Notifications
Clear all

HELP benzoyl peroxide ruined my face

MemberMember
(@anon8037479)

Posted : 06/22/2018 10:54 am

so maybe like two weeks ago i applied benzoyl peroxide 10% to my cheeks and under my jaw ,at first i thought it was working on my mild acne i had maybe like 5 zits on my face ,i also had a bunch of little bumbs ,i stopped using it because i noticed it made me break out and two weeks later i have pustules and whiteheads all over my face and it seems to get worse everyday ,i dont know what to do,someone please help me !has this happened to anyone else?

MemberMember
(@anon8037479)

Posted : 07/26/2018 12:31 am

update: apperantly its folliculitis from a gram negative bacteria, i have taken antibiotics in the past but i stopped becasue i felt like it wasnt good for me , it was for acne but the thing is i dont think its coming from bacteria in the nasal area , mostly because i dont have anything around my mouth or nose and only on my cheeks and under my jaw ,they have started clearing up from antibiotics and predinsone (sorry for misspelling) but the thing is ive heard that it wont heal it but suppress it and it will come back (mostly heard from the internet) and im scared it will come back ,one thing i noticed is that before i had any of this i had a TON of small bumbs on my face that looked like comedones to me but i never got them cultured because well they disappead ,i am scared of the worst at the moment and that it will come back and be a bad problem for months but many things dont add up to other peoples stories ,for example i dont have anything around my nose or mouth and mine started around the time i was first using benzoyl peroxide (maybe the reason) and also after i went to a river (also maybe a reason) and i was starting to think that there could have been ecoli in the water and i some how got it cause of damaged skin (i hope so ) that would mean it wont come back right? i dunno im really hoping for the best ,the derm told me i must have somehow got it and it wasnt from antibiotics ,but is there another way to get gram negative folliculitis? anything from you guys would help ,im just praying it will clear up ,ive been really focused on God lately :)

MemberMember
(@wildhealthwellness)

Posted : 07/26/2018 11:17 am

Benzoyl Peroxide is extremely drying to the skin, which can make the skin even worse! This strips the natural moisture barrier which we need to good function in order to protect our skin. The skin is very delicate as well, we have to be gentle with it. Something that I would look into is Oil Cleansing. Which is major gamer changer for me and many people also struggling with skin issues

All these topical products that we tend to go first hand is just a surface layer stuff, it's not getting to the ROOT of the actual skin issue!

Acne comes from the inside, you have to nourish yourself from within by eating good whole foods, lots of vegetables, clean animal protein and good quality fats.

Amanda

MemberMember
(@mel777)

Posted : 07/27/2018 1:21 am

For many years I suffered from acne. Painful cystic and pustular acne that would get so bad at times that I did not want to leave my house. I tried every cream & concoction you could think of, and took antibiotics for over a year. Nothing seemed to clear my skin; it was quite depressing. Then it occurred to me that an all natural approach - where I actually give my body what it needs to heal - would be best. Also, I got sick & tired of the Benzoyl peroxide bleaching my sheets!