Notifications
Clear all

PanOxyl Acne Wash - painful dry skin

MemberMember
(@v0ciferation)

Posted : 01/18/2018 12:32 pm

I've recently started using PanOxyl Acne Foaming Wash - 10% Benzoyl Peroxide on my face for my acne at several people's recommendations. Since I've started using it once a day (for about 5 days now), I've had a small breakout on my chin. I usually break out a bit when I start using a new product (even if it ends up being helpful) so I'm not really concerned about that. BUT. I have the driest skin I've ever had in my life. I moisturize in the morning and before bed, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I want to keep using this product, but my skin is starting to feel like scratchy parchment and it hurts. Does anyone have any experience with PanOxyl? Does it get better? Do you have any tips? Does it ultimately help clear your skin?

Thanks in advance :)

MemberMember
(@pi1grim)

Posted : 01/26/2018 11:02 am

Try a little 1% hydro-cortisone (HC) cream immediately after washing to combat irritation & dryness (it is approved for use on the face). Benzoyl peroxide (BP) is very irritating to most people's skin. The irritation can actually make the breakouts worse. Almost no one can tolerate full 10% BP. If the HC helps, try a custom blend of 1 part 10% BP to 2 parts 1% HC yielding a 3.3% BP, 0.6% HC. The cleanser may also be irritating your skin. Try switching to a cream blend as described above and use only mild, non-medicated soap. Please let me know if you get a good response. Many have. Pi1grim

MemberMember
(@maksodirdak)

Posted : 08/02/2018 2:28 am

I bought dermalmd acne serum at the recommendation of my dermatologist when panoxyl was a bit too harsh for my skin. It definitely helped clear up my cystic and hormonal pattern acne, but it takes daily use for several months to work and should definitely be paired with an oil-free moisturizer.