Notifications
Clear all

Should I Pop My Shoulder Acne?

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 08/24/2012 3:37 am

I have a good amount of shoulder acne. It consists mainly of pustules and papules (most get whiteheads) but they do not seem to go away. I also get really inflamed pimples as well. Should i pop them to reduce the chance of scarring, or leave them be? It seems like they are not healing (it has been 4 weeks now)

MemberMember
(@avenger)

Posted : 08/24/2012 4:56 am

Try treating them with a medicated body wash, either containing Benzoyl Peroxide or Salicylic Acid.

Popping normally increases the risk of scarring.

MemberMember
(@manlycurls26)

Posted : 09/18/2012 12:26 am

No, whatever you do do not pop them. There's always a risk that a pimple will leave a scar, but you increase the risk by popping the pimple. I'm sure you don't want scars, scars are much harder to get rid of. Just leave it alone and let it heal naturally.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 09/21/2012 1:23 am

well, i left them alone, and they are still here. Its been 2.5 months now.

MemberMember
(@greenlu)

Posted : 09/21/2012 8:50 pm

depends. ultimately its up to you to decide. everyone will say not to because it is the most risk adverse and safe route. if you think it is worth the risk of scaring or dont think it will, then you should go ahead, but the brown mark might be there for some time, otherwise you should leave it alone.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 09/21/2012 11:50 pm

depends. ultimately its up to you to decide. everyone will say not to because it is the most risk adverse and safe route. if you think it is worth the risk of scaring or dont think it will, then you should go ahead, but the brown mark might be there for some time, otherwise you should leave it alone.

well, i popped one moderate sized pimple on my shoulder, and it is a slightly pinkish bump now. I am going to see what happens to this pimple before i do anything else.

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 09/29/2012 6:26 pm

Body acne is usually a sign of an internal problem. I would start eating healthy; fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, legumes - all that good stuff. Avoid Grains, sugar, processed food, sugary drinks, all the usual bad stuff. Try this for a month, and see if your acne gets better.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 10/02/2012 3:04 am

On 9/30/2012 at 5:26 AM, overfl00d said:

Body acne is usually a sign of an internal problem. I would start eating healthy; fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, legumes - all that good stuff. Avoid Grains, sugar, processed food, sugary drinks, all the usual bad stuff. Try this for a month, and see if your acne gets better.

I already do this. I eat a paleo diet, veggies, fruits, nuts (ONLY macdamia nuts), meats... dont eat grains sugar, dairy... any of that shit

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 10/02/2012 11:58 pm

On 10/2/2012 at 2:04 PM, whoartthou1 said:

On 9/30/2012 at 5:26 AM, overfl00d said:

I already do this. I eat a paleo diet, veggies, fruits, nuts (ONLY macdamia nuts), meats... dont eat grains sugar, dairy... any of that shit

did this get rid of your acne on your face?

try apple cider viengar tonic for ur back acne. cleared mine up in 4 days

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 10/03/2012 12:56 am

my acne on my face at the moment is manageable.

Did you have actual acne on your back/shoulders, or just blackheads?