Notifications
Clear all

Folliculitis ruined my faith in GOD!

MemberMember
(@cdnguy)

Posted : 07/06/2008 9:06 pm

Hey Mike, I know exactly how you are feeling right now as well! I am 25 and people are also telling me that I am good looking and I should have a girlfriend. I to was getting close to a girl until I realized the severity of my skin and fell into this deep depression and have not talked to her since (approximately a month). When I think about it, I think that if it wasn't for my skin problem then she probably would have been the perfect girlfriend for me. It sounds silly that I did what I did and stopped calling but she had many things that she wanted to in life and I don't think I was capable of keeping up because of my skin. I feel like hiding out all the time and friends and family are always asking me whether there are any girls in my life and why not and I even had one of them tell me that I should start to think about marriage....man, I am having soo much trouble talking to any girls right now or any of my friends about this. You are lucky that your best friend knows and understands. I am not sure which one of my friends I would even consider my best friend or be the one that would understand what I am going through. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of friends but none of them are real close and I feel they are actually fading further and further away as I seclude myself from them. I am not sure whether my problem is acne or folliculitis or both. I am trying to get in to see some doctors and hopefully someone can come up with an answer for me.

Anyways Mike, at least we know that we are not alone and sites like this exist where we can let things out and gain support. I wish you all the best and try to keep your chin up.

MemberMember
(@anaalessa)

Posted : 07/07/2008 2:12 am

Hey Mike, I know exactly how you are feeling right now as well! I am 25 and people are also telling me that I am good looking and I should have a girlfriend. I to was getting close to a girl until I realized the severity of my skin and fell into this deep depression and have not talked to her since (approximately a month). When I think about it, I think that if it wasn't for my skin problem then she probably would have been the perfect girlfriend for me. It sounds silly that I did what I did and stopped calling but she had many things that she wanted to in life and I don't think I was capable of keeping up because of my skin. I feel like hiding out all the time and friends and family are always asking me whether there are any girls in my life and why not and I even had one of them tell me that I should start to think about marriage....man, I am having soo much trouble talking to any girls right now or any of my friends about this. You are lucky that your best friend knows and understands. I am not sure which one of my friends I would even consider my best friend or be the one that would understand what I am going through. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of friends but none of them are real close and I feel they are actually fading further and further away as I seclude myself from them. I am not sure whether my problem is acne or folliculitis or both. I am trying to get in to see some doctors and hopefully someone can come up with an answer for me.

Anyways Mike, at least we know that we are not alone and sites like this exist where we can let things out and gain support. I wish you all the best and try to keep your chin up.

Guys, if it's of any help at all... i was in love with guys no matter how they looked like.I've liked guys with acne, bald or long haired, with or without glasses, tall and short, really, it's jut a matter of attitude.The only type of men i don't like is the one that lacks confidence so much that it makes me feel unconformable.Attitude is the friggin' key! Stop thinking it's your skin, i swear to you that i never ever realized that my last crush had acne until a mutual friend of mine asked me "Does Mikes acne not bother you at all??!?" to which i replied mesmerized "WHAT ACNE??".I just couldn't see it (love really is blind), he had this attitude that got me completely in love with him - so much that i think i looked stupid whenever i met him...

Please, don't make acne such an evil enemy, work on your confidence, girls really love a confident man, someone that trusts himself, i'm dead serious about this!

Good luck and feel "pretty" :P

MemberMember
(@mikecosseva)

Posted : 07/09/2008 2:30 pm

My blood tests came back normal. Doc said I have a skin infection that was spreading thoughout the hair follicles. The Clindamycin pills have actually dried up the acne and right now all I have on my arms are red marks and scabs. Looks good so far but I had similar results with the Salicylic acid lotion before only to have the problem return. He wants me to stay on the pills for a week then get back to him. If I can stay acne free for a week then there may be something to these pills. Who knows I may be able to wear a short sleeve shirt like a normal guy for a change and maybe fix my life.

