Notifications
Clear all

razor burn problem!!! WHY?

MemberMember
(@black_converse)

Posted : 05/24/2006 2:23 pm

okay, evrytime i shave my legs i always get razor burn!!! ive tried the conditioner way too and i still end up getting it. Its like when ever i get cold they start to come out and my hair grows like really fast. I even tried nair and its seems like im still getting it. does someone know whay my hair grows back so fast. Nair didnt really work for me either, the next day i could see the hair coming back! ? please anyone have suggestions. if you wondwering how i shave, i shave upwords if that could be a reason why. thankyou

MemberMember
(@jett)

Posted : 05/24/2006 2:33 pm

Do you have thick hair? If you do that's probably your problem. I have ethnic Arabic hair so I always have had issues with shaving. I just use lots of sensitive skin shaving gel and a quality razor with three blades. That has helped me the most. Also, I shave once every two days, because if you shave every day then it aggravates the skin.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/24/2006 2:41 pm

A lot of shaving gel and a 4 blade razor, like the Schick Quattro for women work well. I have no more razor burn after switching my razor and loading up on the gel. I use skintimate.

MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 05/24/2014 3:33 am

Read about folliculitis. It is irritation / infection of hair follicles. Shaving upward, against the grain, irritates the hair follicles more and can worsen your problem. I know from first hand experience.