Notifications
Clear all

Super Cleanse your pores!

MemberMember
(@sugagal)

Posted : 01/28/2006 7:00 pm

I highly, highly recommend getting one of these. Anyone who has ever gotten a facial, has had one of these work on there skin. It's called an extractor. Commodone extractor, blackhead extractor, etc. Your derm might have used one before also possibly with a lancer. Get one with a flat end on one side!

How to use.

Wash face lightly (no washcloth!)

Mix 1 tablespoon baking soda and enough hydrogen peroxide to create a paste. Set aside.

1. Steam face -- ( you can use a clean washcloth to do this.) Run washcloth under hottest water. Place on face. Let steam face until your pores are open.

2. Rub a SMALL amount of rubbing alcohol on area you wish to get the junk out of. Do this to prep each area each time!

3. Rub a small amount of paste and rub on area (area should be a concentrated size, like your nose, cheeks, forehead, chin) you first wish to work on.

3. Take clean extractor(I leave mine in alcohol when not in use) and apply pressure to area, SLOWLY ( take your time, you are not shaving, this is not a quick process, it will probably take about 1 half hour)slide along your face, skin. Be gentle but apply very firm pressure. You are not trying to exfoliate, but you are trying to apply enough pressure to get whatever is in your pores out of there. You should see some stuff come out and be on the end of your extractor. The hydrogen peroxide will actually make some stuff come to the top. Wash off with warm water and dip in alcohol. Repeat until satisfied with area. When finished with one area, apply alcohol. Again, this is not to peel your skin off, but to disinfect. Repeat in all other problem areas. When done, wash with your fav cleanser and then use a mask to get the pores to close up. Rinse off and then rub with neosporin cream on entire treated area when finished.

This has cleaned my pores like nobody's business. I just started doing this about 2 weeks ago. I wish I would have done it long long ago, because I have really bad scarred pores, but my pores are now very clean!!!

You have to do this pretty consistantly for the first couple of weeks. Like every other day if your pores are really bad. Then go from there on judgement. As with anything that has to do with acne, consistancy is the key. Doing this one time and I bet the results you see in the morning will have you hooked. (Atleast looking at my nose in the morning had me hooked!)

MemberMember
(@mandy-ann)

Posted : 01/28/2006 7:52 pm

sugagal said:

I highly, highly recommend getting one of these. Anyone who has ever gotten a facial, has had one of these work on there skin. It's called an extractor. Commodone extractor, blackhead extractor, etc. Your derm might have used one before also possibly with a lancer. Get one with a flat end on one side!

How to use.

Wash face lightly (no washcloth!)

Mix 1 tablespoon baking soda and enough hydrogen peroxide to create a paste. Set aside.

1. Steam face -- ( you can use a clean washcloth to do this.) Run washcloth under hottest water. Place on face. Let steam face until your pores are open.

2. Rub a SMALL amount of rubbing alcohol on area you wish to get the junk out of. Do this to prep each area each time!

3. Rub a small amount of paste and rub on area (area should be a concentrated size, like your nose, cheeks, forehead, chin) you first wish to work on.

3. Take clean extractor(I leave mine in alcohol when not in use) and apply pressure to area, SLOWLY ( take your time, you are not shaving, this is not a quick process, it will probably take about 1 half hour)slide along your face, skin. Be gentle but apply very firm pressure. You are not trying to exfoliate, but you are trying to apply enough pressure to get whatever is in your pores out of there. You should see some stuff come out and be on the end of your extractor. The hydrogen peroxide will actually make some stuff come to the top. Wash off with warm water and dip in alcohol. Repeat until satisfied with area. When finished with one area, apply alcohol. Again, this is not to peel your skin off, but to disinfect. Repeat in all other problem areas. When done, wash with your fav cleanser and then use a mask to get the pores to close up. Rinse off and then rub with neosporin cream on entire treated area when finished.

This has cleaned my pores like nobody's business. I just started doing this about 2 weeks ago. I wish I would have done it long long ago, because I have really bad scarred pores, but my pores are now very clean!!!

You have to do this pretty consistantly for the first couple of weeks. Like every other day if your pores are really bad. Then go from there on judgement. As with anything that has to do with acne, consistancy is the key. Doing this one time and I bet the results you see in the morning will have you hooked. (Atleast looking at my nose in the morning had me hooked!)

where can you buy one of those extractors?

MemberMember
(@sugagal)

Posted : 01/28/2006 8:38 pm

You can easily get one at Wal Mart or Target. Just look in the makeup health and beauty area where the cuticle clippers and such are. There is one that will look similar to the one in the pic with a ovalish flat side with a slit in the middle. That is the one you want. Or you can get one online. Just search on google for a stainless steel extractor. or esthetician extractor, or comedone extractor or any of those combos found here.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&rls...edone+extractor

MemberMember
(@ellen_xyhotmail-com)

Posted : 01/28/2006 8:42 pm

yep, i use the one made by tweezerman. almost cnd$15 after tax. i got mine from london drugs (a drugstore).

i like it, a def. must-have beauty tool for me. it's addictive. and cleaner than using ur fingers. MUST use alcohol to disinfect the tool, then after ur done, use smth (i use tto) to disinfect the skin. i mainly use it to pop pimples.

BUT, i don't use it to press out those sebum "strings" in the nose area, i find that the pores don't close up properly and is permanently enlarged. same thing with extracting blackheads. just my experience though, maybe other pple wouldn't have this happening. i also don't have this phenomen with the strings on my forehead. don't know why.

MemberMember
(@sugagal)

Posted : 01/29/2006 8:30 am

I do have the same prob, the are scarred, permenantly enlarged, but they have gotten a little smaller and less noticeable, and I have a general overall better look to my skin since I have gotten consistant with getting the blackheads out. Masks help, but masks won't get rid of scars. Im getting ready to do some scar treatment in the next couple months, so I want them clean. But I have noticed a dif in the pores. They have gotten *lsmaller* probably a 7-10% difference, and you will notice this within a couple days.Which any little bit helps me! I'm hoping after a couple months they will be even less noticeable since I have had this routine only for a few of weeks now. But it is addictive.

MemberMember
(@mhoden)

Posted : 02/01/2006 3:38 am

I bought one of these and talk about painful! I tried using it on my nose and it left it red and in pain. The instructions on the package made little sense. It doesn't seem to work for me.

MemberMember
(@gloriousbach)

Posted : 02/01/2006 6:13 am

I have tried an extractor but have never actually extracted a blackhead from my nose using one of them, maybe I am not steaming my face correctly or I am doing something else wrong.

More advice on this would be appreciated!

GB

MemberMember
(@acne_is_damn_annoying)

Posted : 08/27/2016 2:01 pm

This is useless. Pores will keep clogging over and over at faster pace.