I'm going to a picnic with my coworkers at the end of this month, the girl will be there. If the redness and acne clears up in time for that event I may be able to fix my girlfriend issue. I'll keep you guys posted if my skin stays clear.

BTW God I was just joking when I said I wanted 5 minutes with you in the UFC Octagon.

MemberMember
(@jbabe)

Posted : 07/10/2008 12:20 am

My blood tests came back normal. Doc said I have a skin infection that was spreading thoughout the hair follicles. The Clindamycin pills have actually dried up the acne and right now all I have on my arms are red marks and scabs. Looks good so far but I had similar results with the Salicylic acid lotion before only to have the problem return. He wants me to stay on the pills for a week then get back to him. If I can stay acne free for a week then there may be something to these pills. Who knows I may be able to wear a short sleeve shirt like a normal guy for a change and maybe fix my life.

I'm going to a picnic with my coworkers at the end of this month, the girl will be there. If the redness and acne clears up in time for that event I may be able to fix my girlfriend issue. I'll keep you guys posted if my skin stays clear.

BTW God I was just joking when I said I wanted 5 minutes with you in the UFC Octagon.

MIKE!!! Please read what we are saying. You can have a girlfriend AND skin problems. I know its hard to be confident..but act as if you are. Do what you can about your skin and then move on. Exercise, eat right..get the right frame of mind. Dont let your skin rule your life!

You can find love and happiness no matter what your skin looks like.

MemberMember
(@mikecosseva)

Posted : 07/11/2008 8:15 am

No one around me but my best friend knows that I lack confidence because of my skin. Only you guys and him know how I'm feeling. I look like I have confidence. The girl just thinks I'm being a d***. I remember one time I apologized to her and she responded by saying " You're not sorry , Mike you're never sorry". That kind of hit me hard. Especially the fact that she was crying shortly after. She said it was because of an argument with a coworker that happened after our situation but I don't think that's true. As a matter of fact 30 minutes ago she had a coworker call me to find out how I was doing. I haven't talked to her since starting vacation last week. Maybe I should be posting in a relationship forum rather than an acne one? I don't believe it's all me though, she gets these crazy mood swings and loves to play games with my head. For example she likes to flirt with an 50 year old guy just to make me jealous.

Ok back to acne, my skin is 90 percent acne free right now. Thanks to the pills? maybe. I just hope the scabs and black marks go away by the end of the month. I'm going overseas tonight so I may not be able to post for a week but I'd like to thank you guys especially JBabe and AnaAlessa for hearing me out and giving me advice on my problems. I'll keep you guys posted on the status of my skin.

MemberMember
(@jbabe)

Posted : 07/12/2008 1:07 am

Dear Mike,

If you think she is playing games..she probably is. My worry is that you will think it is a skin issue if things dont go well and not realize its her and her games. Please stay strong and confident!

Anyway best of luck, keep us posted and did I read your post right that your skin is healing?

AWESOME!

MemberMember
(@mikecosseva)

Posted : 07/20/2008 3:36 pm

I'm back. Back with a tan! As per the doc I took the pills for 2 weeks then stopped. I told him the positive results of using these pills and he prescribed me the same stuff ( Clindamycin) in topical liquid solution. The pills worked great, cleared up all the acne. It only left the dark scaring spots from the dried up scabs. There were some side effects though. Headaches and stomach cramps which gave me the feeling that I needed to urinate constantly. I'll let you guys know how the topical solution works out.

BTW I'll be going to the work picnic in a few days. The girl will be there. JBabe, I know she can be crazy so I am going to be cool and see if we can get along. I can guarantee you that she will be wearing daisy duke shorts to show off her nice set of long legs just to mess with me. Lets see what happens.

MemberMember
(@jbabe)

Posted : 07/21/2008 6:02 pm

:) Sounds like you are feeling mucho better Mike! Remember to focus on her sweet personality and not her Daisy Dukes heehee.

I was reading the other day that lachydrin (sp) a lotion helped people with folliculitis...sounds like you have things under control though! Keep on top of it so you can maintain your results. And remember confidence and attitude is key no matter what your skin is like.

