Notifications
Clear all

Back of head acne? Can anyone help?

MemberMember
(@jonsmith1400)

Posted : 04/26/2008 6:38 pm

hi guys. 25 years old, have had acne since I was probably 15. Body acne, facial acne, the whole she-bang. Was on accutane when younger, which cured the acne temporarily, but then it came back just as bad as before. Still struggling with pretty bad back acne but mostly everything else is something I have learned to cope with.

However, I just recently started getting acne on the back of my scalp. Some pretty large cystlike and also regular pimples that are very annoying. Anyone have this problem? Anyone have any success using anything?

I currently wash my head with just purpose soap, or a salicylic acid based cleanser. I used to use Head and Shoulders back in the day but after years of use with no noticable breakouts, all of a sudden I started to get these things. Should I use a glycolic acid product afterwards? I have noticed some improvement on my face recently using Fruit of the Earth aloe very gel, but this hasn't seemed to improve the back of my head at all, it actually seems worse.

Sorry for the long winded post but this is just getting ridiculous.

thanks for listening

MemberMember
(@markd343)

Posted : 12/24/2013 10:24 pm

Try using Shea Moisture restorative conditioner. A lot of ppl with acne prone skin who cant use most shampoo or conditioners use that including me. Also test AHA on back of neck see what happens. Back neck pimples tend to multiply when they pop.