisturizer but this doesnt seem to work. Too oily. So, my current plan is: wash with Basis soap, Neutrogena 2.5% all over the back followed by Vaseline's Healthy Body Complexion AHA lotion. (I already had this lotion which I needed to use anyway.)

So, what do you think about my regimine?

Also, I have a derm appt. next week to explore "new" options, but I refuse to take anything internal because I may be trying to get pregnant in the next year. Any suggestions?

TIA for responses. :)

Lily

Hi Lily, is it really effective? Would it be ok for a teenager (17 yreas old) to use this kind of product? Thanks.

MemberMember
(@liveprettydieyoung)

Posted : 09/06/2011 1:14 am

My acne started on my back when I was about 11 years old. My mom took me to a dermatologist and they did "Dry Ice Treatments" on my back. I am 32 years old now and I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH ACNE ON MY BACK again.

After that I started getting it on my face and never did the dry ice treatments on my face although now I wish I could find a derm who does that. I did do Accutane for 6 months for my face about 6 years ago.

But I swear by the "Dry Ice Treatments" if you can find a dermatologist who does them. I was getting mine done in Rancho Cucumonga California. I didn't understand what they were doing when I was that young, but I now realize my back has never had acne again except for an occasional pimple. I didn't realize then that it would save my back.

MemberMember
(@becomesbelle)

Posted : 09/24/2011 8:46 am

hi, i'm new here and i'm just about to start using Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion for my backacne. my bacne is not too serious but covers almost all of my back. how long does this regimen take to show improvement or get my back totally clear?

MemberMember
(@seabass)

Posted : 04/01/2012 11:40 am

Is the bacne regimen meant to be done 1x or 2x per day?

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 04/17/2012 6:05 pm

Is the bacne regimen meant to be done 1x or 2x per day?

Twice daily.

MemberMember
(@backandshoulderacne)

Posted : 05/29/2012 5:42 pm

If you look closely at the back regimen it does not state when to shower. I was also concerned because of the amount of sweat from working out, seems would be best to shower and then apply the cleanser leave sit a few minutes then rinse the cleanser off? Then apply the benzoyl peroxide and leave this on skin all day? It appears that AHA is something that may not be needed for some people because I am not seeing it on shelves here. Thanks for any replies.

...unless does wash mean shower? and how then 5 seconds, cause this sounds more like a rinsing.

MemberMember
(@galper)

Posted : 06/06/2012 2:23 am

The AHA acid does help to remove fine wrinkles.. but it also helps with surface scarring. Plus , alpha hydroxy acids(AHA) is water soluble, while beta hydroxy acid (BHA) is lipid(oil) soluble. Which means that the BHA is able to penetrate the pore and exfoliate the dead skin cells and such that are built up in the pore. So where BHA is better used on oily skin, like for white heads and blackheads, like we tend to get on our face.. AHA is used for thickened, sun damaged skin.. and our backs skin is tougher and thicker which is why its also harder to get rid of the acne there, so this is why im guessing, that Dan recommends AHA for our backs in addition to BP.

MemberMember
(@drickson)

Posted : 06/06/2012 7:39 am

I have successfully treated my back/shoulder acne with Dan's regimen. Here are some tips that I would like to share:

Resist the temptation to pick/touch. For some reason this was harder to do with my back acne than with facial acne. I solved this problem by always wearing a clean shirt to bed and around the house. For me, picking was making the problem a lot worse.

I got away with using BP only at night. This allowed me to wear old/white shirts to bed that I did not care about bleaching. Always make sure the shirts are clean. In the morning hop in the shower to quickly rinse off the BP and apply AHA for the day. This way you can wear any clothing you would like without the fear of bleaching.

Moisturize the back/shoulders after using BP. I did not initially do this as BP never dried out my body like it did my face. On a whim I started using moisturizer after applying BP and noticed significant improvement.

Getting some occasional sun on the back and shoulders helped a lot. I do not endorse tanning or long periods of exposure without sunscreen due to obvious health risks. I just made a point to stand in the sun without my shirt on for 10-15 minutes every week or so.

Good luck everybody!

MemberMember
(@backandshoulderacne)

Posted : 06/11/2012 9:04 pm

I just visit dermatologist and he thinks I have Miliaria and this is really what leading to my acne and irritation on my back and shoulders. Any tips about treating the back and shoulders for people with miliaria. I am prescribed minocin 100g each night, I make sure all my shirts are moisture wicking and I shower after gym with cleanser then apply 5% benzoyle peroxide on affected areas. I heard to apply corn starch to skin before working out also helps but I don't know if I really want try that but does anyone know if really works?

any suggestions greatly appreciated.... thanks.

post-177145-0-11082600-1339466901_thumb.

MemberMember
(@miliariaguy)

Posted : 03/31/2013 3:04 am

edited

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 03/31/2013 3:49 am

did you ever take oral antibiotics prior to getting miliaria?

MemberMember
(@miliariaguy)

Posted : 03/31/2013 11:38 pm

Yes. I took some minocyclyne (under a different name and just realized that's what it was recently) for a couple months about a year ago. Prescribed by a Dermatologist that said I just had acne and did not ask me many questions and barely glanced at my skin. Then I find a different dermatologist probably 3 months later who rather quickly (but not as quickly) looked me over and informed me that I have Miliaria. I was on and off minocyclyne again for almost a year and it was not helping. Now I'm on Accutane 40mg per day for just over 2 weeks now. So far the Accutane does not seem to help but at least I don't think I'm getting much worse, except for extremely dry lips. I just started using Benzoyl Peroxide every other day as well, I had also used this when I began taking minocyclyne.

MemberMember
(@yankulov)

Posted : 05/03/2013 4:17 am

I'd be careful with Benzoyl Peroxide, generally I'm against such harsh topical medicaments but some people report good results.

My suggestions is - shower twice a day, one in the morning and one time after training or before bed in the off-days. Sweat seems to have impact on my bacne/shoulders acne, it cloge pores and could be a culprit for the heat rashes. Also - sleep with a t-shirt which you change daily.

Also definitely try Zin (30-50mg) and Vit C.