Whoohooooooo! Keep us posted! I am so happy for you!

MemberMember
(@mikecosseva)

Posted : 07/27/2008 9:43 am

Zero luck with the clindamycin topical solution so I'm back on the pills until I see the Doc on Thursday. I would say the pills clears up 90 percent of the skin leaving only a pimple or two on the arms and chest. The doc said even though its an antibiotic I can be on them for months on end to fight the infection. I am just waiting for the scaring to clear up. I feel much more confident now.

Oh the picnic was nuts. The girl said she has a boyfriend now who she sees herself marrying but she wouldn't stop flirting with me. She's very covert with the flirting though and is trying to make everyone else think that she is loyal to her boyfriend and that I am the one who's nuts for her. The only thing she said openly in front of everyone was about how good looking I was. She whispered the real flirty stuff right by my ear or when ever she walked past me. For example things like " we are all alone now" or " I'm 5' 10" 130 pounds and I know u want me" kind of stuff. I called her a big flirt in front of everyone and she didn't like it. Drama Drama Drama. I am thinking of just grabbing her and kissing away to see where that gets me. What should a boy like me do?

MemberMember
(@lionqueen)

Posted : 07/27/2008 10:21 am

I would find a classy girl who doesn't play stupid games. Really, who needs the drama?

MemberMember
(@jbabe)

Posted : 07/27/2008 5:52 pm

She has a boyfriend that she can see herself being married to. She is pretending she is loyal to the boyfriend. She is making whispering flirty comments to you while she has a boyfriend......

ummmmm......ok Mike if that is what you want grab and kiss her!

MemberMember
(@mikecosseva)

Posted : 07/28/2008 11:10 am

I'm just thinking that maybe I can get her to stop playing around if I show extra affection. She's performing an act to get attention. But I think that the best move right now is to ignore her.

MemberMember
(@dem_09)

Posted : 07/28/2008 11:31 am

Well from what I've read, you sound extremely sweet and just need a small push to be more personable and social. Don't let your acne and all that dumb stuff keep you from living, you only have one life... ya know?

I used to let it get to me a lot... to the point where I wouldn't leave the house or anything but at some point you just have to realize that the people who are worth being around are going to love you for who you are. This girl doesn't sound like someone you want to settle down with though, if you're looking for a good time for awhile then sure but if she is going to play her boyfriend then who knows what she would do to you. But hey, If that's what you want then go for it!

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@mikecosseva)

Posted : 08/10/2008 8:47 am

I have been 95 percent acne free while being on the pills, 3 a day. Last week I cut down to two a day to see if I noticed a difference. The acne was returning almost immediately so I returned to the normal dosage. The doc wants me on it for 6 months and so far all I have now are acne scars. I am using prescribed Desonide lotion 5 percent to clear up the scars and its working....slowly though. I'm just praying that when I am done with the pills that the acne will stay gone.

Drama news, I am done with the girl . We only deal with each other in a professional manner now. I just get tired of dealing with her being happy one day and angry the next. My coworkers aren't helping though with their usual tease to get our attention whenever we are both around.

MemberMember
(@earplug)

Posted : 08/10/2008 10:57 pm

Yo man. I'ma be 100 percent real with you. If girls are telling you, you are attractive and you must have a GF.. Show them ur arms and say "Still think that?" If their attitude towards u doesn't change, they don't care at all!

Instead of saying u have a sunburn when ppl ask, just str8 up tell them u have folliculitis! Then they will know and will try to understand ur feelings and stuff.

If u feeling like its never going to go way, whats the only thing left to do? Live with it.. And there's no point in making up excuses right?

These are diseases, that sometimes can't be controlled, thus it's OUT OF UR HANDS. If people judge u like that for having something that isn't ur fault then Eff 'em man!

MemberMember
(@mikecosseva)

Posted : 08/13/2008 11:20 am

Earplug thanks for the words If my skin problem comes back I'll tell it how it is.

