Notifications
Clear all

Face clear but body holding out on me

MemberMember
(@thatprimalguy)

Posted : 02/01/2010 4:08 am

Hey all, I just wanted to ask a few questions of you all and get some ideas about why my back/chest/arms are holding out on me when my face is clear.

My face has always been the focal point for my breakouts, with some pimples on my shoulders etc. But in my latest breakout which got my forehead pretty bad my entire body (neck, back, abdomen (which has never happened before) and arms) got pretty bad. Now I've been treating it holistically (green smoothies, supplements) and my face is pretty much 100% clear. However my body, espescially my back, has stayed fairly bad so far, and I'm wondering why.

Topically, I use baking soda and ACV on my face and a dove soap on my body, could this be the reason for the difference? The body pimples are quite painful and large in places, almost like a reaction to something, but I can't think of anything dietary that could be the reason. Is it possible that I've stopped the cause of my acne but my body is taking far longer to heal than my face because I don't use acv on my body?

Would appreciate any insight you all may have

MemberMember
(@baroo)

Posted : 02/01/2010 11:51 am

Hey all, I just wanted to ask a few questions of you all and get some ideas about why my back/chest/arms are holding out on me when my face is clear.

My face has always been the focal point for my breakouts, with some pimples on my shoulders etc. But in my latest breakout which got my forehead pretty bad my entire body (neck, back, abdomen (which has never happened before) and arms) got pretty bad. Now I've been treating it holistically (green smoothies, supplements) and my face is pretty much 100% clear. However my body, espescially my back, has stayed fairly bad so far, and I'm wondering why.

Topically, I use baking soda and ACV on my face and a dove soap on my body, could this be the reason for the difference? The body pimples are quite painful and large in places, almost like a reaction to something, but I can't think of anything dietary that could be the reason. Is it possible that I've stopped the cause of my acne but my body is taking far longer to heal than my face because I don't use acv on my body?

Would appreciate any insight you all may have

Could be hormones. How old are you? Are you a man or a woman?

It could also be dietary. What are you putting in your smoothies?

MemberMember
(@thatprimalguy)

Posted : 02/01/2010 8:29 pm

I'm a 20 year old male. If it's hormones, why is my face almost totally clear while my back is going crazier than ever?

The smoothies have cucumber, mint, parsley, spinach, and celery in them, but the body breakouts started before the smoothies.

Right now I'm wondering if they resulted from a drop in fiber in my diet when I switched cereals, I've calculated that before I'd be getting 30-40 grams of fiber at breakfast whereas more recently I'd be getting about 10 at most. Switching back to the high fiber to see if that helps, but this really has me stumped.

MemberMember
(@baroo)

Posted : 02/04/2010 11:36 am

I'm a 20 year old male. If it's hormones, why is my face almost totally clear while my back is going crazier than ever?

The smoothies have cucumber, mint, parsley, spinach, and celery in them, but the body breakouts started before the smoothies.

Right now I'm wondering if they resulted from a drop in fiber in my diet when I switched cereals, I've calculated that before I'd be getting 30-40 grams of fiber at breakfast whereas more recently I'd be getting about 10 at most. Switching back to the high fiber to see if that helps, but this really has me stumped.

Hm. I guess if you have a sensitive system, a diet change could probably do it. Mine is worse on my back than on my face, too - I actually have pretty nice skin on my face, but I get acne on my back and chest around the time of my period, so I thought maybe yours might be hormonal. If you're a dude, though, I don't know!

Let us know if the fiber makes a difference.

MemberMember
(@thatprimalguy)

Posted : 02/22/2010 6:53 am

hey, so I thought my chest was getting better, but after more than 2 weeks on high fiber cereal I still have bad skin over most of my body. I stopped the green smoothies/cod liver oil/probiotics 10 days ago, because I never had this kind of body acne until about 3 months ago, which is about 3-4 weeks after I started a tonne of supplements. I figure since my whole body + face was clear before with only minor supplements (taurine, some fish oil, and some b vitamins) then I really don't need all these vitamins and it seems like the only explanation for the inflamed body acne is that I'm reacting to something I've added. My diet is the same as it was before the body acne now, so I dont think that's it.

My arms and shoulders are still pretty bad after the ten days though. I think I broke out from sunscreen or a short holiday I took, but I would have expected some improvement overall if it was any of the supplements I took out.

The remaining supps I have yet to take out are 500mg vitamin c, 200 mcg chromium, and 45 mg zinc. I don't suppose anyone on this forum has ever had a bad reaction to any of those, so I might get an idea of which one's causing it. Otherwise I think I'll remove them all and just see what happens. I'm tired of dealing with this unprecedented body acne when my face is all but clear.

MemberMember
(@mimib24)

Posted : 02/22/2010 10:45 pm

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you're having. I recently cured my face and body acne using alternative methods. Energy healing was all it took. Let me know if this is something you want to try and I'll help you. I've had really amazing results so far and I would love to help others out.

You don't need to take all the supplements anymore as well. I didn't change my diet at all.

MemberMember
(@thelawofone)

Posted : 08/14/2013 8:36 am

Mimib24, I'm interested in the energy healing. Can you please describe it?