Notifications
Clear all

Best Facial Moisturizer for Dry, Flaky, & Irritated Skin

MemberMember
(@mpq)

Posted : 12/14/2017 10:03 pm

I just started prescription acne medication for only 3 days and my face has already become dry, flaky, red, and irritated. Taking my dryness, flakiness, irritated, & red skin, what is the best facial moisturizers (both A.M. & P.M.) that is non-comedogenic AND oil free?

I wish I could just put that intense moisturizing hand cream on my face because I feel like that's the kind of moisture I need, but obviously that is not good for my acne. A few options I've heard good things about are: Cetaphil Daily Hydrating Lotion with Hylaronic Acid, Cerave Facial Moisturizing Lotion (both AM & PM versions), Cetaphil Redness Relieving Moisturizer, etc. etc. Any recommendations for both a SPF & non-SPF lotion (nighttime) facial moisturizer are greatly appreciated.

MemberMember
(@honeyginseng)

Posted : 12/15/2017 3:22 pm

I've heard Cerave is good although I don't use it.

I use the oil-free birch sap moisturizer from CosRx, a Korean beauty brand. It moisturizes my skin and makes it plump, love it! It has a little bit of tea tree oil in it as well, which helps clear my skin. I've noticed that my clogged pores sit at the surface and are easy to extract (thus heal faster), rather than sit under the surface, after using this moisturizer. consistently.

For a good moisturizer, you also want to look for hyauluronic acid, which is already found naturally in our skin to keep it supple. Hyauluronic acid also binds to moisture particles in the air to absorb into your skin. Different molecular weights of hyauluronic acid will allow it to sink deeper into your skin's layers. I've also heard Hada Labo's moisturizing lotion is great too- different molecular weights of HA.

Hope this helps!

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 12/16/2017 9:04 pm

i saw an article online about a baby moisturizer called "childs farm" helping children and adults with pretty bad eczema.

i tried it and can report no bad side effects (no redness etc). might be worth trying if you can get it.