Purell

MemberMember
(@pervertedass05)

Posted : 07/13/2005 9:43 pm

Since it kills bacteria, will it be effective on acne? I know it will sting like hell and irritate like battery acid but it would kill teh P. acnes >? Im not telling pplzs to try it. Ud be stupid. It will eventually lead to superinfection 2 >? Also, i use purell 8 times a day on my hands, can the bacteria get resistant to the purell ova time ?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/14/2005 10:26 am

The active ingredient in Purell is ethyl alcohol which would be extremely drying on acne prone skin. I wouldn't suggest using it for acne treatment.

MemberMember
(@ohplease)

Posted : 09/14/2006 2:48 pm

Alcohol isn't an antibiotic; you won't grow resistant to it.

It shouldn't be overdrying unless you wipe it off. Think about using it on your hands...they don't dry out from the stuff unless you wipe them with a towel...I guess it locks in the natural moisture while killing germs?

MemberMember
(@ls206816)

Posted : 07/25/2013 1:46 pm

I use it on any pimple I pop and it dries them up literally overnight! This is like my miracle discovery lol. This works better then any spot treatment, toothpaste, Vicks, etc. I have ever tried! It does burn for a little bit but Its not super irritating.One of my friend completely got rid of her acne with it! I usually pat it onto my face after washing it and then apply a moisturizer after.