Saw my doc he said I may have bedbug bites as well as the acne. He said some of the acne scars doesn't look like acne. My fathers bed had bedbugs but I never noticed them in mine. I have been waking up to bumps on my skin lately. I looked all over and couldn't find them. Once we clean the sheets my brother and I will be swapping beds to see if we notice a difference. If that's the case all the beds have to go.

MemberMember
(@jbabe)

Posted : 08/14/2008 10:17 pm

When was the last time you washed your sheets Mike? heehee.

I am really glad you are doing great with your skin and have found some solutions. And I hope you find that special somone!

My skin is also near perfect again, so I am happy :)

MemberMember
(@user80848)

Posted : 08/17/2008 3:21 pm

Just finished reading your post Mike. I must say that I feel for you. I haven't lost my faith, but I definitely lost my belief in a God or religion. The reason stems from many areas of life in general. It definitely started with acne as a teen, but after being around the world and seeing all the chaos that exists, it's hard to believe in an entity that actually sees the daily atrocities occurring without lessening the suffering.

Best of luck to you and I hope you find what you're looking for. :) I hope all us of here with a good heart find what we deserve.

MemberMember
(@mikecosseva)

Posted : 08/20/2008 5:36 pm

Wonko your post was insightful. You've seen a lot of things that people only read about. Believe it or not You and I share similar professions.

Back to acne, it's not bed bugs because my brother was sleeping on my bed for the last 5 days with 0 bites. My skin may be growing an immunity to the pills. This is not good. I have an appointment with the Doc the beginning of September, I hope he has a solution for this potential problem. Right now I can say I'm 80 percent acne free which isn't too bad...so far.

MemberMember
(@mikecosseva)

Posted : 11/01/2008 8:23 am

I am off Clindamycin. It was the only thing working for me but it's an antibiotic and not safe. There's nothing left but Accutane. Blood was taken to see if I'm suitable for it. I see the doc right after Thanksgiving to start with the medication. In the meantime I am taking Amoxicillin ( another bacteria fighting antibiotic ), it's a lot safer than Clindamycin. I sure hope I get similar results.

I have tried Frutels and it didn't work. In case you guys dont know it's candy that has acne fighting ingredients. Also major dose of Vitamin A ( 50,000 IDU daily) doesn't work. Pantothenic Acid 500 mg didn't work either.

Look out Accutane here I come!

MemberMember
(@boomx)

Posted : 04/01/2013 4:30 pm

Well, glad I wasn't the only feeling depressed about this crap condition. I get a divorce and now it seems like she put a curse on me. If one of these pus filled things gets on a new partner, then she may have it for years. The medical community says it is highly contagious so you have a reason to not get with someone intimately. Then again others say it is not contagious Be confident , but also be smart and responsible. It can be overcome, so stay in the world and challenge yourself.

MemberMember
(@thegoodson)

Posted : 04/03/2013 10:38 pm

Well, glad I wasn't the only feeling depressed about this crap condition. I get a divorce and now it seems like she put a curse on me. If one of these pus filled things gets on a new partner, then she may have it for years. The medical community says it is highly contagious so you have a reason to not get with someone intimately. Then again others say it is not contagious Be confident , but also be smart and responsible. It can be overcome, so stay in the world and challenge yourself.

You just revived a thread that's old as hell but i guess it's still relevant lol. Well now that you've brought this up, is that contagious? I don't think I've read that anywhere.

MemberMember
(@boomx)

Posted : 04/03/2013 11:03 pm

Yes, revived threads are useful for some people. I found some from 2005 on other boards that are helpful.

No, it is not contagious in some cases. But if you can get it from the hot tub,a towel, or even metal object it is contagious. Or it is just over extended use of antibiotics on your skin to treat acne. Nobody seems to have a100% answer on this. Mine could be from either one. But I hd stopped using antibiotics on my skin for about 9 months or so. I did use many antibiotics in the past year a lot more than normal from a herniated disk and then a bug bite. I guess the latter is what did it.